• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Donate Life

danielle79

Dreaming of the Castle!
Hello All, I want to share my success story. Last February I donated my left kidney to a family friend who had a hereditory kidney disease and therefore no one in his family could donate. Our surgeries both went very well and he is happy and healthy today with no more dialysis. My recovery went very well and I have a small battle scar and a warm fuzzy feeling for doing something life changing for someone. Moral of my story is... sign your donor card, give blood or lay down and give a kidney! Life is about the journey not the end result!:)

:goodvibes
Thank you for being a donor and putting the word out on donation.

I was a donor to my dh (zero HLA match), he had 3 1/2 years free of dialysis and accomplished so much in that time. Sadly the kidney failed, due to chronic rejection that they could not stop with medications.
It's not the norm, but it does happen.
I have no regrets, all part of life's journey.

People will gush over you in amazement, I just told people.. He needed one, I had one.. That doesn't make me special, it does not make me a hero. It's part of being human.

Amazing stories and for those who can donate, wonderful to do so..

I cannot even give blood anymore since my condition..

When my brother died in his 30s from a massive stroke, we donated his bone and cartilage. Organs were not viable due to very high temps. I take comfort in the fact that he is still helping someone every day.

Thank you so much to the donors. I have been on dialysis for 26 months and am waiting on 2 lists. No one in my family matches or is in good enough health.

funnygarcia...I beg to differ. Donors are most definitely heroes.

This post caught my eye on the main screen. I donated half my liver to my mom. It will be one year next month and we are both doing very well now! Congrats to you for your one year transplantversary!

Everyone has spare parts! ;)

Thank you to all who have/ are/ will be donors. My dad is currently on the list for a heart transplant. I am , of course, a complete donor as is most of my family. When my time comes, I can only hope my organs can be used to save someone else.

Thank you Danielle for being so generous. My Dad is a recepient of someone that was as generous as you (but in death).

My family and I are all organ donors..........the only gift that keeps on giving.

How wonderful Danielle that you gave this precious gift.:hug:

We have all signed donor cards in our family and just as importantly we have talked about it with extended family so that everyone knows that we are keen to be donors.

In australia regardless of a person having signed a donor card the family still have the final say.

:hug: Quasar

Thanks to all of you who have donated that precious gift. :hug:

My husband won't be eligible for a donation until June 2012, but once he is listed, we are looking at doing a "kidney swap". That's where I would give a kidney to someone, they would have a friend or family member donate to someone else, and on and on around until DH is able to get one. :grouphug:

A friend of ours (our kids are in high school together) is fighting for her life right now, due to the closing of Shands Jacksonville's transplant center. (I won't even get into that right now, makes me :mad::mad:).

Once again, thank you. :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter