• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Donald's Breakfastosaurus: Dissapointed

Fibbersfan said:
We completed our 18 night disney trip 09/01/2006. I was impressed with every restaurant we dined at with the exception of Donald's Breakfastosaurus. I would recommend this character buffet only if you are only going to Animal Kingdom. The characters were rushed when we were there and the food was very unimpressive(average buffet fair/simple food). The servers attempt to do there best to keep the kids happy (squirting cameras/ketchup bottles), but this place does not compare to other buffets. This place is large, so the characters often are out of view when making there rounds and the kids can become quite bored. All parties involved (characters/waiters) do their best to make this an enjoyable experience, but it just is not enough. I would highly recommend the Ohana and Chef Mickey character breakfasts. The food was better and characters were not as rushed. I was especially impressed with Ohana. Character were always in view in this very open room and had a lot of interaction with kids. Food was also good.

would boma be a better choice? i was torn between that or donalds?

Thanks DisneyQueen! I've got an ADR for Nov. and after reading some of the posts I started to worry a little. My favorite meal is breakfast and My favorites at WDW have been the Crystal Palace and 1900 Park Fare. I thought I'd try Fresh at the Dolphin and DBF on this trip. In fact I was really looking forward to Donald's. My ADRs are are at the exact time I wanted. I was getting ready to cancel but As long as there's an Omelet station I think I'll be fine. Thanks again :)

We ate at Donald's in August and I didn't see an omelet station. The food was good though.

Allears says "omelets on request from server."

I am going for the chocolate chip pancakes. Waffles are not listed.

TDC Nala said:
Allears says "omelets on request from server."

I am going for the chocolate chip pancakes. Waffles are not listed.

They didn't offer us any omelets, so I guess you have to ask for them. My DH would have liked to have had an omelet. They should tell you about them.

We were there in August for my DD5 birthday, her favorite character is Donald and somehow he skipped our table. When we told the waiter he told the person in charge of the characters and he seemed annoyed. Instead of having Donald come to the table we had to walk over tho where he was in the dinnig room. I was surprised at the way we were treated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter