Domestic Travel and Vaccination

vicious_pretty

Earning My Ears
Hi all! I'm so so excited I found this forum, I've been combing through all the great advice for my upcoming trip.

I just want to make sure of one thing. My husband and I will be traveling to Aulani from WA state in 3 weeks. We are vaccinated and boosted, I've signed up for safe travels for both of us and uploaded our vaccine cards. (QR code is showing as yellow.)

I just want to make sure we do NOT need to get COVID tested or have to quarantine upon arrival. Also, can anyone share their recent airport experiences?

Thanks so much y'all!

When we flew to HNL from JFK a few weeks ago, before boarding we needed to show our yellow QR codes, and photo IDs in order to get our wrist bands. We showed the QR codes on our iPhones, but had backup printed copies just in case.

Upon arrival there was nobody checking for wristbands...mine was under my shirt cuff and could not be seen by a casual observer. We left ours on until we arrived at our hotel on Maui.

You do NOT have to do any testing. Make sure you can access your Safe Travels account for check-in and carry your vaccine card and ID to eat off property.

Thanks so much! Yes, the vaccine card will be going everywhere I do. :) And I saw where screenshots of safe travels wasn't eligible for check in; I've got the website booked on my home screen.

My parents forgot their passwords for the website… but the CM was able to go look it up by their email addresses somehow. I didn’t realize we’d have to go to the website at check-in or I would’ve warned them.

When we flew to HNL from JFK a few weeks ago, before boarding we needed to show our yellow QR codes, and photo IDs in order to get our wrist bands. We showed the QR codes on our iPhones, but had backup printed copies just in case.

Upon arrival there was nobody checking for wristbands...mine was under my shirt cuff and could not be seen by a casual observer. We left ours on until we arrived at our hotel on Maui.
Thank you for this! My flight is at 8:30 am and I intend to get there two hours early, hopefully everything goes smoothly but I like to be prepared.

My parents forgot their passwords for the website… but the CM was able to go look it up by their email addresses somehow. I didn’t realize we’d have to go to the website at check-in or I would’ve warned them.
There's really no reason to have to access the website at checkin if you have access to the QR code. As previously mentioned, I printed ours in the event there was no internet access at the airport. Another option is to take a screenshot of the QR codes and save them as photos on your device...viewing photos that are on your device does not require internet access.

There's really no reason to have to access the website at checkin if you have access to the QR code. As previously mentioned, I printed ours in the event there was no internet access at the airport. Another option is to take a screenshot of the QR codes and save them as photos on your device...viewing photos that are on your device does not require internet access.

Not in our case… she wouldn’t just accept their QR code they had printed. There was something on there (the website) she needed to see. On mine, she had me show her the trip (dates, etc). Don’t know if this is standard or just her.

ETA… the airline/airport was fine with the QR, not Aulani.

Not in our case… she wouldn’t just accept their QR code they had printed. There was something on there (the website) she needed to see. On mine, she had me show her the trip (dates, etc). Don’t know if this is standard or just her.

Interesting... It was my understanding Safe Travels Hawai'i would not issue a QR code if all was not in order. Happy you all got through the process okay.

It wasn’t just you. I stayed at Aulani NYE and the CM checking me in required me to login to Safe Travels and show her my trip information. She said the QR code wasn’t sufficient. I’m not sure what Aulani is looking for, probably that you don’t need to quarantine. However, I stayed at two other properties during my trip, one in Waikiki and one on Maui, and neither of them asked for the information. The only thing I had to show them was my proof of vaccination.

However, I stayed at two other properties during my trip, one in Waikiki and one on Maui, and neither of them asked for the information.
Had you entered both your stays in Maui, Waikiki, and Ko Olina on the Hawai'i Safe Travels site? We're in Maui now...transferring over to O'ahu and Aulani on the 23rd. I've entered only the Maui stay along with the flight home from HNL on March 23rd on the site. Would you recommend I creat a second trip to include the O'ahu stay information?

Thanks for your insight on this...

Had you entered both your stays in Maui, Waikiki, and Ko Olina on the Hawai'i Safe Travels site? We're in Maui now...transferring over to O'ahu and Aulani on the 23rd. I've entered only the Maui stay along with the flight home from HNL on March 23rd on the site. Would you recommend I creat a second trip to include the O'ahu stay information?

Thanks for your insight on this...

The directions on the Safe Travels site for when I traveled (Dec. 17, 2021 - Jan. 1, 2022) were that you only needed to log the flight and hotel where you were first staying when you arrived in Hawaii. They specifically said that if you were island hopping, not to include your other flights and hotels. I stayed in Waikiki for a week, went to Maui for a week, and then went to Aulani. I only logged my flight into HNL and my Waikiki hotel. When I flew to Maui, I had to show my airline ticket form HNL to Maui and my ID before I could go to baggage claim. I also had to show my QR code before they would allow me to rent a car. When I returned to Oahu, I don’t remember if I had to show any documentation to get back in, but was prepared with my boarding pass and ID. Unless the requirements have changed, you don’t need to do another trip in Safe Travels. Just be prepared to log in to Safe Travels at Aulani so that they can verify your information.

The directions on the Safe Travels site for when I traveled (Dec. 17, 2021 - Jan. 1, 2022) were that you only needed to log the flight and hotel where you were first staying when you arrived in Hawaii.
Mahalo @abdgeek... What you're telling me makes perfect sense. I have all the documents you mentioned and should be good to go.

Can someone give me a little insight on the safe travels thing? I’ve created our profiles, entered our info, awaiting negative results to upload. QR CODE is generated, but of course shows red and ‘unscreened’ as expected. Our final leg to HNL is from Oakland. So will we do all our safe travels stuff at that airport? Or the airport from our city of residence?

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2022/...s-remaining-covid-restrictions-cases-decline/
Pretty significant news for those with upcoming travel plans to Aulani.

😃I am relieved. We are traveling in April and would have to test our 2 kids before traveling. I was a little stressed about getting the newly 5 year old tested. Was also stressed about what if we didn’t get the results back on time or the flight was delayed and test was no longer within 72 hours. This makes me much more relaxed.
I don’t mind mask mandates since I wear them at work anyway.

I am a little bummed that I booked Embassy Suites for our Waikiki portion vs the Royal Hawaiian but RH needed to be cancelled 3 days in advance which meant we wouldn’t have our tests done yet. Now its all sold out.

I know the week we are traveling after Easter will be very busy. Glad I booked everything a long time ago.

Just an update: I'm in WA state, we used the Common Pass app to verify our vaccination, and used travel code HAWAII. Then when we logged into Safe Travels instead of vaccine card exemption, there's one for Common Pass. Common Pass generated a code, which I put into Safe Travels, and now our QR code is green. We're flying out tomorrow and I am SO. EXCITED.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter