Don't Burst My Disney Bubble...A June Disneymoon PTR

laur roo

Mouseketeer
Hello Hello!

Welcome to my PTR for my Disneymoon! I am the trip planner and uber Disney lover, Lauren. I have been to Disney 10 times, so this will make trip 11. I have gone with family and friends, but I have never gone with my DF before. So it'll be our first time sharing the world together. Here's me on my last trip to Disney, all the way back in January of 2012.

IMG_4405.jpg

I took that trip with my mom, but this time it will be just me and Shane, my DF, er, well, he'll be my husband when we get to Disney! Which that in and of itself is pretty exciting for me to think about, let alone a Disney trip to plan too! But I couldn't be more happy with either of those situations. Shane has been once or twice as a child but doesn't remember much about the parks. I'm excited to introduce him to them as an adult and I hope we make some great memories on our trip.

This trip came about in the last few days. We threw around some different honeymoon ideas here and there, but Disney always kind of got ruled out because of price. But two nights ago, I looked it up, found some cheaper flights and tonight when DF got home from work, he told me to go ahead and book it! So I did just that. Here's the details:

Arriving 6/23 for 4 nights at Pop Century with park hoppers and dining plan. I did a little of the math and figured the dining plan would be nice so we are already paid for up front and it will feel more all-inclusive. We fly back home on 6/27 but not until later at night so we have that day to play in the parks too!

A lot has changed since my last trip with all the FP+ and magic bands, so I've got to figure all that out now, since we only have 45 days until our trip! And also I've got to narrow down my giant list of favorite Disney restaurants to just 4 or 5...now that's gonna be hard!

But that's really all I've got for now, but I want to feel prepared as I just hit busy season at my job, I've got our wedding to finish projects for (we are getting married 6/21), and I'm in my best friend's wedding the week before mine, and now I've got a Disney trip to plan. But that's the easy one out of the list, since I love Disney so much!

Cool! My DW and I spent our honeymoon at WDW too. Such great memories. I hope you have an awesome wedding and honeymoon trip! :thumbsup2

So far I've had time to work on my ADRs and try out this FP+ business. Here's what our trip is shaping up to look like:

Monday, June 23rd:
Our flight lands around 9am in Orlando. Then we'll take the Magical Express to Pop Century. Pretty sure our room won't be ready but that's fine, we'll stow our luggage and catch a bus to Magic Kingdom. I'm hoping to see the Festival of Fantasy Parade at 3, and then we have FP+ for BTMRR, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, and Space Mountain. Then a late ADR at 'Ohana at 9:40pm. MK is open until 1am, so maybe we can play in the park a little after dinner if we're not too tired.

Tuesday, June 24th:
This morning is Epcot and we've got FP+ for Mission Space, Soarin', and Spaceship Earth. We also have a lunch ADR at Tutto Italia at 1:30. I'm trying to plan more morning activities since I don't know how well I will do in the heat. This way I can plan the mornings, have lunch, then return to the hotel for a rest or swim or Downtown Disney for some shopping. Then we have the nights free to do whatever since we have park hoppers.

Wednesday, June 25th:
We'll be headed to Hollywood Studios in the morning with FP+ at Toy Story Midway Mania, Star Tours, and Great Movie Ride. Then a lunch ADR at Sci Fi Dine-In at 1:45. Again, no major plans after that, just play it by ear.

Thursday, June 26th:
Today will be Animal Kingdom, and we have FP+ booked for Kilimanjaro Safaris, Expedition Everest, and Dinosaur. Later we'll hop over to Epcot for dinner at Teppan Edo at 6:20 and stay for Illuminations to end the night.

Friday, June 27th:
Our plane doesn't leave until 7:00pm, so we've got most of the day to play. I made some more FP+ at Magic Kingdom for Enchanted Tales with Belle, Buzz Lightyear, and Jungle Cruise. Then we'll have to return back to Pop Century to catch the Magical Express back to the airport.

I think it will be a whirlwind trip, I usually like to go for longer but with my job I can't get a long time off of work at once. I'm already taking 1/2 of June off just for the honeymoon, wedding, and my friend's wedding that I am in. So of course I would love more Disney days, but I'm so excited to even have this much time to spend there with my DF!!!

I'm sure I'll play around more with ADR and FP+ too, so expect some changes to come.

Wow has it been 10 days since I last updated? Time flies when you're busy with your job and planning a wedding! This update is a little more wedding themed, as my fiance and I had yesterday off and took a roadtrip to our hometowns to get a little more wedding stuff checked off the list. As of today, it's only 30 days to go for the wedding, and 32 days to go until Disney! Yikes! Seems like both will be here tomorrow.

Yesterday we got a lot accomplished so I have a lot I can check of the wedding checklist. We picked out and ordered our wedding bands, got our marriage license, got the last of the attire we need for the wedding, and picked out where to get corsages and boutonnieres for our parents and grandparents for the wedding. And on top of that, I had a dress fitting for the bridesmaid dress I am wearing in my best friend's wedding too. Phew, we were busy! Also, my best friend is awesome and taking a Disneymoon too! We both love Disney so much, and have been together twice before. Her Disneymoon isn't until August though.

So I'm starting to feel good about all the wedding preparation since we got so much accomplished yesterday. Now I just have to keep plugging away at all the wedding "crafts" that I need to complete. And with working 40+ hours a week at work, I'll have to squeeze them in every night for the next month!

On our drive yesterday, I told my fiance about the Disney plans for the dining and fastpass+ reservations, he seemed happy about them. I told him I left most of the evenings free so we could do whatever and that I'm actually doing much less planning than I would for a normal Disney trip, and he laughed because to him it seems like I have so much planned out. But to me, not so much. I don't even know when we'll see Fantasmic, but I know we need to!

But that's all for today's update, I just like having this to talk about my wedding prep and Disneymoon planning so that I can keep myself sane for the next 30 days and try not to stress out over everything!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter