Dolphin/Hotwire/MDE/Fastpass question

maxiesmom

The Mean Squinty Eye Works
I'm hoping someone can clear this up for me. I have booked the Dolphin thru Hotwire. I needed to add another guest, so I called and they added them. However that person does not show up on the reservation in My Disney Experience. I called Hotwire again, and they confirmed that the Dophin does show the additional guest on the reservation.

The guest I added to the Dolphin currently has a reservation at the All Star Sports. Is it ok to go ahead and cancel that reservation, being sure they will still keep all the Fast Passes I have booked? Or should I wait until we are less than 30 days out from the trip to be safe?

TIA!!!!:wave:

i would keep the reservation for as long as you can without incurring the fee. third party companies make me nervous - you get one person saying one thing, and you check in and its something else.

How long has it been since they added the extra person? Sometimes MDE takes a LONG TIME to update, like a day or more. Not to mention there's all the IT mess that is going on right now...
I'd keep the other reservation just to be safe though.

How long has it been since they added the extra person? Sometimes MDE takes a LONG TIME to update, like a day or more. Not to mention there's all the IT mess that is going on right now...
I'd keep the other reservation just to be safe though.

It has been 2 weeks. I called Hotwire today, and they call the Dolphin, who said that he was listed on the reservation.

It has been 2 weeks. I called Hotwire today, and they call the Dolphin, who said that he was listed on the reservation.
Yikes! That is a long time.
I think it is worth contacting disney directly to see what they see. Even if on paper they are on your reservation, it means nothing if they don't show up in MDE :worried:

I'm hoping someone can clear this up for me. I have booked the Dolphin thru Hotwire. I needed to add another guest, so I called and they added them. However that person does not show up on the reservation in My Disney Experience. I called Hotwire again, and they confirmed that the Dophin does show the additional guest on the reservation.

The guest I added to the Dolphin currently has a reservation at the All Star Sports. Is it ok to go ahead and cancel that reservation, being sure they will still keep all the Fast Passes I have booked? Or should I wait until we are less than 30 days out from the trip to be safe?

TIA!!!!:wave:

So long as that person has proper ticket media associated with their MDE account, their FPs will be fine if you cancel the ASports reservation. :thumbsup2

It's cancelling a package booking where you need to worry about losing FPs since you're cancelling the ticket media that's needed to "keep" FPs. FPs need park tickets to exist. In that circumstance, Disney gives you a grace period of around a day to replace the ticket media - FPs aren't immediately cancelled.

But if it's a room only reservation and separately purchased tickets, then no worries.

Hope that answers your question.

Yikes! That is a long time.
I think it is worth contacting disney directly to see what they see. Even if on paper they are on your reservation, it means nothing if they don't show up in MDE :worried:
WHY? The Dolphin is not Disney owned. They know nothing about a Dolphin reservation.
And I have to ask- since when is a day a “ long time” ?

WHY? The Dolphin is not Disney owned. They know nothing about a Dolphin reservation.

But they do own MDE which is all important when it comes to making FP+. WDW Tech Support were the only people able to assist when I had the same issue with a Swan reservation.

According to @maxiesmom it's been 2 weeks which I agree is a long time for MDE to be updated.

According to @maxiesmom it's been 2 weeks which I agree is a long time for MDE to be updated.
I do too.
It was a “tongue in cheek” question. I think it is an age thing. I’m old A day is not a “ Long time” to me. To younger folk raised in the new world I guess it is.

Maybe for other things a day isn't long, but for a disney hotel reservation where it is critical that MDE be up to date so that you can plan... I think it is long.
But maybe that's just me :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter