"Don't forget a picture of the food!" Updated 8/16! A Fall TR!

Denovagirl

DIS Veteran

Hello and welcome back to all my old friends, and hi, it’s nice to meet you to all my new ones!

tumblr_m63hrrbEgG1rnpmoh.gif

Welcome to my second ever Disney trip and trip report! Links can be found for my other threads in my signature, should you be browsing for hours of Disney reading. :lmao: Last time around we went with the extended family, which was pretty awesome, but we were really psyched to be going with just the four of us this time! It made for some really fun times and some times where we were wishing we had help with the kids!! But mostly, this trip was everything we hoped and more!

For now, let’s get this puppy started, shall we!?!?

We’re THE WALKS!

I’m Terri, mom and planner of the group, as well as your narrator, you lucky reader, you! ;) Oh, and photographer mainly as well, hence the reason I have no photo's of me alone!

My favorites from this trip:
Food- Be Our Guest Dinner & Pop Pizza
Ride- Tower of Terror & TTA Peoplemover
Character Interaction- You’d think it would be a face character, huh? But you’d be WRONG! My favorite of this trip was Duffy the Bear!

The hubs is Chris, converted Disney fanatic and lover of Dole Whips!

Faves:
Food- Tonga Toast and Lobster Pie from F&W
Ride- The Haunted Mansion
Character Interaction- Beast

Olivia, our inquisitive five year old, also the high-maintenance princess of our group.

Faves:
Food- Orange bird drink, which was actually a berry lemonade slush in a cute OB cup.
Ride- Splash & Mine Train are tied, followed closely by Dinosaur and Tower of Terror
Character Interaction- Jessie & Woody,Buzz and Lotso, and the Villians at the dnace party!

And last, but certainly not least, Maddie, our active two year old, who wants everything her bigger sister has, and was not afraid to let her “terrible two-ness” show, even at the happiest place on earth!

Faves:
Food- Everything!
Ride- It’s A Small World, HANDS DOWN!
Character Interaction- “My Beast” was her answer!

This trip was awesome, fun, perfect, less-than perfect, exhausting, long, and wonderful for us! We got to all our favorite things, and tons of new things as well. I still didn’t get to do some things I had hoped, but we had lots of random surprises pop up that we couldn’t resist! It was quite the adventure and I can’t wait to share every moment of it!!

So, without further ado, read on for…

“Don’t forget to get a picture of the food!” A fall TR!
Index

9/27 Day One~Travel to Disney & DHS
RUNNING and a long awaited meet!
Our first ride of the trip!
One Man's Dream
Mickey Bars and Speeder Bikes
50's Prime Time
Late Night Swimming

9/28 Day Two~EPCOT and Hanson
It's EPCOT Day!
The Character Spot
Interrupting for: Life Update

Figment
Beaches & Cream
Food & Wine
MMMBoppin'
RIP Maelstrom

9/29 Day Three~ Magic Kingdom
Chef Mickey's and The 5-Legged Goat
The Monorail Ride THAT WOULD NOT END and HEY! That Mickey's TALKING!

First Haircuts

Our First Ride in MK Is...

Mine Train
We've Used All Our FP's, Now What?!
Rainy Tomorrowland
Fireworks Dessert Party
**6/29 Life Update**

9/30 Day Four~ Animal Kingdom
Getting WILD at Animal Kingdom
We Safari
Maharaja Jungle Trek
The Trek Continues
***Interruption: Well, look here..***
The Yeti
Finishing AK & DTD

10/1 Day Five~ Hollywood Studios
Disney Junior...Where the Magic Begins
I'm Famous! JK...
We Are VIP's
Rain, Rain GO AWAY
Saying Bye to the Studios
A Tour of POP
Playing Games

10/2 Day Six~ MNSSHP
Sleeping In
It's Almost Party Time
Party Time!
Boo to YOU!
More Dancing

10/3 Day Seven~ Magic Kingdom and Downtown Disney
Breakfast with Pooh and Friends

Last edited:

This. Was. It.

Is it really any surprise that I didn't get hardly any sleep the night before we left? We traveled to Austin from San Antonio the previous day, and we ended up getting on the road around 2:30pm. We were able to miss traffic and we ended up in Austin around 4:30 that evening. The girls even got in a little nap on the way!

We found our hotel, which was right next to the airport, and then headed out for dinner at a Waffle House which was right in the same parking lot! My original plan was to eat this in the morning, but since we love ourselves some breakfast for dinner, we changed it up! Plus, our wake up time was set for 3:10am! Yikes, so no need to get up even earlier to go eat! Anyway, we were basically the only people in the place, and it was nummy nummy nums nums, as usual! I posted this to my instagram:

Soon enough we were done, and back to our room, and I literally was in bed by around 7pm. The kids took quite some time to go to sleep, they were having way too much fun giggling and enjoying the sleepover. We finally all did succumb to sleep, only for me to be woken up by my phone going off over and over and over with texts. I finally got up to check it, or at least silence it, when I saw what all the texting was for! One of my close friends had her baby!!! She was due Oct 2, so it was early and I wasn’t expecting that! But, at least, it was a very acceptable reason to be woken up! So naturally I had to spend some time texting with the new momma and offering my congrats. I think I finally fell back asleep after midnight sometime, only to wake up at 3:10am!

tumblr_m5ou8q11i41qapypao1_500.gif

Getting dressed took hardly anytime and we were all loaded and being driven to the airport by 4am. Austin is a much smaller airport than we are used too, and there was like no one there, so printing our boarding passes and checking our luaggage and going through security was a total breeze, and we had over an hour to wait for take-off. We amused ourselves with snack and taking selfies!

First flight {to Houston} ended up leaving about 10 minutes late, which you will soon find out really, really sucked, but was uneventful still. The girls liked looking out the windows to see all the lights down below.

By the time we were landing I was checking my phone for the time minute by minute. We were off the plane at 6:52am. Here’s where the trouble came. Our boarding for our second flight was set from 6:45am-7am. We had 8 minutes to make it to a complete different terminal! We had to take a fake-o-rail and get there in 8 minutes, oh, and we didn’t even have our carry-on bags yet! Oh yea, did I forget to mention the fact that this flight was on a TINY 50-passenger plane with no overhead bins? We all had to gate-check our carry-on’s and then when we de-boarded had to stand in the little hall thingy waiting! Can you believe ours were like the LAST bags off!??!?!?

Chris stood waiting for them while I took the girls and went to the airline counter to see if maybe they could call over and let our departure gate know we were coming. Well, the answer to that was “No, sorry they won’t hold the plane for anyone.” Ummm, okay crabby woman, I don’t want them to hold the plane, I just didn’t want them to close the door! Whatever. We were going to have to run… and run we did!

131697796501.gif

Leg one: running to the tram. I held Maddie and told Olivia to stay right next to me, as soon as we saw Chris walking towards us with the bags I gave him the look and took off running with the girls! I am pretty sure we looked like a smaller version of the family in Home Alone, running through the airport. By the time we made it to the tram it was 6:58, 2 minutes left.

In the tram it became clear, my inability to run, and even clearer that holding Maddie was not working for me. So I handed her over to Chris and instructed him to just take off after we deboarded the tram. I figured if he could at least get there mayyyyyyyyybe they would wait for me!

Leg two: The gate! So the doors opened and he was off with Maddie. I grabbed both our rolling luggage pieces and Olivia and I power walked/had bursts of running. I was literally praying out loud as we rushed through the terminal. Now I know people were thinking I was loony! LOL! But as we neared our gate number {Chris was already way outta my site} a glorious thing happened. One of the men working our gate was clearly looking for a crazy woman, with child, running frantically and he ran up to us, relieved me of our bags and ushered us straight to the door. They scanned my boarding passes and the door was literally shut right behind me! There, was Chris and Maddie, looking as relieved as me, and all we could do at that point was laugh it off, me between fits of not being able to breath still.

tumblr_nco362f0E41rmdodwo1_500.gif

Finally we were on the plane, and the staff on board were great, they gave the girls their wings, which I think they more than deserved!

It was smooth sailing after that, we landed right on time, at 10:30am! We were off the plane by 10:45am, rode the fake-o-rail and found our way right to the DME line. We were all smiles by this point!

By 11am we were on the DME!

Soon I looked over to find this, my whole family crashed out!

Not me, I stayed awake to snap a photo and celebrate as we passed this beauty!

Our first stop was AoA, which was lovely to see again, and then we were at POP! By this point I was already texting with Lori, and knew her and the fam were still at POP themselves, as they decided to take the morning off to relax. Lines were long for checking in, so Chris went and got the stroller and fan while I stood in line.

We were assigned room 620 in the 70’s section, and good news, it was ready! It started to pour the moment we went to leave the main building to head to our room, so we hesitated as we walked outside, and then guess what!?!? Low and behold, I see none other than Lori and her girls walking up!!!

I am pretty happy that our first meeting happened like this, because I was surprised by it, I was able to keep my emotions in check. I literally saw her and just yelled “LORI!”

It was kind of funny, because I don’t think she was expecting to see me at that moment either, but as soon as she looked over, I just ran over! It was short and sweet, as they were swimming and escaping the rain, and we were on our way to our room, but we learned that they were going to go change and grab something to eat, so we made plans to see each other in a few and off we went!

We went to our room, and were quite happy at the location, it was the second floor, but right on the corner, closest to the main building. Turns out we mostly just used the stair each day, because they were just steps away. We loved it! We went in to find our awaiting Mickey towel and threw our bags down!

By this point we were pretty hungry, we really hadn’t had a meal all day, so Chris and the girls headed down to the food court, while I set up their Mickey gift. Then I went to join them and ran into Lori and the family eating! I had her girls gifts with me, so I gave them those, and then I joined Chris inside where we enjoyed some nachos! FYI, these are good, but are only offered at lunch, not dinner, as we later learned! Also, we were starved so we forgot to snap the pic before we started... {though, by my title, you can probably tell we got better at remembering!}

We were pretty much giddy at being in Disney finally, so we let Lori know we were gonna head out to DHS and that we would meet up with her later.

It was 1:07pm and we were FINALLY on our was to DHS after nearly a year of waiting and planning!! This was the moment we’d be looking so forward to and when we saw this we were overjoyed!

Next up, our first ride of the trip!

I'm here!

The picture of your girls sleeping are adorable; they both look the exact same! Congrats to your friend having her baby!

I can't believe you made it to your plane - HIGH DRAMA!!!

I was so sure I was going to see you at Pop! I was on the lookout for your bag; I thought that was the only way I'd be able to recognize you guys.

I love Pop food!

I just read through your PTR and loved it! Can’t wait to read all about your trip and all the memories you and your family made :)

I can't wait to read your trip report :thumbsup2

Yay! My first guest! You win a jumpy, happy, smiley guy!!

:cheer2:

Welcome to the TR!!

I'm here!

The picture of your girls sleeping are adorable; they both look the exact same! Congrats to your friend having her baby!

I can't believe you made it to your plane - HIGH DRAMA!!!

I was so sure I was going to see you at Pop! I was on the lookout for your bag; I thought that was the only way I'd be able to recognize you guys.

I love Pop food!

I know, I cant believe we made that plane either!! It was insane!

And Pop, and the whole of Disney was just more crowded than I expected, I realized early on that we probably wouldnt run into people as easily as I thought!

I did love the Pop pizza! I seriously want it back!! NOW!!

I just read through your PTR and loved it! Can’t wait to read all about your trip and all the memories you and your family made :)

Yay! So happy you liked the PTR! Hope you enjoy the TR too!

Yay!:cool1: you started your TR!

I have been waiting for this!

Your travel was very exciting! I knew you got there from FB, but I was still sooooo nervous while reading it!

I have been so excited to hear about the meetup between you and Lori!

Following along!

I was laughing along with you guys when you made into just in time to your connecting flight; quite an eventful travel day! Glad you guys all made it safe and sound.

How cute are your girls?! And that little Maddie looks just like you! I adore the photos of everyone asleep on the bus; too excited to even stay awake, even your DH.

Can't wait to see the rest if your trip, especially looking forward to the girls reacting to their gifts from Mickey.

Seriously... YOu started this last night... and no texts or PMs to let me know... Sheesh!!!! I've been anxiously awaiting this - glad I looked. ;)

Anyways.... Gosh darn it - the girls are so adorable!!! I just love their happy little faces! They look so excited!

And I love sleeping girl pictures... It's hard work to travel!

I cannot believe your run through the airport - seriously... So, so, so relieved you made it to your connecting flight in time.

Those lines to check in at POP - crazy!!! I've never had more than one person in front of me at FQ (knock on wood)... Glad your room location is awesome! I would totally pay for a preferred room at POP.

Yay for a Dismeet with Lori! I love Dismeets - but we all know this. :D

Can't wait to hear about how DHS went on your first day!

D~

HEY! I was NOT AWARE of this report!

Going back to read now... :eek:

You KNOW i need special invitations!!!

I'm here!

Omgosh that sounds SO stressful :( But I'm so glad it all worked out and that you could laugh about it after the fact!

Awesome that you met up with Lori right away!

Love the pic of the girls on the bed with towel mickey, so adorable :)

Seriously sounds like such a stressful start to the trip but that you guys handled it sooo good.
I love the pictures in your intro. Especially those special shots. Oh my goodness. That one of Maddie with Pascal on her arm is SO sweet.
And I love how in the picture of them sleeping they both even have their heads hanging the same way.
So excited to hear all about your trip!!

And the Award for cutest family goes tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I mean seriously can you guys BE any more adorable? the picture with Maddie and Pasquale? Olivia and chip? you have to win some sort of Disney award.. Go send in your pictures!!!

HOLY NIGHTMARE Batman! I would have been scared poopless trying to get to your plane!!! Glad you made it in the nick of time! phew! I was on the edge of my seat!

Ohh and i love how your showing off your fantastic D~ bag! :woohoo:

your already hustling so much my head hurts! popcorn:: popcorn::

I'm here!! And mentioned in the first post---yep, I'm feeling pretty special!! :cutie:

Even though I knew about the airport nightmare, I totally had anxiety reading it again. I'm so glad it all worked out!

Could the girls be any cuter all crashed out? I love that pic of Maddie sleeping on the bus.

I was SO surprised to see you when you got there!!! I was just thinking about getting out of the rain and then thought I heard someone say my name and was like "who the heck here knows me?" And THERE you all were! I was so excited and you all are as cute as can be!

And, I just have to add my LOVE of the POP nachos. We didn't eat there often, but when we did I had those every time. Why are they so delicious?!?

I'm following along with D's and Mo's PTRs and followed over to your PTR. I've been waiting for your TR!! I love the interaction all the DISers have. I enjoy the friendships almost as much as the reports themselves! Glad I got in at the beginning.

I’m here!! So glad it has started! :cool1:

First off, I know I’ve said it before, but your girls are just way too cute!!! Such sweet little faces…:lovestruc

Oh my gosh, so much drama for the plane change! :eek: So glad you made it!! I can relate – I will never forget having to run full-speed with a bag through O’Hare. Of course, I wasn’t carrying a toddler or anything back then.

Glad you ran into Lori right away. And yay for a good room location at Pop. Again, the girls are so cute on the bed there. :cutie:

Looking forward to more! :goodvibes

I'm so excited I found your report. I was so sad we didn't see you that Saturday. My dd was on a mission to complete her wilderness explorer book and not ride ee! Can't wait to read more!

I'm following from your PTR and last TR! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Yay! Thanks for following! :hyper:

Yay!:cool1: you started your TR!

I have been waiting for this!

Your travel was very exciting! I knew you got there from FB, but I was still sooooo nervous while reading it!

I have been so excited to hear about the meetup between you and Lori!

Exciting was putting it mildly!! LOL! Glad you're here, meeting Lori was so wonderful, it was like meeting a friend I have had for years, I really wish we didn't live so far apart! You guys are really lucky to be close to each other!

Following along!

I was laughing along with you guys when you made into just in time to your connecting flight; quite an eventful travel day! Glad you guys all made it safe and sound.

How cute are your girls?! And that little Maddie looks just like you! I adore the photos of everyone asleep on the bus; too excited to even stay awake, even your DH.

Can't wait to see the rest if your trip, especially looking forward to the girls reacting to their gifts from Mickey.

That was such relief, I tell ya! Glad you're here to read my adventures! ::yes::

Seriously... YOu started this last night... and no texts or PMs to let me know... Sheesh!!!! I've been anxiously awaiting this - glad I looked. ;)

Anyways.... Gosh darn it - the girls are so adorable!!! I just love their happy little faces! They look so excited!

And I love sleeping girl pictures... It's hard work to travel!

I cannot believe your run through the airport - seriously... So, so, so relieved you made it to your connecting flight in time.

Those lines to check in at POP - crazy!!! I've never had more than one person in front of me at FQ (knock on wood)... Glad your room location is awesome! I would totally pay for a preferred room at POP.

Yay for a Dismeet with Lori! I love Dismeets - but we all know this. :D

Can't wait to hear about how DHS went on your first day!

D~

Sorry D~!!!! Hahaha, in my defense I was quite tired and not thinking properly! Next time a heads up will be in order! :thumbsup2

And the lines at POP were crazy, the hubs and I are seriously thinking an adults trip next time and stay at Wilderness Lodge, it was so peaceful and I cant imagine a line there!

HEY! I was NOT AWARE of this report!

Going back to read now... :eek:

You KNOW i need special invitations!!!

Eeeep! I seriously wasn't using my brain!! I have nothing but love for you Mo! Sorry! :)

I'm here!

Omgosh that sounds SO stressful :( But I'm so glad it all worked out and that you could laugh about it after the fact!

Awesome that you met up with Lori right away!

Love the pic of the girls on the bed with towel mickey, so adorable :)

Yes, thankfully I was only freaked out/stressed/upset for a very short time, and then it was turned completely around to the most wonderful sense of relief!

Seriously sounds like such a stressful start to the trip but that you guys handled it sooo good.
I love the pictures in your intro. Especially those special shots. Oh my goodness. That one of Maddie with Pascal on her arm is SO sweet.
And I love how in the picture of them sleeping they both even have their heads hanging the same way.
So excited to hear all about your trip!!

Hehehe, the girls really got into magic shots this trip! Olivia would do them and then, of course, Maddie had to do them. It was pretty adorable!

I'm here and anxious to read!!!! :cool1:

And the Award for cutest family goes tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I mean seriously can you guys BE any more adorable? the picture with Maddie and Pasquale? Olivia and chip? you have to win some sort of Disney award.. Go send in your pictures!!!

HOLY NIGHTMARE Batman! I would have been scared poopless trying to get to your plane!!! Glad you made it in the nick of time! phew! I was on the edge of my seat!

Ohh and i love how your showing off your fantastic D~ bag! :woohoo:

your already hustling so much my head hurts! popcorn:: popcorn::

Teehee, thanks, I did get many compliments on my girls this trip, I must have been stopped at least three times to talk about the way they were dressed! And they got quite into the magic shots this time! We have many! But those are my two faves!

And yes, I carried my bag everywhere and its in most my photos! I loved it and got many many compliments, especially from CMs!

We did hustle a lot the first 3 days, then my feet started their prostest and we slooooowwwweeeeed waaaaayyyyyy down, after that the vacation became much more relaxed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter