Dolphin, YC or GF???

Boo Boo Too

DIS Veteran
Hi

I want to book 5 nights in Orlando for this August (flying into Miami, 7 night cruise from Fort Lauderdale and a couple of nights in Miami before flying home to the UK).

Staying on-site is a must. We stayed at the Swan before (couple of years ago) and really enjoyed it. I have narrowed this year's selection down to:
- Dolphin (stayed at the Swan, looked around the Dolphin, nice pool, great location).
- YC (had a quick walk around, great looking pool, great EPCOT location, boats to EPCOT).
- GF (seen it from the monorail, its on the monorail, heard good things about it, supposed to be the WDW flagship hotel...).

We would stay in a water view room with balcony at the Dolphin or probably a water view room at the YC or GF.

Dolphin and YC seem comparable price-wise (according to my best quotes), GF is a little more.

Husband is very keen to go for Dolphin ("Mr Unadventurous" - "Been there, know it is nice"), but I am keen to try something new ("Mrs Adventurous" - "You don't know what you are missing until you have tried it...").

Can anyone give me opinions comparing these results. Is a real Disney Resort better than the Dolphin (have never stayed in a Disney Resort before, but did a 7 night Disney Magic cruise 2 years ago)? Is the GF worth the extra money over YC or Dolphin?

Any thoughts welcome (and my apologies if this question has been asked before).

Boo

:bounce:

The Grand Floridian just does not compare to the other two! It is a truly wonderful and magical resort, many rooms look across the lagoon at Cinderella's Castle! They also have "themed rooms" some include an "Alice in Wonderland" theme (it is very nice!!).

The GF is an EXCELLENT resort! ;)

The Grand F. is just that...GRAND! I love the Dolphin, and spend most of our WDW time at that resort. The YC is also great, and I've stayed there twice since it opened. Is there a chance you could try more than one resort? Say, the Dolphin for the DH...and the Grand Floridian for YOU? This is a nice way to be diplomatic, and try different resorts simultaneously! :D

All the resorts you mentioned are magical in their own special way, but the G.F. is the Grand Dame of WDW...and is truly magical! Enjoy your trip...it sounds like a real adventure! :)

I would vote for YC, just because it has the great location (that your husband is comfortable with), but also a great pool. The only advantage to the GF is the monorail. I would honestly decide based on what park you want to be most convenient to. You can walk or take a boat to MGM and Epcot at the YC, or take the monorail to MK or Epcot at the GF.

Boo,

The GF IS a wonderful resort. I must admit, in the past I hadn't been interested it it, due to the fact that it's theming was 'English' and I'm from England. Who needs to travel 4000+ miles to go to an English hotel? However, I have to say I was impressed with the resort nevertheless and would be more than happy to stay there - the monorail is a big plus too :)

However, if I had to choose between the GF and the Y&BC, then I'd go for the latter. A wonderful resort, a fab pool and walking distance to TWO parks...location, location, location :)

The Dolphin is a fab hotel in it's own right too. I stayed there last year and am going back for a repeat visit this year :) It's not quite the same as staying in a Disney Resort though, and a big benefit of a Disney hotel is you can charge purchases from all over WDW to your room which you can't at the Dolphin.

Penny :)

I've stayed at all three and I would go with the Yacht Club because of its location. If you have small children then I might go with GF, but otherwise it is less conveniently located for 2 adults.

I would stay at the YC!!! I have stayed at both the GF (4 times) and the YC (2 times) and the location and convenience of the YC is the best! plus storm a long bay is incredible, and the service is awesome too!!! and I love the theming!
the GF is an awesome resort also! the theming is incredible, the serivce is first rate, and it is a gorgeous resort!
but from what you said, I believe you would enjoy the YC more!
there is more to do over there a the epcot resorts, and it is definatley more convenient!

Laura :)

23 days til WDW!!! :) Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! :) :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter