~Donna's Journal~

rnd4life

DIS Veteran
A little about me.....I turned 30 in December, have been married for 11 years to a wonderful man and we have 2 children, ages 10 and 2.
I feel like I have always had a weight issue. Not as much as I do now but even before I met my husband and got married, I struggled to lose 10 or 15 pounds all the time.

In January I decided to stop smoking (yah me!) and so far it's been 101 days since I KICKED THE HABIT! My husband and our oldest son were just thrilled, neither one of them are fans of the nasty things but who could blame 'em?
Ah well.....back to the weight issue......

I don't know my exact weight, I know I've gained some since January, so my best guess would be right around 200 pounds. I would like to lose 50-60 pounds but for starters I am setting my first goal at 10 pounds. Once I reach that, then I will move forward.

I am going to do the South Beach Diet and have high hopes for it and for myself. I have heard so many great things about it so I am positive I can make it work for me.
Goals for right now are to just start slow and stick with the program. I plan to exercise 5 times a week using one of my old, dusty Richard Simmon's 'Sweatin' To The Oldies' videos. :blush:

Comments are welcome.
Thanks for reading.

Welcome to WISH! :wave:

CONGRATS ON QUITTING SMOKING!!!! :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :cool1:

That's such an awesome accomplishment!

Sounds like you've got a great plan to get healthier. Breaking your weight loss into small increments is very helpful to stay motivated.

Have fun with old Richard. Those videos are classics! I still can't hear any of the songs on the radio without thinking about what I'm supposed to be doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter