Does Sci-Fi Restaurant need to be reimagined?

Sci-Fi

Earning My Ears
I personally love Sci-Fi, and the theming is arguably in the top 5 Disney restaurants. The food seems to get a bad rap but they have good burgers, milkshakes and old school syrup sodas. Guaranteed the beat drive-in movies theatre food on the planet lol. There are so many other themes that could easily work like Star Wars, Indiana Jones or even the Muppets show. I would love all of them but I hate to see the classics go. Either way they would need to expand the seating to accommodate the hordes of people. What are your thoughts?

Leave it just the way it is. If it ain't broke no reason to try to fix it. There are plenty of other restaurants that could use some love in decor and food offering. Sci Fi is just fine.

Note: Ate there a week ago. Excellent server and our food (burger & fries) were perfect!

I’ve never eaten there but it seems making more people fit in would take away from the quaintness? Like more= cafeteria style…

Maybe it’s good that it’s smaller and not a crazy large crowd.
Trying it in April, guess I’ll see!

I’ve never eaten there but it seems making more people fit in would take away from the quaintness? Like more= cafeteria style…

Maybe it’s good that it’s smaller and not a crazy large crowd.
Trying it in April, guess I’ll see!
Honestly if they want to fit more people in all they need to do is hire more servers & kitchen help so they can fill all the cars. Every time I've eaten there are at least 20% empty for the duration.

I like the Sci-Fi. But every time we've had an ADR there, even though we've always checked-in on time, we've had a medium to a long wait to be seated.

I'd love it if they'd mix up the trailers and movie snippets with a lot more content. Sure, have some cheesy sci-fi from the old days, but also have some from more modern decades too. Maybe sci-fi from different decades on different days? Also, we aren't trying to be slow, but sometimes we're there so long that the movie clips start repeating.

i agree, it is so good as it is. Love the cheesy movies. Maybe upgrade the menu, but leave the 50's sci fi movies alone.

I would love to see them find some more old trailers and ads from the '50s. You can keep the same theme but vary the content a little.

Also, the last two times I was there, the sound was turned down so low that it was hard to even hear a lot of the dialogue. (It's not just that I'm getting old. My kids complained about it too.) I don't know why that is. Maybe they heard complaints that the movies are so loud you can't hear the conversation at your car/table, and they overreacted. But, whatever the reason, it really interfered with the experience.

I love Sci-fi, wouldn’t change anything. The movies scared my oldest for months afterwards and she’ll never go back, but other than that.

I’ve always enjoyed it. Maybe a bit more lighting in the cars like for when we get food. Like have the option to get more light from inside the car (especially since they had to rescue my phone from inside the seats last year!)

I just want the Buffalo chicken potato skins back

I think the theming is fantastic the way it is. The only thing that needs to be changed is the food. It's mediocre at best and could use some love.

I would’ve appreciated a heads up that the movies/trailers shown can be scary for kids. Gave mine nightmares for months and even now, a year later, she doesn’t like walking past Sci-Fi.

Food is mediocre, car seating not that convenient. But that is to be expected and I knew that going in. It’s part of the atmosphere.

Sci-Fi doesn’t need to be reimagined. It seems to be doing fine as it is. It’s different from other offerings. It’s not for my family, but I can appreciate that others like it.

I would love it if they would offer a breakfast with clips of 90s Disney afternoon shows… maybe with a quick meet & greet with Chip and Dale in their Rescue Rangers outfits when you go to leave or first enter..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter