Donald's Dino Bash- Wait Times

Rachel GB

DIS Veteran
Heading back to WDW in a few weeks :dancer:, and am looking to venture over to Dinoland for Donald's Dino Bash around 1:30 p.m. on our AK day for about an hour. We won't be sticking around for the dance party, but would like to enjoy the atmosphere and do the character meets. For those who have gone, how long were the waits for character meets, and would it be worth it to go (or should we do something else during that time)? I know my kids would enjoy the characters dressed as dinos, but if the lines are super long, I would rather do something else with our time. THANK YOU in advance! :thanks:

Anytime I've been by the area the waits for the characters are only about 15 or so people each. So maybe around 10-15 min

We waited 15-20ish mins for Chip and Dale on 1/1. The line wasn’t all that long but they were spending a relatively decent amount of time with each guest. YMMV!

Thanks for coming through (as always) @GADisneyDad14 ! Did you find it worthwhile?

Worthwhile? Eh, we’re not really character folks so I’m probably the wrong person to ask. We were looking for something to kill time before a lunch reservation, so this fit the bill. :-)

Chip and Dale meet further back on a trail and it’s nicely shaded (it was warm and sunny when we were there), so getting out of the sun was a bonus.

Interactions with the kids were very cute.

If you're into characters then Chip and Dale is a great meet, like others have said they take a decent amount of time with each guests, we went and my DD18 had her rose gold ears and Dale took them off and started trying to put them on his dinosaur horn, it was the cutest thing, photopass got some great pictures.
Scrooge and Launchpad were regular meets, a bit of tale spinning with Launchpad but that was it. We didn't meet Goofy, Donald or Daisy
You could probably meet 3 characters in one hour

If you're into characters then Chip and Dale is a great meet, like others have said they take a decent amount of time with each guests, we went and my DD18 had her rose gold ears and Dale took them off and started trying to put them on his dinosaur horn, it was the cutest thing, photopass got some great pictures.
Scrooge and Launchpad were regular meets, a bit of tale spinning with Launchpad but that was it. We didn't meet Goofy, Donald or Daisy
You could probably meet 3 characters in one hour

Great, thank you for your feedback! Sounds like you had a magical experience! :)

Oh man, are Scrooge and Launchpad still there? Is it only at 1:30? That would make my buddy's day!

Oh man, are Scrooge and Launchpad still there? Is it only at 1:30? That would make my buddy's day!

It’s a continuous character meet experience, I think it might start around 10? I think the actual dance party may be around 4? You’d have to check the WDW site as it was acting strange when I tried to check on it for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter