• Controversial Topics Several months ago I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in opt-out. Click Here

Does your wardrobe match your ADRs?

DISNEY1975

DIS Veteran
Am I the only one who dresses the family to match the theme of the restaurants for great photos?

If you do too, show me your pictures :)

Mickeys BBQ

Chefs de France

1900 Park Fare

Cape May

Spirit of Aloha

Chef Mickeys

Tusker House

Ohana

Crystal Palace

Last edited:
I'm not sure we've ever dressed for the meal, except anywhere at the Poly. I have a lovely tropical themed shirt with the 5 on it that gets worn to most meals there. DH bought it there, but (happily for me) it shrunk a bit ;) and he got a different one on the next trip.
Oh yes -- DH has an Eeyore shirt that he wore to CP - Eeyore was as delighted as a sad donkey can be.

On the other hand, dressing for the Park of the Day and the likely character interactions therein have happened often. I think I need to go shopping :scratchin

I plan on dressing to match at the Story Book Dining at Artist Point with Snow White, if I can snag the ADR that is. I probably will for Chef Mickey’s, Akershus, and SWGE too, but probably not at Crystal Palace or Homecomin’ (not sure how I would even do that).

I plan on dressing to match at the Story Book Dining at Artist Point with Snow White,
I bought this shirt for my DD for our upcoming trip. We have an ADR at AP and she will probably wear it. Its really for the MNSSHP. She will be Evie from Descendants :) I bought a blue skater skirt to go with it.

Good luck with your ADR. Hope you get it .

Adorable! I would dress my husband and son up, but they said no. Ha! So, I bought them red and black polo shirts to at least coordinate with me at the Snow White dinner. They are willing to wear Mickey and Star Wars shirts on those days, though.

I plan on dressing to match ...but probably not at Crystal Palace or Homecomin’ (not sure how I would even do that).

For Crystal Palace, anything Pooh themed, or colour-match your favorite Hundred Acred Wood dweller.
Piglet pink, Eeyore grey-blue, Tigger orange stripey, Pooh gold & red...

We did some dressing to match, but to generally match the plan for the day. Some days, that meant matching meals. Others, it was characters or rides we were meeting. For instance, on our CRT day, we were also meeting Rapunzel (my middle's favorite) so while we were all in princess attire (hubby has a prince t-shirt), she matched her princess at the greet, not the meal. Similarly, when we did Bon Voyage, two of my girls matched Ariel and Rapunzel and my third was in her Elsa dress. I wasn't bringing clothes for a family of 5 to do costume changes, so we picked something and went with it for the whole day.

Ow2gpXKm.jpg

RPjZzuLm.jpg

87JgAUVm.jpg

zuAKr1Xm.jpg

SpIgO8pm.jpg

We did some dressing to match, but to generally match the plan for the day. Some days, that meant matching meals. Others, it was characters or rides we were meeting. For instance, on our CRT day, we were also meeting Rapunzel (my middle's favorite) so while we were all in princess attire (hubby has a prince t-shirt), she matched her princess at the greet, not the meal. Similarly, when we did Bon Voyage, two of my girls matched Ariel and Rapunzel and my third was in her Elsa dress. I wasn't bringing clothes for a family of 5 to do costume changes, so we picked something and went with it for the whole day.

Ow2gpXKm.jpg

RPjZzuLm.jpg

87JgAUVm.jpg

zuAKr1Xm.jpg

SpIgO8pm.jpg
Soooooo adorable!!! I love all of them!

I try to dress them by Park. I did buy myself an Evil Queen tank for Artist Point. I'm going to try to get her to sign my copy of Fairest of All. Those books are authorized by Disney and carry their imprint so I'm hopeful.

I tried to dress DS for something we would do that day,either a park, character or something to do with dining. The first day we went to DS and had an ADR at T-Rex so a dino shirt for him. Day 2-our main park was Animal Kingdom and DS was really into snakes and was excited to go to Rafiki's Planet to see the snakes there so he had a snake shirt. Day 3 our main park was Magic Kingdom so we went with his Mickey shirt...even though we did not meet Mickey that day....we met him a few nights before at Chef Mickey's. Day 4 we went to Star Wars fireworks in HS so DS wore his Chewy shirt (although this was a bad choice though because most of the day we were in Epcot and met Chewy later that week) Day 5 we went to the Halloween Party and DS dressed as Vader. Day 6 was Hollywood Studios and DS dressed in his Millennium Falcon shirt. Day 7 was our departure day and we had breakfast at O'hana and he wore a tropical shirt.
We park hopped and stayed out for most of the day so we weren't changing clothes.

I usually match my outfit and Mickey ears to the park we're visiting. And I've matched with restaurants before, like tropical floral for Ohana and something earthy/tribal/flowy for Sanaa.

I make custom tshirts so I'll make and wear a Happily Ever After shirt for the MK dessert party and Star Wars shirts for the family for the Star Wars Dessert party. And DEFINITELY for the MNSSHP! I've made and worn (along with my family of all adults now!) various Star Wars shirts, Epcot shirts with WallE and Eva, the Inside Out crew, Captain Jack for one of my adult daughters for MK, Flynn Ryder for SIL, Beauty and Beast shirts for DD and SIL, a "Seniorella" for my youngest when she graduated HS and we had a Disney trip planned, and probably more that I'm not remembering off the top of my head.

We got picked for Grand Marshals in 2012 because my husband custom made an "Its my Birthday" tshirt for our son and a castmember commented in it, which led to a lovely conversation.In 2006, dd had an Alice shirt that Alice at Park Faire loved.I organize all of our shirts for the 4 of us (kids now college aged)and theyre mostly custom,along with ears I make.I have awesome ears for Tusker House in November!

If I'm going to the Crystal Palace I try to wear an Eeyore shirt. My BIL has very specific shirts he wears for Kona Cafe and Animal Kingdom Lodge restaurants.

Sort of...

The kids wear themed clothing depending on which park we are in and DD dresses up for character meals. At 1900 PF, specifically, DD will wear a princess gown and DS will wear a dressy polo shirt (I usually buy him one with a diagonal stripe that looks a little like a prince sash).

We typically match what we're going to do that day, which usually includes an ADR but not always. I thought I was the only crazy one!
IMG_1629.PNG
Minnie and Friends Breakfast at the Plaza!

IMG_1632.PNG
This was our Frozen day. We went to see the show at the Hyperion and then met the characters.

IMG_1635.jpg
Star Wars day. We met the characters and my son did the Jedi training.

IMG_1636.jpg
Ariel's Grotto for breakfast. Then the ride later.

IMG_1638.jpg
Stitch is my daughter's favorite character, so we finally made it to Ohanas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter