dolphins

dancechick99

Earning My Ears
I have to ask this for the kids. They want to know if we are going to see dolphins swimming around the ship as we are moving? This seems to be the only thing they are looking forward to. Wait till they see the ship!!!

I have in the past, but its not a sure thing, you can also see flying fish coming off the wake as well.

One of your best chances to see them is during the departure from Port Canaveral in the channel out to sea and just as you get to the end of the channel. They are very common in the Indian/Banana River waters so keep an eye out the whole time you are waiting to depart. On our 6 cruises, we have seen them three times as we were leaving port. On one of the departures, there were three dolphins swimming in front of the ship just as we left the channel. They crossed right in front of the ship. Looked like it had been orchestrated by Disney. I looked to see if they were connected to some underwater Animatronics, but they were real!

We saw them once on a sea day...they were far off the side of the ship but we happened to be gazing out to sea at the right time...there was a pod of about 15 of them..really awesome!!!

Never got to see them in Port Canaveral on 7 cruises....always heard you could, but I think it is the luck of the draw!!

We see flying fish on every cruise...we usually see them by looking out the big porthole windows in the hallway along the Promende Lounge on Deck 3.

MJ

We've seen lots of flying fish, all you need to do is look at the edge of the bow wake and you'll see them zipping away, they use it to launch themselves.

Also, leaving the channel, on a good day, look straight down! You'll see stingrays for sure, they hang out at the end where it meets the ocean.

Never seen other aquatic life ourselves, maybe this trip!

We saw them when we were leaving Castaway Cay. It was the coolest thing, mainly because it was the last night of the cruise and it was a beautiful sight! They were just jumping through the wake...but they didn't stay long.....only five minutes or so! :D

We left Port Canaveral late on our Feb. cruise and were at dinner but late dinner diners(that's a tongue twister) saw dolphins as we left the channel. On the 2nd sea day we did see a pod of whales which was very cool.

woody64

We saw them off the side of the Magic in January on the First day at Sea. They stayed with us for about 10 minutes. Fun to watch.

Hey woody64!

late dinner diners(that's a tongue twister) saw dolphins

Late dinner diners detected delightful dolphins during dusk dinner diners dinner...

A good reason to bring along a pair of binoculars...

On the March 8th Eastern, we saw them, right after the sail away party (from Port Canaveral) on the Left Side of the Ship (I can't remember starboard or whatever) in the front section. We were on Deck 9 beside the courts. There were about 25 of them and they were jumping in the wake of the boat.

I can't remember where we were, but it was out at sea, and there were two brown dolphins. Never saw anything like it again... they were beautiful - swimming along side the ship

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter