• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Donald's Breakfastosaurus: Dissapointed

Fibbersfan

Earning My Ears
We completed our 18 night disney trip 09/01/2006. I was impressed with every restaurant we dined at with the exception of Donald's Breakfastosaurus. I would recommend this character buffet only if you are only going to Animal Kingdom. The characters were rushed when we were there and the food was very unimpressive(average buffet fair/simple food). The servers attempt to do there best to keep the kids happy (squirting cameras/ketchup bottles), but this place does not compare to other buffets. This place is large, so the characters often are out of view when making there rounds and the kids can become quite bored. All parties involved (characters/waiters) do their best to make this an enjoyable experience, but it just is not enough. I would highly recommend the Ohana and Chef Mickey character breakfasts. The food was better and characters were not as rushed. I was especially impressed with Ohana. Character were always in view in this very open room and had a lot of interaction with kids. Food was also good.

We liked Donald's breakfast. I thought the food was good. My kids aren't that much into the characters. It was enough character interaction for us as we just wanted to take a few pics. What kind of food is at Ohana's for breakfast. I looked at the menu and it lists eggs, bacon, potatoes, sausage, biscuits and fruit. Do they have waffles, pancakes, etc.? Might try this place next time.

ILVPOOH said:
We liked Donald's breakfast. I thought the food was good. My kids aren't that much into the characters. It was enough character interaction for us as we just wanted to take a few pics. What kind of food is at Ohana's for breakfast. I looked at the menu and it lists eggs, bacon, potatoes, sausage, biscuits and fruit. Do they have waffles, pancakes, etc.? Might try this place next time.

Yes they have Mickey waffles, don't know why Allears doesn't list them as this question comes up often
This is the big skillet of food they bring you.

88021november2005_149-med.jpg

Bacon,Sausage, Mickey Waffles, Eggs, and Potatoes.

We also had fresh fruit, and a yummys basket of sweet breads, juice and coffee or tea. If you want more, they will bring you more. It was great! :thumbsup2

We loved it! The food was brought to you, and it was fresh and hot (Not on a buffet all morning being picked over)

The characters were Lilo (in lobby taking pictures) & Stich and Mickey& Pluto. We had great character interaction with each character coming around twice.

Thanks for the picture, it looks good. I'll have to remember this place when we go back.

I'm sorry you didn't like Donalds, my sons can't wait to go. We just try to relax and eat the characters are a bonus.

We had breakfast there a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed it. The food selection was great. WE have a wonderful server and yes she got me with the ketcup squiter and got a kick out of that. I should have known better because it happened to my son at 50's Prime Time. At least you tried it. We ate at some different places again this trip and asked my family what ones they liked and don't care if they go to again for a while. It helps in planning next years trip. My sons said that next year they want to do the food planning. We shall see because every year I ask for imput and no one wants to take the time.

I didn't care for it either the last time we were there.

We were told to be patient and not to approach the characters b/c they will visit all the tables...we were patient and it happened that we were seated in the last area that the characters hit. The music that signals that the characters have to go started before the characters ever got to us!!! The CM seemed annoyed that my 3 1/2 year old wanted to see a character. That was the whole point of going to this way over priced breakfast! :sad2:

As for the food, standard buffet breakfast fare, we had to wait in a long line to even get our food...just alright.

I wouldn't do it again.

I ate at Donald's a few weeks ago and thought the food was good. I am trying Chef Mickey's next trip, but I must say that skillet from Ohanas looks pretty darn tempting. I like the idea of having the food come to me!

Max is my favorite cat! :love:

Fibbersfan said:
We completed our 18 night disney trip 09/01/2006. I was impressed with every restaurant we dined at with the exception of Donald's Breakfastosaurus. I would recommend this character buffet only if you are only going to Animal Kingdom. The characters were rushed when we were there and the food was very unimpressive(average buffet fair/simple food). The servers attempt to do there best to keep the kids happy (squirting cameras/ketchup bottles), but this place does not compare to other buffets. This place is large, so the characters often are out of view when making there rounds and the kids can become quite bored. All parties involved (characters/waiters) do their best to make this an enjoyable experience, but it just is not enough. I would highly recommend the Ohana and Chef Mickey character breakfasts. The food was better and characters were not as rushed. I was especially impressed with Ohana. Character were always in view in this very open room and had a lot of interaction with kids. Food was also good.
We didn't care for this one either.

Sorry you had a dissappointing time#

Breakfastsaurus was our 1st ever character meal so we really enjoyed

We didn't care for Donald's either when we went in May 2004. We have no desire to try it again either. The food was pretty bad!

18 nights in Disney?? Wow! You are SO lucky!! :thumbsup2

I just ate there on 09/06. It was pretty good. It wouldn't have been worth the cost without the Dining Plan. It was just my bf and myself, so having the characters not stop for too long was okay. But they would approach me sitting down, he would snap a picture and we only got a joint picture once with Mickey.

The breakfast was so so. The pancakes and french toast were good. There were no waffles though.

We just got back and I feel the same way about Donald's. My son couldn't wait to see Donald and he was so rushed. He grabbed the autograph book and took a picture and was gone. I also agree with the food. We love Cape May Character Breakfast. It's awesome food and the characters also spend alot of time with our kids.

What? No waffles? What's a character breakfast without waffles? I can get pancakes anywhere here but nothing beats a Mickey waffle at WDW.

I may have to re-think my reservation.

We ate there last week. Big buffet breakfast that was tasty. But the characters move at light-speed, and it is one of the few places that we felt really rushed to pack up and go. Service was good. But overall, we didn't feel that it was very special and won't be going back.

Thank you for the review!
If you forget about character interaction and focus on food how does it compare? is there an omelet station? Can you get eggs prepared in any other way than scrambled?

Thanks Again :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter