Does Your Goodwill Sell Underwear? Mine Does

rastahomie

Registered
Mrs. Homie likes to "thrift" for toys and things she can upcycle. Far more often than I'd like, I've wound up inside Goodwill and other thrift stores with her.

The one in Farmington, Missouri has underwear. USED UNDERWEAR! :O

If you're so poor that you're buying your underwear second-hand, give me a call and I'll take you across the street to Walmart and buy you a pack of new, clean underwear.

*shudder*

Are you sure they are used? I bought a bunch of underwear and I didn't like the way one pair felt after wearing them. I donated all the unused ones.

I don't have to do it now but growing up I am pretty sure a few pairs of undies probably came from goodwill. I don't understand how it is so gross to people. The whites my mom always bleached and everything else got washed with high heat. There is no difference between undies and blue jeans or a coat. It isn't like you buy the stuff that is soiled that kind of stuff Goodwill throws away anyways.

I wouldn't judge people who have to shop at those kinds of stores. As I've gotten older and realized my mom single handedly raised 3 children on 1/3 of what I make now makes me thankful for her and what she could give us even if that included good will clothes.

Aaron you seem like a guy that wouldn't mind treasure hunting at a Goodwill store. Not for undies, but maybe the rare score of a jazz album or some bric a brac. No???

I don't have to do it now but growing up I am pretty sure a few pairs of undies probably came from goodwill. I don't understand how it is so gross to people. The whites my mom always bleached and everything else got washed with high heat. There is no difference between undies and blue jeans or a coat. It isn't like you buy the stuff that is soiled that kind of stuff Goodwill throws away anyways.

I wouldn't judge people who have to shop at those kinds of stores. As I've gotten older and realized my mom single handedly raised 3 children on 1/3 of what I make now makes me thankful for her and what she could give us even if that included good will clothes.
Used is used. You can bleach it all you want in boiling water, you don't know what happened in those underwear. That's like buying a used toothbrush at goodwill.

I have no idea whether mine sells underwear or not, but I agree with "eeewwwww".

Some things are great second hand - save money, save the planet, and all that - but not underwear.

Used is used. You can bleach it all you want in boiling water, you don't know what happened in those underwear. That's like buying a used toothbrush at goodwill.

No buying a used toothbrush is not the same as buying a used item of clothing. What are you so worried about once something is washed/disinfected?

I hope you don't wear anything or use anything that is made of recycled materials. You'd have no clue where any of that was either.

Yes you can. You never know if some went commando before trying them on.
Well that is a risk you take buying from retail buy buying used underwear from goodwill is just nasty. Where do you draw the line on what not to buy at goodwill. Will you buy used deodorant, tooth brush, electric shaver, etc???

No buying a used toothbrush is not the same as buying a used item of clothing. What are you so worried about once something is washed/disinfected?

I hope you don't wear anything or use anything that is made of recycled materials. You'd have no clue where any of that was either.
It's underwear, not a pair of pants. I have never purchased anything from goodwill but it can't be any different than buying from a garage sale. I doubt goodwill washed the clothes that come in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter