Domino's Pizza "carryout insurance"

bcla

On our rugged Eastern foothills.....
I thought it was a joke from this commercial, where a tree falls on a car, but the owner is more concerned with the state of the pizza. And then he slips on an icy walkway and flips the pizza.

It doesn't sound like they're charging extra for it, but if you manage to do something like drop it on the ground uneaten and return it, they'll give an exact replacement. So I suppose a dog attacking a dropped pizza will probably be a manager's call.

https://www.dominos.com/en/

Domino's Carryout Insurance program is only available to carryout customers who return their damaged order, uneaten, in its original packaging (inclusive of an order label or receipt) to the store from which it was originally purchased within at least two hours of the time of purchase. Damaged orders will be replaced with identical products and no substitutions will be permitted. This is a limited time offer and store participation may vary.​

Lol! I saw this too & was confused at first. Was this a real problem ppl were having?!

But only for a 'limited time'?? So now is the time to juggle your way through the parking lot...

Lol! I saw this too & was confused at first. Was this a real problem ppl were having?!

I think it's probably happened at least once, but I'm not sure this a problem that really needs a solution in the form of a national ad campaign. Obviously this is designed for the buzz from an interesting commercial more than anything else.

If I would have done anything, it would have been leaving a pizza box on the roof of my car. I've left a few things over the years on my car, including drink cups, water bottles, and even a bike helmet. And if that happened it's kind of risky trying to recover it on the street. Strike that, I was looking around and that's actually another commercial in this ad campaign.

Well at least he probably figured out that he lost it in the parking lot. But it wasn't truly damaged until another car ran over the box.

It's a novel idea, I applaud them for doing it. It's been over 20 years, but I spent 6 years working in the pizza business, 3 of them at Dominos. It wasn't often that we'd hear about stuff like this (maybe because the customer didn't bother calling or coming back in), but when it did I honestly would just "do the right thing" and give them another one anyway. I'm sure they'll get more returns, and yes, I'd bet it'll be a managers' call on the questionable ones. But I think it's great marketing.

I think this is a cute marketing thing. Can't imagine they'd charge extra for it as it's just part of customer service.

When I was little I accidentally licked my ice cream cone scoop off the cone & onto the ground. They just gave me another scoop, of course. No insurance needed.

I’ve dealt with little accidents before at a table service restaurant. Like when I knocked over my beer at a bar. Just reached out, slipped, and knocked it over on a table. Someone working there saw it, asked what it was, and I got a half glass of Guinness to replace it.

I suspect people have done stuff like this before, and it’s been taken care of quietly. There must be some pretty nasty looking results from drops. I don’t know if any store would really want it back if ants got on a pizza though.

When I was little I accidentally licked my ice cream cone scoop off the cone & onto the ground. They just gave me another scoop, of course. No insurance needed.
I think I did this every time as a little one. My mom always told them really pack it in the cone.

What is next shoe lace tying insurance......... come on folks life is not a video game there is no such thing as a reset button

I can pretty much guarantee that all of the mom and pop pizzas here would replace them for free.
Well, at least here there has been no stampede of pizza places offering replacement.
But I'm not sure any of the mom and pop pizza places ever consider Dominos a competitor. Mom and pops here get $25 for a large pizza, Dominos gets $8.

happens at Disney all the time... parents give kid a thing of popcorn and kids just drops the popcorn... of course parents isnt gonna buy another one right? haha.

its good policy i guess. im sure not a whole lot of ppl drop their pizzas... but i know it does happen once in awhile... happened to me once lol.

It's January!
Time for the major fast food chains to tempt you into breaking your eating New Year's resolution;).
I suspect Domino's "insurance" campaign fits right in there with the added bonus of still keeping some financial/be an adult resolution that might have been made.

I thought it was a joke from this commercial, where a tree falls on a car, but the owner is more concerned with the state of the pizza. And then he slips on an icy walkway and flips the pizza.

It doesn't sound like they're charging extra for it, but if you manage to do something like drop it on the ground uneaten and return it, they'll give an exact replacement. So I suppose a dog attacking a dropped pizza will probably be a manager's call.

https://www.dominos.com/en/

Domino's Carryout Insurance program is only available to carryout customers who return their damaged order, uneaten, in its original packaging (inclusive of an order label or receipt) to the store from which it was originally purchased within at least two hours of the time of purchase. Damaged orders will be replaced with identical products and no substitutions will be permitted. This is a limited time offer and store participation may vary.​
You get a receipt for your pizza? I never have.

You get a receipt for your pizza? I never have.

Each box gets a receipt on a pressure-sensitive label.

Still - you never know who's willing to replace something that's dropped. Yesterday I went to McDonald's with my kid. I have a cup of coffee on the tray while my kid pulled down on it to grab a Happy Meal toy. The coffee just goes to the ground and spills over the floor. The employees all see it and spring into action trying to find the "wet floor" cones and bring out a mop. But then they bring me another cup of coffee and tell me to toss the cup that hit the floor.

happens at Disney all the time... parents give kid a thing of popcorn and kids just drops the popcorn... of course parents isnt gonna buy another one right? haha.

Seen it at Disneyland when a kid popped a Mickey balloon on a tree. A CM saw it immediately and swooped in telling the kid that it would be replaced, that they should just go on the ride, and he's be at the exit waiting with a replacement.

Seen it at Disneyland when a kid popped a Mickey balloon on a tree. A CM saw it immediately and swooped in telling the kid that it would be replaced, that they should just go on the ride, and he's be at the exit waiting with a replacement.

hehe... i think the funniest is watching a lightning mcqueen balloon floating away when the balloon vendor fails to tie 2 balloon weights to it... :P

I guess it's really no different than the ice cream parlor replacing the ice cream cone that my child dropped on the floor when we were walking out the door.

And I was at my local pizzeria picking up a pizza one time when another guy tripped in the parking lot and dropped his pizza on the pavement, and they made him a new one free of charge. Most decent businesses will automatically do that if it happens on site. If it happens at home, well, tough luck.

They've taken it one step further with "Paving for Pizza". It sounds like they call up local governments and ask if they can help hire construction crews to fix potholes.

https://pavingforpizza.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter