Does Santa wrap in your family?

Does Santa wrap?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
To be completely honest, when my sons were little Santa didn't wrap. It all started when I wanted to extend the whole excitement thing and have everything wrapped. That was the first year I also fixed a large Christmas breakfast. In my mind, I pictured us all having this nice breakfast and unwrapping gifts one by one until time to go to grandma's. Yeah. . . didn't quite work that way. :rotfl: DH couldn't stand the suspense of opening one by one, much less the boys!!

It wasn't quite the scene I envisioned, but it started the two traditions. So, now everything is wrapped. And ds does the same with his kids.

Somehow it also started the tradition of being up half the night on Christmas eve and wrapping all of it. :eek: Every year I say "I will have all of this done next year" Yeah, right.

Yes Santa wraps at our house - in special Santa wrapping paper. We go to Macys each year so the kids can write their postcard of the one thing they want him to bring them and we drop it in the big red mailbox there (which Macys makes a donation to Make a Wish for every letter, plus my kids are too scared to sit on santas lap!)

I wrap all the other presents and each person in the family gets their own wrapping paper (dollar store has Disney paper!). That way I don't have to write their names on everything. Those gifts are under the tree in the living room.

After they open those gifts, about an hour later DD6 usually sulks because Santa didn't get her what she asked for. Then I have to remind her we left cookies and milk for Santa by the fireplace in the family room - so we all rush in there and squeal because we see the special Santa wrapped presents.

It goes this way every year. We'll see if she remembers this year-lol!

Oh, and we have our stockings by the fireplace, that are wrapped in their paper, from mom and dad, not Santa. DH and I only exchange stocking gifts for each other and we ask the kids to help is shop.

Now Santa wraps, at the request of my youngest son. Santa used to leave the gifts unwrapped. But our 3 kids would wake up at different times, usually the youngest being last. He felt like his brothers got to see his gifts before him, and it bugged him, so Santa started wrapping!

We were living overseas at the time, so Christmas Morning we would always be at my in-laws. We would also be suffering from exhaustion, and jet lag from our long journey. The sleeping arrangements made it difficult to keep the kids from seeing what santa had brought, or waiting for everyone to wake up.

Both growing up in my family, and then when I had my own kids, Santa only brought each child one gift, usually the most exciting/wished for item and they were front and center, and never wrapped. Of course, he filled the stockings, too. Other wrapped gifts were from Mom and Dad.

This! Also, If it was going to be difficult to assemble then it was good to go "No assembly req'd!". ;)

Santa doesn't wrap.....no time! He is a busy jolly, old elf
Santa didn't wrap when I was a child
Santa didn't wrap when my parents were children
Santa didn't wrap any of my friends presents or my children's friends presents

Wow! That pretty well wraps it up! :rotfl2:

Both growing up in my family, and then when I had my own kids, Santa only brought each child one gift, usually the most exciting/wished for item and they were front and center, and never wrapped. Of course, he filled the stockings, too. Other wrapped gifts were from Mom and Dad.

This! Also, If it was going to be difficult to assemble then it was good to go "No assembly req'd!". ;)

The year before Santa started wrapping everything, he didn't want the boys to peek before they woke us up so he wrapped the LR doorway!!

All the bedrooms were down a hallway with their rooms closer to the LR than our's. So, to make sure they had to wake us up before they went in there, an entire roll of wrapping paper was used to cover the doorway. And a big bow in the middle.

Younger son came running into our room saying "uhhhhh, Mom? I think Santa gave us the other end of the house." :rotfl2:

It was so funny, they were nervous about tearing it down!

Santa wrapped for us as kids and Santa wraps for our kids. There may be a stray gift here or there that doesn't get wrapped (bikes, DDs Brave bow & arrow last year, etc). Santa has special wrapping paper that he uses. Santa brings at least one of the requested gifts from the kids list. Santa also fills the stockings.

Santa only gives one gift and it is not wrapped. The stocking stuffers are all wrapped.

In our house no. For us the elves assemble everything in their workshop and then Santa delivers it ready to go. All part of the fun and nothing beats the expression when the kids come running down and see all their toys ready to go. It is a lot of fun. They do get several wrapped gifts from us.

Now Santa wraps, at the request of my youngest son. Santa used to leave the gifts unwrapped. But our 3 kids would wake up at different times, usually the youngest being last. He felt like his brothers got to see his gifts before him, and it bugged him, so Santa started wrapping!

We were living overseas at the time, so Christmas Morning we would always be at my in-laws. We would also be suffering from exhaustion, and jet lag from our long journey. The sleeping arrangements made it difficult to keep the kids from seeing what santa had brought, or waiting for everyone to wake up.

Part of our tradition is that as each kids wakes up they climb into bed with us and we snuggle in bed and watch tv until everyone is awake. Then I always go down and get the camera ready and call them down. Then video tape the excitement as they see everything. There isn't a set amount of gifts from Santa. This year it is 3 plus stockings and then they get 4 from us.

Santa wraps here. He has his own wrapping paper and labels, too. A tradition I'm kind of regretting 8 years later @_@

In our house Santa brings all the presents on Christmas morning and they are all wrapped. This is the way my DH and I grew up too. My mom will come this week spend the day. We will bake cookies and she will help me wrap. I love seeing all the wrapped gifts on Christmas morning.

We give one gift to the boys on Christmas Eve, this year an under armour sweatshirt and they open presents from each other Christmas Eve.

Yes Santa wraps here!! We have 2 kids and Santa wraps each kids gifts in their own wrapping paper. He leaves a letter telling the kids he saw how hard they worked this year and tells them who gets what wrapping paper.

Yes, Santa's gifts are wrapped --- in bright, colorful wrapping paper! While gifts from Mom are wrapped in subtle tones that look nice with our living room decor. ;) Mom gives books and clothes, Santa gives toys and gadgets and other things that Mom wouldn't necessarily have the money for.

Gifts from Santa are always wrapped in Santa themed paper ( his face or sleigh). Stuff from mom and dad is wrapped in a different paper for each person, so labels weren't really needed except from Santa. I always got penguin paper.

Yes Santa wraps here, and every year Santa says he's going to wrap everything before Christmas Eve but he doesn't. Then on Christmas Eve night Santa is exhausted and just wanting to go to bed but its like 1 AM and he still has a pile of things to wrap. When will Santa ever learn................

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter