Don't expect unlimited QQ from official SW partner hotels

Peter Pan's Girl

Mouseketeer
Just a heads up that we are at SW today, with a reservation at Springhill Suites SW and there has been a change in policy (I don't really know who changed it, SW or the hotel...). We went to the Expedia desk promptly at 7am to get our QQ (assuming it was unlimited). Once at the park we discovered it was a basic QQ (one time per major ride)-not unlimited. The SW guest relations had absolutely no sympathy and stated that the hotels should not be advertising unlimited, but they are continueing to do so. I then went back to Springhill suites to discuss the matter with the manager. He was also not sympathetic until I made him look at the official site which still states "unlimited QQ". After explaining to the manager that I felt this was false advertising, he begrudingly managed to get us unlimited QQ's. I understand this is a hotel perk, however they need to update the web site or honor it!

Looking on the bright side, its still a perk that's worth about $20 pp (not too shabby :)). And to upgrade to unlimited, it should only be about $5 per person.

Looking on the bright side, its still a perk that's worth about $20 pp (not too shabby :)). And to upgrade to unlimited, it should only be about $5 per person.

Thanks for the update! I booked our SW hotel specifically for this perk.

So now that it is not unlimited, what all does it include and how does it work? How do they know if you rode on it or not already?

Also, if we want to use "Baby Swap/Rider Switch" with the QQ, how does that work?

Thanks for the help!

So now that it is not unlimited, what all does it include and how does it work? How do they know if you rode on it or not already?

Also, if we want to use "Baby Swap/Rider Switch" with the QQ, how does that work?

We have only ever had the unlimited QQ passes, so I have no experience with the other option. I do know that the regular (non-unlimited) QQ give you one time of front-of-the-line access to each of the QQ rides in the park. So once at Manta, once at Kraken, once at Turtle Trek, etc. If you ride again, you would have to wait in the regular line.

You get a wrist band at guest services to identify you as having unlimited QQ. I have no idea how they keep track of your usage of the non-unlimited pass!! :confused3 And my baby is 17, so we've never had to use the baby swap for him :rotfl:. Hopefully someone else will chime in with the answers to your questions.

Apparently the change went into effect on March 1. That morning the woman at the Expedia desk at the Hilton Garden Inn printed out our vouchers and said "looks like it's not for unlimited QQ anymore, just once per ride. Yesterday it was still unlimited."

As it turned out, QQ was totally unnecessary in early March. We exchanged the vouchers for QQ cards in the park, intending to use them later in the day when crowds got bigger, but they never did. We didn't bother using them at all, nor did we even bother requesting them again from the Expedia desk when we went back a few days later. The only ride that got any sort of line was Manta, and that was only about a 10 minute wait in the afternoon.

The cards had the different valid attractions listed. I suppose the CM would punch out or otherwise mark for each attraction when it was used the first time.

Jim

We were there today as well. Also noticed the change, but thought maybe I had mis-read the site when originally booking the rooms.

Glad I never booked a package with SW for staying at one of their partner hotels in August. The unlimited quick queue was a big factor in wanting to stay there. I would have preferred to stay further down on I-Drive by the Convention Center where there are some things to do in the evening. However, the unlimited quick queue would have been a nice money saver. Now that the aren't offering it makes the decision so much easier.

Glad I never booked a package with SW for staying at one of their partner hotels in August. The unlimited quick queue was a big factor in wanting to stay there. I would have preferred to stay further down on I-Drive by the Convention Center where there are some things to do in the evening. However, the unlimited quick queue would have been a nice money saver. Now that the aren't offering it makes the decision so much easier.

Just to be clear........Quick Queue passes ARE still a perk of the onsite hotels. They just aren't the "unlimited" version. You will still get Quick Queue access once at each QQ attraction: Kraken, Manta, Journey to Atlantis, Wild Arctic, Turtle Trek, and SkyTower.

You are still getting a great inclusion with the regular QQ, and saving about $20 per person. And the price difference between the regular QQ and unlimited is very minimal...about $5 (I am assuming you could choose to upgrade at Guest Services for the difference in cost).

While I agree that its a real bummer that the policy changed from the unlimited to the regular QQ passes, they have NOT removed the perk altogether.

We also visited SW in early March and didn't need to use our QQ passes, but we did get them the two days we were there. They give you a credit card sized card with the QQ attractions listed and the ride attendant hole punches next to the ride as you use it. That is how they keep track. If the lines were really long it would have been great to use these even if was only to ride the rides once.

We also visited SW in early March and didn't need to use our QQ passes, but we did get them the two days we were there. They give you a credit card sized card with the QQ attractions listed and the ride attendant hole punches next to the ride as you use it. That is how they keep track. If the lines were really long it would have been great to use these even if was only to ride the rides once.

Thanks for explaining how the cards work!

We just got back too! They gave us one time qq cards at the renaissance. They do run out so you have to ask for them early!

Despite my initial anger:furious:, even with spring break crowds we probably would have been fine with just the basic QQ. We spent 2 full-ish days (2-3 hour mid-day break each day) and saw every show and rode every ride:goodvibes. The only rides my family chose to do more than one time a day was Kraken and Manta (they rode them 2-3 times per day:thumbsup2). However without QQ the wait by 11am was about an hour for these rides. As most Diser's know, the crowds this past week were INSANE!!! :scared1: I imagine that the basic QQ during lower crowd weeks would be plenty.

We also enjoyed the all day unlimited dining for one of the days due to our packagepopcorn::. We broke even, but did not "make out" due to insane crowds at every CS restaurant. If ever to return, I would skip the all day dining and just leave the park for a nice meal instead.:moped:

Feel free to ask any other questions you may have regarding SW or Springhill Suites....:goodvibes

Despite my initial anger:furious:, even with spring break crowds we probably would have been fine with just the basic QQ. We spent 2 full-ish days (2-3 hour mid-day break each day) and saw every show and rode every ride:goodvibes. The only rides my family chose to do more than one time a day was Kraken and Manta (they rode them 2-3 times per day:thumbsup2). However without QQ the wait by 11am was about an hour for these rides. As most Diser's know, the crowds this past week were INSANE!!! :scared1: I imagine that the basic QQ during lower crowd weeks would be plenty.

We also enjoyed the all day unlimited dining for one of the days due to our packagepopcorn::. We broke even, but did not "make out" due to insane crowds at every CS restaurant. If ever to return, I would skip the all day dining and just leave the park for a nice meal instead.:moped:

Feel free to ask any other questions you may have regarding SW or Springhill Suites....:goodvibes

Thanks for the report! Glad to hear the one-time QQ didn't impact you all too much.

OK -- here are my questions for you!:goodvibes

How was the food at SW? Where would you recommend to eat? Also, are there places to eat that are a bit more out of the way and not as crowded (i.e., like Flame Tree BBQ at AK)

How would you divide your time on a busy weekend, hopefully not as crowded as Easter break, but still crowded since we are arriving on Black Friday and leaving for Disney the Sunday after. Since we'll have Annual Passes from our local Busch Gardens, we'll have 1 afternoon/evening (Fri), 1 full day (Sat) and 1 morning (Sun) with a 4.5 and 8 yo. They are tall and will ride more wild rides and of course we want to do the shows and feed the animals. I have Dine with Shamu already booked for our 2nd evening. Oh, and we'll want to do all of the Christmas stuff.

We'll arrive around 1-2pm on Black Friday and won't have QQ (I assume they will have run out by then) but hopefully will have it for Sat/Sun. We are not doing all-day dining. We are staying at a SW official hotel.

Any advice on how to do SW on a crowded weekend is appreciated. We will make opening on Saturday and within a hour of opening on Sunday, just need to pack up and check out first.

Thanks!

How was the food at SW? Where would you recommend to eat? Also, are there places to eat that are a bit more out of the way and not as crowded (i.e., like Flame Tree BBQ at AK)

Any advice on how to do SW on a crowded weekend is appreciated. We will make opening on Saturday and within a hour of opening on Sunday, just need to pack up and check out first.

We love the food at SW :thumbsup2 . IMHO, it easily beats Disney counter service in almost all cases. We have dined at Voyageur's Smokehouse (BBQ), Mango Joes (sandwiches/wraps/burgers), Seafire Inn (a little bit of everything), and Terrace Garden Buffet (pizza/pasta). The only one I wouldn't return to is Terrace Garden.....it was fine, but nothing special, and we just think there are better options at the park. My best advise to avoid crowds would be to eat at off times of day (earlier or later than the typical meal times).

You won't need a "plan" for a busy weekend day at SW the same as you will need it at Disney. Get those QQ passes, arrive at or before park opening, then go with the flow (arriving at least 30 minutes early for all shows you wish to see). We were there on both Christmas Day and December 28th....you can check out my trip report (see link in my signature) for lots of photos and details of our Christmas season visit.

Under FAQ it still shows unlimited:

http://seaworldparks.com/seaworld-o...website&utm_campaign=homepage+special+offer+2

Whats significant about being an Official Hotel of SeaWorld?
Guests who stay in an Official Hotel of SeaWorld receive exclusive benefits that add significant value to an Orlando vacation experience. Benefits include:
"Free transportation to SeaWorld, Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and Universal Orlando
"Free Quick Queue Unlimited at SeaWorld (our front of the line program)
"Exclusive access to the SeaWorld Rescue Tour
"Early Entry into SeaWorld on select dates in peak seasons
"Discounts on select merchandise and culinary purchases at SeaWorld and Aquatica.
Benefits available at SeaWorld's Onsite Hotels...

How do I make reservations for Quick Queue Unlimited?
"Guests can only reserve their complimentary QQU onsite, at one of our Official Hotels, from the Expedia Local Expert Guest Service desk. Admission is required and the usual ride restrictions apply. QQU is available in limited quantities each day are given out on a firstcome, firstserve basis. Guests can pick up QQU for dayof or nextday visits only.
Whats the difference between Quick Queue and Quick Queue Unlimited?
"Regular Quick Queue provides priority access once to each of these popular attractions: Manta, Kraken, Journey to Atlantis, & Wild Arctic. (retail value starting at $14.99)
"Quick Queue Unlimited provides unlimited priority access for the day to each of these popular attractions: Manta, Kraken, Journey to Atlantis, & Wild Arctic. (retail value starting at $19.99)

We just got back too! They gave us one time qq cards at the renaissance. They do run out so you have to ask for them early!

Are the QQ cards they give out at the hotel service desk dated for that day only or could you use them for a different day? :confused3:confused::rolleyes1
Thanks,
Joe
:banana::banana::banana::furious::worship:

Are the QQ cards they give out at the hotel service desk dated for that day only or could you use them for a different day?

They are dated.

We had the QQ unlimited for our Christmas trip, and even with those, when they issued us the wrist bands, they also gave us cards that indicated we had the QQ unlimited and the date they were valid for (along with a list of the rides that QQ was accepted on). The rep at Guest Services said to keep them with us, because sometimes ride operators do an "audit" (so to speak) where they will also ask to see your dated cards along with the wrist band. Never happened on our visit....but apparently its possible.

I know the vouchers from the Expedia Travel Desk that you turn in to Guest Services also have the "valid for" date printed on them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter