Dole Whip

bluenoser3652001

Mouseketeer
Could anyone tell me what is a Dole Whip, I have heard it mention on the boards all the time, and also where exactly do you find them?
thanks

They are a whipped pineapple ice creamy type dessert, I myself don't care for them. A lot of people love them.
You get them at the Aloha Isle across from the Swiss Family Tree House in MK.

dole_whip.jpg

It took me a while to figure out that the vanilla soft serve with the pineapple juice and the chunks of pineapple was not a real Dole Whip (no matter what the people who work in the Aloha Isle try to tell you)(smile). A Dole Whip is yellow, pineapple soft-serve. It is tart and not super sweet and my spouse and I find it to be very refreshing on a hot day. The first time we ordered it we got vanilla flavored soft serve with pinapple juice and pinapple pieces and we thought it was awful. Then friends told us that we hadn't gotten a real Dole Whip and we tried again and loved it. But the people who work there will try to foist off the vanilla flavored soft serve with the pinapple when they run out of the pineapple flavored soft serve so you have to be careful.

Hope this helps!

Originally posted by Figaro
It took me a while to figure out that the vanilla soft serve with the pineapple juice and the chunks of pineapple was not a real Dole Whip (no matter what the people who work in the Aloha Isle try to tell you)(smile). A Dole Whip is yellow, pineapple soft-serve. It is tart and not super sweet and my spouse and I find it to be very refreshing on a hot day. The first time we ordered it we got vanilla flavored soft serve with pinapple juice and pinapple pieces and we thought it was awful. Then friends told us that we hadn't gotten a real Dole Whip and we tried again and loved it. But the people who work there will try to foist off the vanilla flavored soft serve with the pinapple when they run out of the pineapple flavored soft serve so you have to be careful.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Figaro, I'll have to look out for that and make sure I get the right one. When you order it what do you ask for to make sure you DO get the right one? Thanks again

Hi, bluenoser3652001!

Asking for a Dole Whip won't necessarily get you a Dole Whip if they are out of them. Which is very frustrating to stand in line and have them make a vanilla soft serve and cover it with pineapple juice and pineapple pieces and try to tell you that yes, it IS a Dole Whip(sigh). Now I know that the Dole Whip is yellow colored soft serve and I check to make sure they have it. What I have done at times is ask for the pineapple flavored soft serve and they will usually then tell me if they are out of it or not.

So, my best advice is to look for the yellow soft serve and if they give you anything that isn't that completely yellow color (like white soft serve)(smile), then turn it down and try again later on.

Hope this helps! We were very disappointed in what we thought was a Dole Whip as I don't care for the combination of vanilla soft serve and pineapple juice/pieces. But we loved the real thing as it was tart and not too sweet. It is a must do on our visits to the Magic Kingdom now.

Another advantage of the real dole whip is that it is non-dairy (for those of us who are lactose-intolerant).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter