• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dolpihn swim

leahgmac

Earning My Ears
We went to Discovery Cove summer of 2002 we will be going back summer 2004. Has anyone ever done the dolphin swim there as well as somewhere else? I was looking into the program they have in Panama city Florida. I would like to do the best one. The one in Panama city is an hour and 15 min long you have a "class" about dolphin ect then a 30 min swim. I can't make up my mind.

I've done a dolphin swin in Israel as well as DC. Israel was cheaper, but didn't have as many other activities to do. The dolphin swim in Israel was longer, but any "interaction" was completely at the dolphins discretion, my ex's group had a good swim with a mother bringing her baby into the group to say hi (apparantly the first time this had happened) and they stayed for maybe 15-20 minutes, my group didn't have such a good swim as the dolphins were busy with each other and all we saw was them swimming past at great speed, in a less controlled environment that's the risk you take. For some people this may be their prefered way of doing it, but if you're on limited time and want to make sure you do get some interaction with the dolphins, the DC method is a safer bet. In my experience it is unusual for you to get more than 5 or 10 minutes "playing" with the dolphins no matter how long your "swim" is scheduled for. They tend to get bored with people after a while and go play with their own kind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter