• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Doggone Question!!!

Tense

Mouseketeer
Please can anyone tell me about the dog policy at the HRH. I understand dogs are welcome, and I too own a dog, BUT I'm allergic to dogs with fur(sounds funny huh... certain breeds actually have hair like humans rather then fur) sooo If I stay at the hotel do they have specific rooms for dogs? And these animals can be left ALL day in the room...wouldn't barking and bodily functions present a problem to guests? And if dogs are allowed at the hotel, up to what size... my DH is deathly afraid of anything larger than..well a mouse! He's been bite like 15 times ,so having dogs around would just kill the vacation for him.Can anyone help? Thanks!

I'm glad someone brought this up! My DH is highly allergic to dogs. I think our room had one it it not long before we were there, it smelled funny! Plus he was stuffed up all night & we were going to try & change rooms the next day but he had to leave any way. I saw dogs every where! Large & small every floor. Dalmations, poodles & others. On my floor as I was walking out each day I heard this one dog barking every time someone walked by. Then later in the day there was a lady in the hall arguing with a dog owner that the dog work her up early in the morning! I really can't understand why they don't have designated rooms for pets! The last time I stayed at HRH I didn't notice any dogs but it will make me think twice about staying there again.

On our last visit, late August, we never saw any dogs......I would hate to be in a room that recently had housed a dog, I would sneeze all day and night.

Patty

Today I called about their dog AND cat policy. They DO NOT have seperate rooms or floors for dogs and cats!! Yuck....and double yuck. So I'm rethinking my stay there because of allergies. EVEN if the room I get NEVER had a dog or cat, that doesn't mean I won't see or smell them in the halls,elevators..etc...They allow the animals to stay in the rooms alone during the day and night. Well, I'm sorry but a dog in unfamilar surroundings will bark, urinate or worse. They said they offer dog walking services, but not all dogs GO on command. I'm so surprised the hotel does this. I'm very uncomfortable around large dogs, and I won't be happy if I have to share an elevator with Marmaduke! Ok.. what about fleas..ticks...worms...ringworm,dander,and hairballs! Am I overreacting here? But if I wanted to be around animals I would have booked a room a my local ASPCA! I like Dogs don't get me wrong, I just don't want to vacation with them!:pinkbounc

You may be overreacting, like I stated on my previous post, we never saw any dogs...and would have been sneezing my head off if the previous guest in our room had a dog in there.

I wouldnt be too worried about it.

Patty

we stayed there in november for 3 dad we had 2 connecting rooms never saw or smelled a doggy smell the whole time we were there. We were on the 4th floor I don't know if that makes a difference.

CPM and I saw two beautiful dogs last Thursday in the lobby. Though I'm a BIG pet advocate I'm quite surprised that the hotel does not have a separate room policy for them. It's like smoking and non, I would think that this can cause a health problem.

not because of the dogs, but because of the great club level rate at RP, but I think that they should have designated areas for guests with pets.

I recently just found out that I'm allergic to cats. I never was and owned cats all while growing up. It was strangest experience. I went over to a friend with a cat and I started wheezing (really bad). It felt like I was going to have a heartattack. It was terrible. So for people that may be extra sensitive to pet hairs and dander?? they really should confine pets to a certain area.

zippehsmom:)

Hi..I called and spoke to a 2nd res. girl. She told me that they Do confine the Dogs to certain rooms. But now I don't know who to believe....Does anyone have experience with this?

Originally posted by Tense
Hi..I called and spoke to a 2nd res. girl. She told me that they Do confine the Dogs to certain rooms. But now I don't know who to believe....Does anyone have experience with this?

Well, I find that hard to believe because while I was there I saw those doggie do not disturb tags scattered throughout the floor, and i noticed some of the people with dogs getting off different floors in the elevator. I think that the main floor (3) would be a perfect floor designated for dogs since they wouldn't even have to use the elevator.

I stayed at HRH 3 times last year and never once saw any pets.

Just smell your room when you get it. If it smells like a vet's office, call down and ask for a new room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter