Donation Question

CynBeth

DIS Veteran
I have a co-worker whose husband has been in the hospital and just heard she set up a donation page on Facebook to help with bills. I am not on social media so would like to give a card with a check but am not sure what amount is appropriate.
I don’t want to be too low but also don’t want to appear as I am showing people up either. I figured I would post here to get opinions. Thanks!

Sorry to hear about your friend's husband being sick.

Did she post a link to a GoFund me page? This could be done without her knowing who donated.

If it 's just a donation directly to her/them.......I would give whatever I was comfortable with/what my heart tells me. I would not worry about the amount. They need it. It takes a lot to ask for help so I think and hope any amount would be greatly appreciated. I have seen donations for various causes from as little as $10 to $500.

Regardless wether or not you want someone to know........people donate and don't even know who they are donating to but just want to help. Depending on the relationship and what you are comfortable with does not matter. Give from your heart.

Very nice of you to help in any way you can. I wish for a quick recovery for the husband.

I have a co-worker whose husband has been in the hospital and just heard she set up a donation page on Facebook to help with bills. I am not on social media so would like to give a card with a check but am not sure what amount is appropriate.
I don’t want to be too low but also don’t want to appear as I am showing people up either. I figured I would post here to get opinions. Thanks!

It is very generous of you to want to help out your co-workers family. And I think that the co-workers response will be grateful of any gift you choose to give, be it $5 or $500. Give the gift that you are comfortable giving, this gift is between you and your coworker and what other people are able or choose to give should really not come into play at all.

depends on how friendly I am with the person- just a co-worker then 25, a coworker I am friends with then 50-100 depending on what I could afford at the time.

I would say $25-$50 range. I would probably do $25 now, then when the the donations slow down in a few weeks or months, I would send a "thinking of you" card with a gift card for $25 to a restaurant or grocery store.

If it was someone I was in close proximity with and could easily do it, I’d definitely just hand them the money directly. No need to be involved with the on-line thing and GFM takes a cut (maybe FB does too?). No need for anyone but you and she to know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter