Does Texting Feature on Disney App work on the Magic?

mousemamma

Mouseketeer
Good morning.

We are so excited to try out the new Navigator App on the Magic. Does anyone know if the texting feature of the App works on the Magic? I thought I had read that it did; but then I read somewhere else that it didn't. So I wasn't sure which was correct.

So excited to cruise!

Thanks!

From reports of those that just got back and a email that I got from DCL it is not available on the Magic/Wonder.

From what I have read text is not yet available on the Wonder for sure. Not sure about Magic,.

I cruise to get AWAY from the tech, emails etc.! We lock the phones in the safe except for an occasional desire to listen to some previously downloaded music or podcast. Different strokes for different folks!

The wave phones and the paper navigator work for us.

In another thread it was confirmed by DCL that texting feature is not available on the Magic.

MJ

Ugh. i was really hoping it was going to be there for our sailing in the beginning of May on the Magic...

Another app question - can you do anything like make dining reservations or spa or nursery reservations? Is it interactive at all or does it basically just show the Navigator??

Oh bummer. Thanks so much for the info. Was hoping it would work just to have an easy way to find family members onboard. We've never had much luck with the wave phones. Thanks!

Just got back on Sunday and can confirm that texting is not yet available on the Magic through the app.

I saw on CC there is an update out today for the app that says texting now on all four ships. I just updated mine. Hopefully it works when we go!

I saw on CC there is an update out today for the app that says texting now on all four ships. I just updated mine. Hopefully it works when we go!
Figures there's an update today when my trip just ended on Sunday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter