Dole Whip - Adult version. How could I forget this!

pearljammer

DIS Veteran
Okay, now I’ve been coming to these boards as needed, obviously as we near either a WDW or a DCL trip. Well, I have always read about the Dole Whips. Now I’d seen them being sold at the parks but had not purchased one. On my recent Magic Cruise, I saw they were selling these with or without various rums.

So, after sampling a taste of the dole whip (didn’t want to spend the money on one if I didn’t like it), I was all in. First purchase. Dole whip with the vanilla rum added please. Well, they pour the rum in the bottom of the glass and the dole whip on top. Insert straw. Voila. THere you go. Now, I thought it would come mixed together! Let me just say, that poor straw AND my arm got a workout trying to mix in the rum. My first sip was pure rum and whew.... mixed some more. Got a spoon. Mixed some more. It just wasn’t easy to get that to mix without the rum going to the bottom!

Second purchase - Dole whip with just dark myers rum except this time, I asked them to BLEND it. Yup. Now I don’t know why they don‘t do this anyway. But THAT was more like it. Perfecto!!!

For me, the extra costs of the “vanilla” rum wasn’t worth it to me as I didn’t taste the difference in the vanilla rum vs the Myers dark and the latter was $2.00 less.

Let me just say, that was ONE tasty drink and it went down much faster than hubby’s beer. *wink*

I had a few of these and hung out by satellite falls last week and they were delicious.

Just for reference, the dole whips on the ship are completely different from those in the parks. The ship is more like a slushy, whereas the one in the park has the texture of soft serve. I wish I could enjoy the one on the ship, but it's just not the same :(

I enjoy one while on the ship. They are different from the land based version, but tasty. The dark rum is the best!

Dole Whip is one aspect of DCL that it seems is better for us than most other cruisers because we've never been to the parks...if you're not expecting it to be something else, it's satisfying.

I also like the ones on the ships. I like them with the spiced rum.(glad to hear you can get them to mix it for you, otherwise o_O) I've never had the ones in the parks. I don't like soft serve ice cream, so I wouldn't like those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter