Dole Whip Mobile Order at Aloha Isle FYI

Beachyrock

Mouseketeer
Just a heads-up. If you want to mobile order a Dole Whip or anything else from Aloha Isle in MK in the late afternoon, place your order very far in advance, and hit "I'm here, prepare my order," as soon as your order window opens up. We placed an order around 4:45 for a 5:10-5:40 pickup window. We got the order ready "purple screen" at 5:32 then had to wait in the mobile order pickup line for another 10 minutes. It was a madhouse of people waiting and staring at their phones for like 45 minutes, not fun. The "standby line" wasn't moving very fast either. We used mobile order for all of our breakfasts and lunches during our trip, and Aloha Isle was by far the craziest and longest wait of any place we ate. One of the CMs manning the mobile order pickup line told us it is always like that between 3-6 pm in the afternoon.

10 minute wait wasn’t unusual. I had a 40 minute wait AFTER hitting the “I’m here” button at Mara yesterday evening for an order of 2 fries! Things are crazy! I like mobile order, but dang, something isn’t going well in the food joints when this is the norm.

With Dole whips, it seemed like they didn't even make them until you got to the counter no matter what. "Your order is ready" seems to mean "you can now line up at a window". That's why the pickup line takes so long.
Yep, exactly!! Which does make sense given the melt factor. I don't think it's as bad at other times of day. So maybe if you have your heart set on a Dole Whip try to go earlier in the day?!?!

Yeah I was there last Monday, and waited 35 minutes before I got the Your order is ready screen.

Was not as bad the week before, was maybe 10 minutes. It's just so busy at MK right now.

In January we hit im hear sat for about 15 minutes it never turned purple my sister went up to check and the cm told her oh you ONLY waited 15 mins it will be AT LEAST another 10…. About a half hour later we finally got our dole whips….

planning a MK day in April and pondering weather to take a midday break at Polly for a dole whip or try the seasonal dwarf cone at storybook treats since I don’t want to deal with the aloha isle madness and sunshine seasons discontinued the citrus swirl

When I went in November I had a rather easy mobile order experience, was up in a few minutes and I didn’t have to wait in the line. Sucks to hear that isn’t the case anymore.

It’s the one place I do not recommend Mobile Order. Did Mobile Order twice December and late February. Waited 20-30 minutes. Did regular line last week and waited 10 minutes.

Just wanted to see if anyone has more recent experiences with mobile order vs stand by line at Aloha Island? I keep hearing that mobile order is a PITA, but does anyone know if the stand by line moves better?

Thank you so much!

Just wanted to see if anyone has more recent experiences with mobile order vs stand by line at Aloha Island? I keep hearing that mobile order is a PITA, but does anyone know if the stand by line moves better?

Thank you so much!
It was a madhouse afternoon of April 3- a long line and throngs of people around the mobile order area who had clicked "I'm Here" but were waiting for the purple screen so they could be sent to a line at pickup. Luckily there was a rainstorm on our second MK day and I hopped in a very short line right after the heaviest rain moved through. The coconut cup was delicious standing in the covered Tiki Bird queue area!

ETA- Our mobile order experiences were generally positive. Satu'li Canteen was especially easy as was Friar's Nook (cold brew coffee and cinnamon doughnut holes quick and yummy!). Twice we mobile ordered treats from Karmell Kuche to pick up when we were preparing to leave Epcot. We also mobile ordered at Columbia Harbor House, Pecos Bill's, Ronto Roasters and Backlot Express.

Last edited:
It was a madhouse afternoon of April 3- a long line and throngs of people around the mobile order area who had clicked "I'm Here" but were waiting for the purple screen so they could be sent to a line at pickup. Luckily there was a rainstorm on our second MK day and I hopped in a very short line right after the heaviest rain moved through. The coconut cup was delicious standing in the covered Tiki Bird queue area!
The days you did it, did you use standby or mobile order? (Sorry, I just wasn’t quite sure from the description). Would you recommend playing it by ear, or one vs the other?

We’re familiar with mobile ordering elsewhere in Disney and generally have good experiences with it, but have heard lots of negative comments about doing it here.

ETA: Thank you!

The days you did it, did you use standby or mobile order? (Sorry, I just wasn’t quite sure from the description). Would you recommend playing it by ear, or one vs the other?

We’re familiar with mobile ordering elsewhere in Disney and generally have good experiences with it, but have heard lots of negative comments about doing it here.

ETA: Thank you!

The first day I had mobile ordered and, after waiting in the hot sun for ten minutes with no progress, asked the mobile order cm to cancel my order (after hearing several other folks give up and do the same). I don't know how fast the regular line would have taken...but it looked long. When we went back on our second MK day post rainstorm, we got in the regular line (about three groups long) and we had our order within a couple of minutes of arriving.

ETA - its a personal decision for sure, but when I see that many people at Aloha Isle in the future I will walk on by and look again another time.

Thank you so much!
4/1 I decided to order just cause I had time to kill and it was maybe 5-10 minutes between placing the order and eating my "Crooning Flower" Float

The Mint Julep Bar at DL is the same way. In March I scheduled an order ahead of time & ended up having to wait in line behind everyone who was doing walk-up even though I had a scheduled window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter