• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does Universal have a gator problem like Disney

I wonder if they or any other park has problems with gators or snakes or amoebas?

Disney does not have a gator problem. It has a "stupid people" problem with idiots who don't know how to take responsibility for themselves and their children.

And, yes have seen gators, snakes, snapping turtles, etc. at Universal in quieter ends of water ways and on land.

Your picture makes me so upset. There is no feeding the wildlife in Florida. There are reasons you don't do this. Plus, I am sorry, from FL or not, just common sense not to feed an alligator! And pizza?! Yes previous post, this is why there are issues with gators coming around. :furious:

I completely agree. I hope you don't think we were the ones feeding the gator. Nope not us and never would we.

Thinking of closing this thread if it continues in this direction

A question was asked to start this thread and it has been answered

If the pot is stirred on this subject it won't be available for future postings
Or I could move to to the CB which would not last as long as it did here

Play nice.....

I completely agree. I hope you don't think we were the ones feeding the gator. Nope not us and never would we.

I made a comment after your post to let all readers know you were showing a picture from a Disney resort

You had nothing to do with feeding the gator

Oops, just read the post. You can delete my post above. I can't figure out how to do it.

Your lucky day
No points for you and your original post deleted before many read it

I was a second away of taking action

We all can say something that is regrettable and appreciate you understanding the situation

The thread will stay open but will be watched by me and other mods

Please, just play nice and not give harsh opinions

I hate giving points out for infractions of the Dis rules but I do have to on occasions

There are always ducks and birds in the park wanting food

they follow the popcorn trail
They should follow me around target. I always leave a popcorn trail in there. I'm surprised I dont have a target employee following me around with a dust pan!!!
Wildlife... it's a fun thing. We have the same problem at our rental homes.... People often call me flipping out because WILDLIFE. It's pretty routine during the hot months to find "things" in the pools.
ALWAYS CHECK THE WATER. always always always. I cannot stress this enough. The skimmers in pools too! Things like to hide in there. (shivers down spine) YUCK

vatmark wasn't the one that tossed the pizza out on the grounds.
figured it was posted to show us there are gators at other disney resorts.

there are a lot of rules such as no feeding the wildlife but it does happen.

Oh no,no,no...I certainly DIDN'T think Vatmark fed the gator. I was just speaking to the picture in general. I reread my post and see how it could have come across wrong. So sorry - nothing but Disney magic from me to fellow Dissers.

Not sure if he was blaming them or not. Just think he was stating in general.

Agreed. It was the "royal 'you'" being used. Not the personal "you".

I bet the pool gates keep lazier alligators out as well as they keep kids out of the area when it's closed. Dual purpose fencing. :)

I don't think the OP asked if Disney had a problem with gators. I'm sure the Disney lawyers would say it is a problem. :-) While any resort or any waterway in Florida could have a gator, I think there is a much lesser chance of seeing a gator on Universal property than Disney. Can we agree to that?

I don't think the OP asked if Disney had a problem with gators. I'm sure the Disney lawyers would say it is a problem. :-) While any resort or any waterway in Florida could have a gator, I think there is a much lesser chance of seeing a gator on Universal property than Disney. Can we agree to that?
I just imagine an alligator walking down i4 trying to get from the closest water way to Universals.... "Just a city gator...." Terrible comedy aside, I agree with that. You've got land locked city park vs once marsh/swamp unlandlocked lots of water park.

T

And...I've just realized why Royal Pacific's pool area is gated. And I've just realized that as pretty as that one beachy area is (that you can see from the boat coming into RPR), I might never visit it.

I've never seen one at Uni, but I've never seen one at WDW, either.

And I realized that I need to be much more careful/aware when using the walking path between RPR and City Walk. Especially in the dark. I've never seen an alligator there. But there can always be the possibility.

There is always a lot of foot traffic on that walkway

I have never been concerned about big creatures on the walkway

There is always a lot of foot traffic on that walkway

I have never been concerned about big creatures on the walkway

I was thinking more about the times in late September when I'd hit the path about 6:15 AM to walk to a 7 AM early opening. Most people headed for the boat dock. There was a time or two I never saw a soul on the path until I hit the security point. I won't stop using the walkway by any means, but will just be a bit more attuned to my surroundings on it.

I would be more worried about other things besides gators at Universal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter