Does the jogging track on Deck 4 of the Wish go all the way around the ship?

Deb in IA

Knows that KIDS are better
We like to get our laps in during the early morning. (It helps me justify my eating!). Anyway, does the jogging path go all the way around the ship on the Wish, like it does on the Magic and Wonder? I can't tell on the deck plans if it does or not.
Thanks!

The path is from 3/4 of the way from the back up to 3/4 of the way to the front of the ship on deck 4, up a flight of stairs to 5 around the front to the other side, back down to 4 and back to that same spot on the other side. It’s a U, not a circle. Dumb.

It's such a mess. And because of this, it can be hard to get a treadmill in the gym! I have no idea why they made this decision. Whoever did so has clearly not been out on deck 4 on a morning on a sea day on the other ships. It's PACKED with people. One of the most baffling things to me about the design of the Wish. And the Treasure will likely be the same.

this sounds disappointing.... I loved the jogging track on the allure... having to go up and down stairs during the jog/walk? so odd...

this sounds disappointing.... I loved the jogging track on the allure... having to go up and down stairs during the jog/walk? so odd...
It’s actually worse than that, since you cannot go completely around the ship even with the stairs. There is no pathway around the aft end of the ship. The track is U-shaped, with the bottom of the U at the forward end of the ship and the straight sides along port and starboard. You would have to double back in the opposite direction to get back to your starting point. Apparently a design by a person who never sailed on a cruise ship, where some form of ”promenade deck” is a very common feature.

It’s actually worse than that, since you cannot go completely around the ship even with the stairs. There is no pathway around the aft end of the ship. The track is U-shaped, with the bottom of the U at the forward end of the ship and the straight sides along port and starboard. You would have to double back in the opposite direction to get back to your starting point. Apparently a design by a person who never sailed on a cruise ship, where some form of ”promenade deck” is a very common feature.
Laura Cabo was the Disney person who designed this and never was on a cruise ship. See article below.

https://www.laughingplace.com/w/art...l Ambassador Bob Weis,on a cruise ship before.

That article mentions that Laura spread the entertainment venues over multiple decks instead of putting them all into a "district". It says nothing about who designed the promenade.

I think you're all really overestimating how many guests really care about this. I know that the promenade deck is important to some posters here, but overall, most guests probably don't even think about it. In exchange for the stairs, the restaurants are better placed, there's an outdoor component to the spa area, and we get to stand right at the prow of the ship. I'm OK with that tradeoff.

I wish it was complete, but don't cruise for a jogging or walking path. That said, I do hope they make some changes from the Wish on the Treasure.

I think you're all really overestimating how many guests really care about this. I know that the promenade deck is important to some posters here, but overall, most guests probably don't even think about it.
The number that do is not an insubstantial number when you try to cram them all into the gym on a sea day, and therein lies the problem. It's like saying, "not that many people go to Cove, we can just get rid of that." Okay, but then you have a line of people all trying to get coffee from the espresso station in Cabana's (or Marceline or whatever). Sure, it's not a HUGE number of people that drink cappuccinos at 8 AM, but it is going to make a large impact because there isn't an alternative for the number of people trying to use that service. My daughter isn't old enough for the princess gathering any more so I don't have a horse in that race, but I certainly wouldn't begrudge all the people their princesses if for some reason DCL tried to limit that to one per sailing or something. Same thing. Again, doesn't impact the number of people on the ship, but for the kids in that age bracket, it would make a huge impact. And that's what we're saying. You've obviously never been on deck 4 on one of the other ships on a sea day. There can literally be a hundred or more people out there over the course of an hour or two.

I think you're all really overestimating how many guests really care about this. I know that the promenade deck is important to some posters here, but overall, most guests probably don't even think about it. In exchange for the stairs, the restaurants are better placed, there's an outdoor component to the spa area, and we get to stand right at the prow of the ship. I'm OK with that tradeoff.
I think you're underestimating how many people really enjoy a promenade. I won't be sailing on the Wish or Treasure.

I think you're underestimating how many people really enjoy a promenade. I won't be sailing on the Wish or Treasure.
No, I'm not. It's definitely a small minority of cruisers. You obviously should sail on whichever ships you like best. Disney isn't exactly hurting for guests on the Wish.

That article mentions that Laura spread the entertainment venues over multiple decks instead of putting them all into a "district". It says nothing about who designed the promenade.

I'm not overestimating anything. I don't care for the Wish along with many other people.

No, I'm not. It's definitely a small minority of cruisers. You obviously should sail on whichever ships you like best. Disney isn't exactly hurting for guests on the Wish.
It's also a smaller number of cruisers who enjoy speciality coffee drinks and yet there are like 10 places to get espressos on the Wish. (I happen to like both running and specialty coffee so I was disappointed in the former and happy with the latter.)

Just out of curiosity, have you been on deck 4 early in the morning on a sea day? I think you would actually be quite surprised. It has never looked like a "small minority" to me.

On my cruise last month someone organized an unofficial 5k on deck 4 on a sea day. Ultimately she had to cap it as she had literally (and I'm using the actual definition of the word here, not just figurative) HUNDREDS of people interested in it. So when you've got hundreds of people that want to run on deck 4 on a cruise out of about 3000 people, that's not what I would consider a "small minority." Yes, I know that's for an (semi) organized event, but over the course of the cruise, I would hazard to say that hundreds of people take a full-lap stroll, jog, or run around deck 4. Again, I don't think that's a "small minority."

It's also a smaller number of cruisers who enjoy speciality coffee drinks and yet there are like 10 places to get espressos on the Wish. (I happen to like both running and specialty coffee so I was disappointed in the former and happy with the latter.)

Just out of curiosity, have you been on deck 4 early in the morning on a sea day? I think you would actually be quite surprised. It has never looked like a "small minority" to me.

On my cruise last month someone organized an unofficial 5k on deck 4 on a sea day. Ultimately she had to cap it as she had literally (and I'm using the actual definition of the word here, not just figurative) HUNDREDS of people interested in it. So when you've got hundreds of people that want to run on deck 4 on a cruise out of about 3000 people, that's not what I would consider a "small minority." Yes, I know that's for an (semi) organized event, but over the course of the cruise, I would hazard to say that hundreds of people take a full-lap stroll, jog, or run around deck 4. Again, I don't think that's a "small minority."
I've been on deck 4 early in the morning many times on many cruises. I've never seen HUNDREDS of people walking or jogging. Not even close. I suspect that your cruise was quite an exception and probably because of the unofficial 5k.

Regardless of what anyone here thinks, Disney is selling rooms on the Wish just fine, so it seems that most people don't view the non-looping deck 4 as a deal breaker.

I have a smoking question for you all. I enjoy to smoke and I have an upcoming cruise on the Magic. I can smoke from 6PM to 6AM on Deck 4, the running deck. I'll get up early to smoke, at around 5AM. Is there a corner for me to smoke or am I smoking right where people are running in the early AM?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter