Does this video depict level 6 crowds??

DisneyFinally

Mouseketeer
This video below is from May 28, 2014, MK, from You tube. I went back to that date, from Touring Plans crowd calender history, and MK was what they say is a level 6 that day.
If this is level 6, which is what is expected at the end of August, then I would say this is way too crowded for my taste.
Opinions? Is it me , this looks like an 8-10 level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmZa1TPTys8

I don't think you can determine crowd level based on this video and here's why.... It's a rope drop and the first day for a brand new coaster at Magic Kingdom. It will be very crowded. Rope drop is always crowded before you get into the park and it just so happened that all the people wanted to go to the exact same place.

With that said, May 28 was 2 days after Memorial Day and I would venture to believe that it was probably closer to a 7-8 than a 6. I'll see if I have any crowd photos from around that time.

This video below is from May 28, 2014, MK, from You tube. I went back to that date, from Touring Plans crowd calender history, and MK was what they say is a level 6 that day.
If this is level 6, which is what is expected at the end of August, then I would say this is way too crowded for my taste.

Looks like a 6 to me - and it is a lot more crowded than that in August, even at the end of the month.

This was taken on June 4, 2014. It is an afternoon (4:15 p.m.) view of Main Street.

I do not know what the crowd number was for this day but it's as close as I could get to your day.

I'm not sure that this video is a good gauge of the normal crowd levels. It was from the first day that 7DMT officially opened... I think it stands to reason that the crowds were out en masse. :confused3

This was taken on June 4, 2014. It is an afternoon (4:15 p.m.) view of Main Street.

I do not know what the crowd number was for this day but it's as close as I could get to your day.

According to touringplans.com, this day was indeed a 6.

That is super nice of you. That looks more bearable. We would be going August 18, mid week to avoid a weekend. Or maybe we coudl do September, as my daughter will be off Sept. 14 and 15 and maybe we can do a long weekend?? I know for Sept. crowd level says 1 for those dates ;) But I would maybe have to take her out of school one day? :( School starts. Sept 2

Not sure where you are from but August heat is brutal here in the south. September crowds and prices are definitely lower than August crowds and prices except for Labor Day weekend. :thumbsup2

Wow - compared to Thanksgiving week that almost looks deserted! :)

Hmmm....I just am too indecisive! ...I am spoiled cause I was there only once in my life at the end of September, and it was not crowded. For my daughters first time there I want her to feel the same enjoyment. Hard esp when so hot too.

Not sure where you are from but August heat is brutal here in the south. September crowds and prices are definitely lower than August crowds and prices except for Labor Day weekend. :thumbsup2

I know :( I am from NJ. We do get bad humidity and heat in summer, but I know its hard when doing a park, esp with a young child. I have only been there once in my life, and it was the end of September. It was a amazing! It was before we had our daughter. Im thinking maybe of Sept 14-15 as she has those days off. But I would have to pull her from school one day :(. She starts Sept 2. We just want to do a 4 night. Really just to introduce her to MK, and the princesses. Don't care as much about the other parks for this first trip.

Remember that touring plan "crowd levels" have nothing to do with how busy or crowded a park feels- at least not directly

Crowd levels are based on what they can measure- which is wait times. Therefore, from a picture or video it is impossible to even guess as to what the crowd level was. There are times when parks can feel busy or have busy walkways (such as the opening of a new ride) but wait times in other areas are low, meaning that their algorithm will result in a low crowd level.

Interesting. EasyWDW had that day as an 8, but his rankings are for the entire WDW resort and MK was the most recommended park that day, so it may have been more of a 6 at MK.

This is helpful! Sometimes you just want a gut check, not a certified answer good for all purposes.

Basically, this is what a "6" day could look like.

Our family was there that week, and in MK on that day! 7DMT was crazy, but the park did not seem that crowded overall. And we had our 6-year-old and 18-mo. old daughters with us. We had good FP+'s, a great itinerary, and the week went so well!

Our family was there that week, and in MK on that day! 7DMT was crazy, but the park did not seem that crowded overall. And we had our 6-year-old and 18-mo. old daughters with us. We had good FP+'s, a great itinerary, and the week went so well!

Good to know!:)

That video really doesn't show anything about how "crowded" the park is.

It's rope drop. Everyone is contained in one area and then all enter the park at the same time. I really think that's about how it looks whether it's an 8 or a 2 day. (We have been for both). Rope drop is a massive herd all going in the same direction. That's not how it feels to walk around the rest of the day because after the initial wave people spread out and do their own thing.

If you notice a few times the camera panned around, there were large areas where there were almost no people. We were not there that particular day, but we have been twice around Memorial Day other years and I have pictures of my kids in front of the castle with no one else in them. We could walk on to rides for at least the first hour.

I would not stress. If that was how crowded the walkways were all the time, my family would never go back.

OP, for what it's worth, if you are trying to avoid crowds (as I do), while I agree with looking at the crowd calendars to ballpark it - i.e., don't select xmas to nye week - but just go at rope drop and otherwise tour 'intelligently.'

I go annually in late August (that last week IS quiet - its much less crowded than even the week prior). I wanted to try a very low crowd time - in better weather - so I went Jan. 10-17 this year, without kids. Easy, peasy, right? Nope. Yes, the first hour or two after rope drop was very good, but you still cannot walk in a straight line without dodging people by about 11am. Not saying it was like a school vacation week, but no way did it 'feel' empty, or what I would have thought a crowd level 1 or 2 is (TP had one particular day - I think it was Wed. that week - predicted at 3 at the park I went to; the next day, in the 'how did we do' section, it said it was 'actually' a 1 (per TP). If that was a 1, I shudder to think of what a 10 is like!). During that week, as an example, I had a FP+ for the parades and Wishes at MK (I never go because I hate the jostling/waiting in position -I go lone with the kids so extra tough without 2 adults to hold the spot). At ALL 3 I had people standing close enough to feel their coughing on me, and/or squeeze in to stand in front of me, and no great spot left at that time for me to move to. And that was in the FP+ area - which was sparse compared to the rest of the area.

I guess I'm just saying that it's really just never empty at WDW. I just do the 1st 2 hours at rope drop and then anything else I get done is gravy.

I would have been annoyed if I had taken my kids out of school to experience a low crowd week, because it didn't feel that much less crowded to me - we'll stick to just doing the 1st 2 or so hours after rope drop during vacation weeks, and last week of August.

HTH!

You can't judge how crowded a park is by looking at a rope drop video. I was there that day. The park wasn't very crowded. We never waited in line for more than 20 minutes, and most waits were under 10 minutes.

Also keep in mind that most of the people that day headed straight for 7DMT. The crowd you see at the end of the video was well over half of the people that were in the entire park.

We were there 5/29/2014 last year (the very next day) and it was a very manageable crowd. There were still rides that you had to wait for or utilize FP+ but for the most part the lines were short and the crowds were light.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter