Dolphin Swim in Cozumel - have a few questions please

LOVETHATMOUSE

DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>*~*Some LOVE from
We are going to book the Dolphin Encounter in Cozumel tomorrow am for our 12/6 cruise. I have a few questions for those who have done this. Here goes :scratchin :

1) I want to actually do the dolphin swim, but know Disney doesn't offer it, so I will have to book it directly with the Co. If anyone has done it, what is the difference b/t the Swim Adventure and the Royal Swim ?

2) Are the swims that much better than the Encounters?

3) We have 6 people in our group that want to do this - can we get our own group?

4) If we book this directly with the company, what is the time to book (I heard the time is different on the boat and the island). We want to do the first available one of the day.

5) Are we going to be in all the videos or just the royal swim one?

Thanks for the help!
::MickeyMo

We did the dolphin swim in june and loved it
we booked it from the company and bought the video it wasn't a problem for us to buy the video because there were 5 of us.
The video was amazing its just the people who were in your group in the video and they personalize it too.

They only take 8 people in the group so u may only have one or two more people depending on how its booked.

I think the swims were alot better from the encounters
when we were in the store looking at their pictures people were mad because they thought they had gotten ripped off since they didn't get to "swim with the dolphins.

I dont kno the exact times to book but on the website they should have it I'll try to find the web site for you soon

Hope THis Helps
Kari

I say definately go for the swim! We did the swim in February, and it is so worth it. We booked the 2:00 swim, but I think they give the times on their website. We took a cab over, had time to walk around the park, do our swim, took a cab back, and shopped Cozumel. Beware of the taxi drivers, they go really fast! I believe it is the Royal swim we did, at the time they didn't have those fancy names. We bought the pictures, they were having technical problems with the video, and we didn't want to wait. Also, there was only 2 of us, so there would have been 6 strangers in our video. From what I could see, the encounter, you stand on a platform and they have the dolphins come up to you. The swim is amazing, you actually get in the water and do the dorsal tow, the foot push, and a couple of other things. If you can swing the $119 per person, it is an experience of a lifetime!

Robin ºOº

We did the swim in February and it was a blast! We booked directly with dolphindiscovery.com. We chose the 2 pm swim, it gave us plenty of time to explore the park, see the sea lion show and also plenty of time to go out and snorkel on our own.
The swim was an amazing experience, I would definitely recommend it over the encounter.

Judy:jester:

We just did this in September. Very pleased with it, one of the highlights of our cruise. We booked the later one (3:30 last swim of the day). We had five dolphins to swim with, lots of fun.

Just me and dh, four other people we didnt know. Bought the video (49.99). Had lots of time in the water with the dolphins.

This was so worth the money, and we are going to do it again in June with the kiddos.

Easy taxi ride to the park (10 dollars fare). You must buy park admission (10 bucks each) in addition to the 119 cost for the swim.

The people who do the encounter just stand on a platform in the water. Big difference between that and the royal swim.

You will have an incredible time.

I already booked the 2:00 p.m. Royal Swim with Dolphin Discovery for next August. My DD 11 has been dying to swim with the dolphins and I wanted to make sure we got in. We are going to surprise her with it. Booked it right on line, very easy. They do charge your credit card immediately, but figure it is another thing paid off before we get there!!

I just booked the excursion through Disney JUST IN CASE I couldn't get into the swim. At least we will get contact with the dolphins incase the swims are sold out. I have to wait a couple more weeks (money situation) before I can directly book the royal swim (we figured what the heck, go for broke!). I just hope it's not too late.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter