Does the Peoplemover actually have a wait time?

I heard a rumor that more people are riding the Peoplemover because there is some Instagram challenge and people are wanting to check our the construction of Tron.

I heard a rumor that more people are riding the Peoplemover because there is some Instagram challenge and people are wanting to check our the construction of Tron.
plus:
it's a relaxing, longish ride where you get to sit down
it has no height requirement
it's close to space mountain which is the perfect location to wait out your fp
perfect location for rider swap parents
it's a classic and DL doesn't have it anymore
you get great views of the castle
it has shorter wait times when the rest of the park is crazy
.....what am I missing? :D
I ride it every Monday and don't get tired of it

When we were there in February during evening EMH we had about a 10 minute wait (the line never stopped moving).

Absolutely remember that! Perfect ride around 2 or 3 times with a cranky 5 AND 40 year old who still love to do it at now nearly 25 and ahem...a little older! Perfect place to plan Buzz Lightyear strategy, too.

Any other old-timers like me remember the days when there was never, ever any line down below and you could always just step onto the moving walkway to go up to the ride?

Yep. We were quite dismayed when we realized a line for the people mover was the new norm. I don't remember there even being a chained queue at ground level back then, but my memory could be bad.

Any other old-timers like me remember the days when there was never, ever any line down below and you could always just step onto the moving walkway to go up to the ride?
I blame all the vloggers. They've given away the secret. It also seems like they don't load it as efficiently as other rides, I see lots of empty cars when I go on it.

I blame all the vloggers. They've given away the secret. It also seems like they don't load it as efficiently as other rides, I see lots of empty cars when I go on it.
Im hoping you're joking about the vloggers, also i explained up thread why you sometimes see empty vehicles

Im hoping you're joking about the vloggers, also i explained up thread why you sometimes see empty vehicles
I'm not joking, but I don't mean it as an insult. I think vloggers, bloggers, and forums have gained a lot of influence and those people tend to recommend the People Mover a lot, as well as many of the other classic rides. It's not a bad thing, really it's probably a good thing, but it does send crowds to underrated attractions.

I think the top queue isn't setup well to get efficient loading, but they are pretty space limited up there.

Oh I definitely waited 20 minutes for peoplemover on a CL 7 day recently. But space mountain was down with lights on, so I was more than willing to wait. lol.

The thought of a line at PM makes me sad. It's my fave thing. I can't remember a line...

I've walked on, and I have seen it >30 minutes. I think they >30 minute day has some issues with it and that was part of the delay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter