Does your teen boy carry a wallet?

Last I knew, ds was using a WHITE leather wallet!! :rotfl2: I can only imagine my mom must've given it to him when he was younger and he just never bought a new one. (She probably found it when she cleaned out the light blue polyester leisure suit and white loafers....)

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
He must be like my DS. Could care less what it looks like, as long as it works.

Last I knew, ds was using a WHITE leather wallet!! :rotfl2: I can only imagine my mom must've given it to him when he was younger and he just never bought a new one. (She probably found it when she cleaned out the light blue polyester leisure suit and white loafers....)

White leather after Labor Day? For shame. :rotfl:

Out of curiosity, those of you with 13/14/15 year olds who use wallets, what do they keep in there?

White leather after Labor Day? For shame. :rotfl:

Out of curiosity, those of you with 13/14/15 year olds who use wallets, what do they keep in there?

I already listed it, but I will again (DS is 14):

public transit card
insurance card
Subway card (for the restaurant--like a frequent buyer thing, he loves Subway :rotfl:)
library card
Dad's business card with phone numbers in case he lost his cell and needed to call
Money for lunch, etc

Oh, and when he has one, a punch card for the rock climbing gym he goes to

Haha, sorry, I was speaking about his grandmother, he calls her nanny (she lives around the corner and does our laundry sometimes:rolleyes1). Wish I was wealthy enough to hire someone to follow behind this kid.

Lol- I have to admit that a 15 year old with a nanny caught my attention too. Of course, this is the Dis! Lol.

I carried a velcro wallet from the time I was in the 7th grade up until last year. Now Im 25 and carry an Adventure Time wallet(I think its like faux leather material).

So its all personal preference really.

I am thinking of buying my son a wallet for his middle school graduation. He will need to carry his school id and transportation card and some $$ for lunch/ snacks. I am thinking of filling it with some gift cards to different stores to purchase some new cloths for school - will check out American eagle - any other suggestions?

Aside from the fact that it just looks classier, the advantage of a nice leather wallet is that it will last a long time. I've been using the same one for at least 10 years.

My son is this age.... So I will chime in.
I don't necessarily think that a teen needs a nice leather wallet.

We found the perfect wallet for our son, and gave it to him at Christmas.
It is the poly. Not leather... But it is very nice... 'RealTree' design fabric.

Perfect for him.
If a teen is not into the natural, hunting, Duck Dynasty, type of thing, then there are probably other middle of the road options that are not 'my old man's leather wallet', and also not a cheap kids velcro...

:goodvibes

My son is twenty and has been using the same wallet, I think for a couple years. It's Fossil brand and is leather. Before that he used a leather Calvin Klein one his aunt bought him.

I have an 11 year old and he's still using the velco wallet, but he really only keeps it in his room or in my purse. The only time it's in his pocket is if he goes out with a friend and friend's family on vacation or to an arcade type place.

:lmao:

I am thinking of buying my son a wallet for his middle school graduation. He will need to carry his school id and transportation card and some $$ for lunch/ snacks. I am thinking of filling it with some gift cards to different stores to purchase some new cloths for school - will check out American eagle - any other suggestions?

I think that's a great idea! I don't know his taste, but Hot Topic has some fun tshirts, etc. What is popular here is Polo brand (Macy's, etc), Abercrombie :-)(), Hollister and Fossil and Buckle (but the last two more for high schoolers and college students). Target also has some cool clothes, for a good price.

I'd also add a couple for his favorite quick bite places. My boys both love getting Subway cards.

Not a teen boy anymore, but when I was I carried a money clip with a card holder as the back of it. It fit in my front pocket and was more comfortable sitting in class with a wallet in the back poket and was harder to loose.

I still carry the same kind today many years later.

That is what my DH has. Fits one credit care, his license, and his cash.

My ds15 likes to wear surf/skate brands like element and ***********. He bought his own wallet at the element store at Universal Citywalk. It's black cloth velcro with the logo on the front.

Honestly, I think leather wallets are too old fogey for a teen.

My ds15 likes to wear surf/skate brands like element and ***********. He bought his own wallet at the element store at Universal Citywalk. It's black cloth velcro with the logo on the front.

Why did it blank out the surf brand that starts with a Q?

I think it depends on their style. If they like skate stuff, they'd naturally want something more casual. If they like to wear polos and khakis, etc, they'd probably want leather. Nothing wrong with either style.

I wouldn't dream of telling my DS what type of wallet he had to carry. I can only imagine how well that would go over if I was telling a teen girl what kind of purse to carry!

My DS carries a Rawlings Red Label leather wallet. He loves it and his friends must as well considering the number of calls I've gotten from moms about where I bought it.

Not all leather wallets say "old fogey" or grandpa.

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter