Don't expect unlimited QQ from official SW partner hotels

Seaworld sent a message back to me stating if staying at an official hotel the quick que is unlimited. I will take the email with me just incase they change their minds before June.:)

Seaworld sent a message back to me stating if staying at an official hotel the quick que is unlimited. I will take the email with me just incase they change their minds before June.:)

Ooh, this gets more interesting!

Does it also have that generic phrase "subject to changes"?

I just wish they would be consistent! Obviously the unlimited is part of the reason why I booked the official hotel and not something cheaper.

I'm not booked until late Nov so hopefully it will all be worked out by then!

Ooh, this gets more interesting!

Does it also have that generic phrase "subject to changes"?

I just wish they would be consistent! Obviously the unlimited is part of the reason why I booked the official hotel and not something cheaper.

I'm not booked until late Nov so hopefully it will all be worked out by then!

Here's what she wrote, I am hoping it holds up. We bought onsite for the unlimited also.

Thank you for booking you recent Vacation Package with us, what a lovely choice! Our SeaWorld® Orlando Quick Queue is all Unlimited now, we no longer offer the One Time Access Quick Queue. Therefore, no matter what is says, at our park, it will be used with unlimited access. Please feel free to maintain your original plan and be prepared to spend an entire day of fun with us!

Here's what she wrote, I am hoping it holds up. We bought onsite for the unlimited also.

Thank you for booking you recent Vacation Package with us, what a lovely choice! Our SeaWorld® Orlando Quick Queue is all Unlimited now, we no longer offer the One Time Access Quick Queue. Therefore, no matter what is says, at our park, it will be used with unlimited access. Please feel free to maintain your original plan and be prepared to spend an entire day of fun with us!

Wow! That certainly sounds definitive to me!!

I hope it all works out and please report back to us.

Hmmmmm........very interesting!!!

Good idea to take that email with you :thumbsup2 . Written back-up is always helpful!!!

Well sorry to say Seaworld emailed back again to say they did indeed change over to once through QQ. :(

If you go to Sea World Orlando's website there is no option to purchase regular quick queue. Only Quick Queue unlimited.

I think they definitely need to update their materials if seaworld is in fact no longer giving quick queue unlimited to guests staying at their partner hotels.. I am staying at the renaissance Marriott for 6 nights in June and I just checked the hotels website which still clearly lists quick queue unlimited as the benefit received for staying.

Thanks for the report! Glad to hear the one-time QQ didn't impact you all too much.

OK -- here are my questions for you!:goodvibes

How was the food at SW? Where would you recommend to eat? Also, are there places to eat that are a bit more out of the way and not as crowded (i.e., like Flame Tree BBQ at AK)

How would you divide your time on a busy weekend, hopefully not as crowded as Easter break, but still crowded since we are arriving on Black Friday and leaving for Disney the Sunday after. Since we'll have Annual Passes from our local Busch Gardens, we'll have 1 afternoon/evening (Fri), 1 full day (Sat) and 1 morning (Sun) with a 4.5 and 8 yo. They are tall and will ride more wild rides and of course we want to do the shows and feed the animals. I have Dine with Shamu already booked for our 2nd evening. Oh, and we'll want to do all of the Christmas stuff.

We'll arrive around 1-2pm on Black Friday and won't have QQ (I assume they will have run out by then) but hopefully will have it for Sat/Sun. We are not doing all-day dining. We are staying at a SW official hotel.

Any advice on how to do SW on a crowded weekend is appreciated. We will make opening on Saturday and within a hour of opening on Sunday, just need to pack up and check out first.

Thanks!

Food at SW was better CS than WDW, but still counter-service quality and WAY OVERPRICED!!. We enjoyed Seafire Inn and Voyagers Smokehouse. Both fresh and warm. Definetly eat at off hours like 10:30 or 1:30 for lunch and 4:30 or 6:30 for dinner. Size of meals are quite large in my opinion-could easily be shared if not on Dining plan. With as much time as you are devoting to SW, I would honestly eat out of the park and just enjoy a snack at the parks. We took a 2-3 hour break mid day both days (park was open to 10pm), returned to hotel just o veg out, so Saturday you will have plenty of time for a mid day break and nice meal and then return to park later. You may also want to purchase the refillable drink cups which are good for all days there. Could easily share 1-2 cups for the entire family.

For touring I pre-printed out show schedule and planned to split the shows between our days. With a late start on Fri and plans to do Dine with Shamu for Sat night, you will want to do evening shows on Friday. Sat you will have more time for rides then (and don't miss dolphin feeding-honestly worth the price-my girls would trade that for a SW snack or souvenier anyday!!), Remember you can reserve you QQ for day of and next day so you should have NO PROBLEM getting QQ for both Sat and Sun. Save Sea Lions tonight for after you have seen most shows (it is a spinoff joke about all the shows at SW). With holiday offerings I am sure you will spend a huge amt of time seeing all the reg and holiday shows-but to be honest the shows are the highlight of SW-IMO, and the rides are more to fill time!! You do need to get to shows at least 20min, if not 30 min in advance. You can send ahead one person to save spots if needed. Also a good time to get seats and then take bathroom breaks while one or two stay with seats.

There are some breathtaking spots to take photos of the kids, so don't forget your camara!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter