• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Don't Forget to Pack the Extra Stomachs!" - F&W, BCV Nov. 10-14 ~ Updated 11/17

The lobster and scallop pie was really yummy.....keep that if the list gets revised!!!! I hope you guys plan on getting one of those little cards to wear around your wrists to pay for F&W. You are going to be wasting a lot of time paying if not!

Most of my ADRs are missing too. I wish I had it better organized. I kept all of my confirmations but I made so many that I later cancelled that I'm not sure that I even know which ones are still valid!

I have a question for you, I hope you don't mind me asking here. When we were at AKL I fell in love with the bar soap and the hand lotion. I don't think POR offers lotion, I haven't seen it in any of the pictures that I have been looking at. Do you remember if there was any in your room? Also, the packaging on the soap looks different than what we got at AKL do you know if it is still the same stuff.

I think I read awhile back that you can buy the aquatics line in the gift shops at the deluxe resorts so I'll have to take a look for some lotion at least. Hopefully, the soap is the same. If it is I should have a boat load of it to take home with me after 10 nights. :lmao: If you happen to notice it in any of the shops let me know where you saw it.

Only us Dis'ers would sweat these small details right. :lmao:

Wow! That's a lot of food! I like that you're keeping all these ADRs along with the F&W plans. You better be packing some extra stomachs! This sounds like so much fun! We're completely skipping F&W again. I'll live through your TR and save myself from doubling in size instead. :rotfl: I'm loving all your "must have" selections and can't wait to read your food reviews!

Glad you mentioned this ADR trouble, too. I hadn't heard about that and need to check ours'. We have lots of future meals planned and they better still be there!

But of course. :lmao: In that way you can maximize the cultural eating experience, which is really what F&W is all about.
Absolutely! :thumbsup2

The lobster and scallop pie was really yummy.....keep that if the list gets revised!!!! I hope you guys plan on getting one of those little cards to wear around your wrists to pay for F&W. You are going to be wasting a lot of time paying if not!
I just told Dug that he is required to have the lobster & scallop pie. He is totally okay with that. ;) Someone else had recommended the wristband gift cards to me awhile back, so I think we will be doing that. Sounds like a good idea!

Most of my ADRs are missing too. I wish I had it better organized. I kept all of my confirmations but I made so many that I later cancelled that I'm not sure that I even know which ones are still valid!
I really hope they get things fixed soon. What a pain!

I have a question for you, I hope you don't mind me asking here. When we were at AKL I fell in love with the bar soap and the hand lotion. I don't think POR offers lotion, I haven't seen it in any of the pictures that I have been looking at. Do you remember if there was any in your room? Also, the packaging on the soap looks different than what we got at AKL do you know if it is still the same stuff.

I think I read awhile back that you can buy the aquatics line in the gift shops at the deluxe resorts so I'll have to take a look for some lotion at least. Hopefully, the soap is the same. If it is I should have a boat load of it to take home with me after 10 nights. :lmao: If you happen to notice it in any of the shops let me know where you saw it.

Only us Dis'ers would sweat these small details right. :lmao:
Good question! I don't pay a lot of attention to toiletries, as I pack my own. However, I checked with Dug (since he uses the provided stuff) and he said that he thinks there are different levels of product, depending upon which resort. He remembers really liking the stuff at AKL and doesn't think we had that at POR. I did a quick search here on the Dis (resort board, typed "lotion" in the search box) and there are a lot of threads that hit on this. I think Dug is correct about the different levels. I think that the soap is different and there is no lotion at POR. But I'm not sure, so if anyone else reading this knows, feel free to chip in and help out A&Bmama! :goodvibes If I see it in shops, I'll let you know!

Wow! That's a lot of food! I like that you're keeping all these ADRs along with the F&W plans. You better be packing some extra stomachs! This sounds like so much fun! We're completely skipping F&W again. I'll live through your TR and save myself from doubling in size instead. :rotfl: I'm loving all your "must have" selections and can't wait to read your food reviews!

Glad you mentioned this ADR trouble, too. I hadn't heard about that and need to check ours'. We have lots of future meals planned and they better still be there!
I'm glad you found the PTR! Yes, we really need to pack those extra stomachs! Do you think we can carry them on or will we have to check them? :lmao: It is probably much healthier to enjoy F&W vicariously through us than to eat all that!

Good luck with the ADRs! I hope yours are all there!

Thanks Dugette, I have been doing a little more investigating myself and I do think the soap is different:sad1:

Oh well, I found a place to order it online but I would rather just wait until I get there and buy some in the gift shop. One, I won't have to pay shipping, foreign exchange and the service charge that goes with it. Two, it will be something special to look forward to!

For awhile, I'd been meaning to post over on the dining boards to see if people thought we should do La Hacienda or Rose & Crown for Illuminations, given our preference for La Hacienda, but very early ADR time. Finally got around to posting today on the ADR board. And, would you believe, that I got my thread shut down for "descending into fighting"?! :scared1:

I just have to say that I love the people on the TR boards! :goodvibes Everyone is so nice! Those occasional times where I've ventured off to the other sections of the Dis, it's not the same. Here's my vent:

I've been checking out the dining board occasionally lately to get updates on Disney's online reservation system nightmare, and have noticed that there seems to be a small group of people that are dramatically opposed to "double booking" and will try to take down anyone who does it. Well, I understand their point of view and agree with it to some level, but there is no rule against double-booking and Disney's website is specifically programmed to allow it. It lets you know when you've booked two ADRs in the same window, but accepts it. There are rumors that Disney will be changing their policy and no longer allowing it, but those are just rumors.

I understand that someone who books 4 ADRs for one night's dinner, because they don't know which park they'll be in, and doesn't cancel their unused ones might be told they are "cheating" the system and other guests. However, I had an ADR in place, then a new restaurant opened that we preferred, but we got a bad time slot. So, I asked which to cancel because I only intended to keep one, but it was a tough decision. The first response to my question decided to tag their post with a one sentence lecture about how I should quit double-booking and cheating others, etc. Geez, chill out, person!

I have to say that I'm very non-confrontational and not used to being attacked. I thought about whether or not I should respond. But, you can't just let someone make you out to be a "cheater" and accept it. So, I wrote a very brief and non-argumentative response to clarify the situation and that the whole reason I was posting was to cancel one of the ADRs so someone else could get it. I also mentioned that La Hacienda was still available at the time we had, so our having taken it wasn't stopping someone else from taking that time.

Anyway, after that fun, I went on Disney's site to make another attempt to get La Hacienda at a later time. (I should mention, while I was over on the dining board, I noticed a thread-with pictures-talking about how La Hacienda had great views of Illuminations.) I had no luck getting anything except 7:15pm to come up. Then, I remembered hearing once on a podcast that sometimes different party sizes will be given different options. So, I tried 3 instead of 2. And there were more times open! I checked 2 again, still just 7:15pm. 4 people, 5 people, 6 people, they all had multiple good times available. But nothing for a party of 2? Clearly, La Hacienda was not even close to capacity that night.

So, I called Disney Dining. The CM got the same thing I did. We both agreed that it was strange that we weren't allowed to eat later than 7:15pm unless we made some new friends and brought them to dinner with us. :lmao: Luckily, this CM was loaded up on pixie dust pixiedust: and was able to work some Disney magic. She made me promise not to tell anyone how she did it, but she got us exactly what we wanted: an ADR for 2 people at 8:00pm at La Hacienda. She even offered to put in a note that this trip was to celebrate our 5th anniversary. Nice! Once that was secured, I had her cancel our Rose & Crown ADR.

So, after that success, I went back to post the update on that dining thread. And I found that the moderator had commented and then shut it down. Too bad, since now nobody there will know the happy ending. :rolleyes1

Anyway, just had to share that drama. I won't link to the thread, but I'm sure you can find it if you're curious.

But, the good news: we now have La Hacienda for Illuminations! :woohoo:

I have other things I want to write about, but I'll save them for another post.

Wow! How nuts!! I kinda wish I'd checked out the Restaurant board now..:rolleyes1 I'll come clean. I double book stuff when we're doing longer trips quite a bit. I think that's really how you have to play it to get what you really want, and I know we're not the only ones! I do ALWAYS cancel unwanted ADRs so it's not like we're just skipping out on one and leaving someone else without dinner. The early bird gets the worm, right? :laughing: Don't let 'em bug ya. :goodvibes

That is too weird about the options for bigger parties, but I've seen it before. We have had no luck for a party of four, but larger was open? :confused3 A part of me was tempted to take one and say the rest of us were sick at the resort or something. Don't worry. I didn't go that far! I'm glad you got some pixie dust and the time you wanted now! :banana:

Wow! How nuts!! I kinda wish I'd checked out the Restaurant board now..:rolleyes1 I'll come clean. I double book stuff when we're doing longer trips quite a bit. I think that's really how you have to play it to get what you really want, and I know we're not the only ones! I do ALWAYS cancel unwanted ADRs so it's not like we're just skipping out on one and leaving someone else without dinner. The early bird gets the worm, right? :laughing: Don't let 'em bug ya. :goodvibes

That is too weird about the options for bigger parties, but I've seen it before. We have had no luck for a party of four, but larger was open? :confused3 A part of me was tempted to take one and say the rest of us were sick at the resort or something. Don't worry. I didn't go that far! I'm glad you got some pixie dust and the time you wanted now! :banana:
Thank you so much for letting me know I'm not the only one! :goodvibes I totally agree that the early bird gets the worm. That's why we had the good time at Rose & Crown...we'd booked it a long time ago. I know I shouldn't let this bug me, but it's been in the back of my mind all day...hopefully it will go away now that I've vented a bit.

Strangely enough, I noticed some threads on the dining boards where people DID book ADRs for more people than they had (planning to show up with fewer and make an excuse) and none of them got lectured for anything! Apparently, that practice is a-okay! :confused:

Anyway, I noticed in your signature that it looks like you have a new TR going! :yay::yay::yay: I'm so excited, I'm going over there next!

Wow people are way too tense! :scared1:

Disney is supposed to be fun. I don't understand why people feel the need to lecture others on and get all stressed out over things that in the end don't really matter.

Glad everything worked out and I can't wait to hear about la Hacienda. :thumbsup2

Wow people are way too tense! :scared1:

Disney is supposed to be fun. I don't understand why people feel the need to lecture others on and get all stressed out over things that in the end don't really matter.

Glad everything worked out and I can't wait to hear about la Hacienda. :thumbsup2
I agree, some people are too tense! If they're going to be that way, though, could they please just direct their attention to the "serious offenders"? :confused3

Anyway, I hope La Hacienda is great. I'm so excited to hopefully have some good Mexican food at WDW! Not to mention the view...

So, there are some random thoughts that run through my mind about things we should do during this trip. I don't want to forget them, so I decided to do a post to gather my thoughts. Here's what I've been thinking about:

*We have to go to Innoventions and get our Disney Visa photo taken! We've made two unsuccessful attempts at this before (closed/really long line), but we're in Epcot most of this trip, so we should be able to do it. (As a side note, the Disney Visa is mine, but Dug just got an offer in the mail for one that will give him $150 Disney dollars just for signing up. I think we'll be doing that. I got $200 for mine.)

*Dug really wanted to see Captain EO more than once on our last trip. :3dglasses So, we need to stroll over there and take in that show again.

*We've never seen the majority of the entertainment around World Showcase. We need to pick up a schedule and see things like the candy lady and the acrobats (we saw the act below, though).
23chairs1.jpg

*We've never heard the Voices of Liberty singing. I hear this is amazing and would like to catch them.

*Must wash down various F&W snacks at Club Cool (with the Fanta!)
P1030363.jpg

*I love my boat rides, so we've got to get on the ones in both Mexico and Norway at least once.

*I've been reading the Kingdom Keepers series of books and I'm currently on the third one, which takes place largely in Epcot. I'll have to be on the lookout for some of the places they went. (I found out about these books through other peoples' TRs. It's a kids' book series (3 so far) and they take place in WDW. Pretty fun to read, if you're looking for something new.)

*We've gotta at least wander through the new Caramel store in Germany. Sounds fun!

*We really liked Off Kilter when we caught them in January. Must find some good foods and sit and watch Off Kilter perform. We'd also like to watch British Invasion too, as we haven't seen them perform yet.
EPOffKilter.jpg

*Okay, I know this one is crazy talk with all the food we're scheduled to consume, but I've seen a gelato booth outside of Italy and the BC sells gelato and I really like gelato...

That's all that's coming to mind for now, but I feel like I'm forgetting something. Anyone have any suggestions on anything else we should catch in World Showcase (or Future World)?

10 days until we leave! :cool1:

*Okay, I know this one is crazy talk with all the food we're scheduled to consume, but I've seen a gelato booth outside of Italy and the BC sells gelato and I really like gelato...

:lmao: You crack me up!

Loving your plans! We haven't managed to do some of this stuff either. I love TRs. I can read yours' and make Epcot plans for me! :rolleyes1

The Voices of Liberty are really great. I do hope you get to see them this time.

I might've checked your post history to see this closed thread just now.. Was it really that short?? :confused3 I must be missing something because I don't see much of a reason to shut it down that quick. I'm with the PP, tooo tense around here sometimes! It's amazing what gets by on the theme parks board. Yours' was so tame and hardly a fight to me!

Now hurry up and take your trip already! I wanna read about it! :rotfl:

Your trip sounds like so much fun. You guys are going to have to fast a couple days beforehand so you are good and hungry when you get there!:lmao:

I just checked on my ADRs this morning and all of mine are there now. I don't know when they showed up because I hadn't checked on them in a couple of days.

The kingdom keepers books that you mentioned, do you think the would be interesting to an 11 year old girl? DD has to read every night for 20 minutes so we are always looking for something good for her to read.

:lmao: You crack me up!

Loving your plans! We haven't managed to do some of this stuff either. I love TRs. I can read yours' and make Epcot plans for me! :rolleyes1

The Voices of Liberty are really great. I do hope you get to see them this time.
What, was something funny? :lmao:

You are more than welcome to borrow some Epcot plans from us! And once our Year of Disney is done, I'll have to live vicariously through your TR!

I mentioned the Voices of Liberty to Dug last night and he really wants to see them too, so we've gotta make sure that happens!

I might've checked your post history to see this closed thread just now.. Was it really that short?? :confused3 I must be missing something because I don't see much of a reason to shut it down that quick. I'm with the PP, tooo tense around here sometimes! It's amazing what gets by on the theme parks board. Yours' was so tame and hardly a fight to me!
Yes, it really was that short and tame! :confused: I think the mod saw the direction that it was potentially headed and just wanted to shut it down before it went there. I know that I saw some other posts where people started off by saying seemingly innocent things like "I don't know which resort I'm staying at yet, so I have two sets of ADRs until I know for sure" and "I have a back-up ADR depending on how the weather forecast looks a week out" and both of those got somewhat attacked by people saying that the resort you're staying at has nothing to do with your ADRs :-)confused3 do these people know they're on the Dis?) and is no excuse to cheat others out of ADRs and the weather is not an excuse to double-book, etc. In a way, I'm glad the mod shut it down because I'd rather not have a whole gaggle of self-proclaimed ADR police attack me. However, I wish it hadn't been closed so quickly. I asked a question, got a comment, tried to diffuse the tension, the got shut down. I would have liked to at least post the resolution. It was only a few minutes later. I PM'ed the mod at that time about it, but never heard anything back. Oh, well. I'll just stay here in the nice, comfy TR boards!

Now hurry up and take your trip already! I wanna read about it! :rotfl:
I can't wait to go! I need a vacation!

Your trip sounds like so much fun. You guys are going to have to fast a couple days beforehand so you are good and hungry when you get there!:lmao:
Maybe I should just stop eating after we gain that hour in the Daylight Saving time change next weekend! Then I should be ready for F&W, right? :rotfl2:

I just checked on my ADRs this morning and all of mine are there now. I don't know when they showed up because I hadn't checked on them in a couple of days.
:yay: for ADRs showing up! I just checked and not a single one of ours is online yet. Even when trying to retrieve them with the confirmation numbers, it can't pull anything up. I'm sure glad I called about them.

The kingdom keepers books that you mentioned, do you think the would be interesting to an 11 year old girl? DD has to read every night for 20 minutes so we are always looking for something good for her to read.
Absolutely! I think they would be a great read for her, although after the first book, she may never look at It's a Small World the same again. :rolleyes1 They're by Ridley Pearson and there are three in the series (and I think plans to write more). They're essentially about a group of kids that have to save the WDW parks from the villains. A fun read!

Your Epcot must do's look great! :thumbsup2 Definitely try to catch the Voices of Liberty, they are fantastic!

I always walk by Off Kilter when they are playing, and for some reason, I never stop to listen to them! :confused3 British Invasion are really good, it's fun hanging out in the garden behind England and listening to them, they play a good variety of songs!

I have to check out these Kingdom Keepers books! :)

Your Epcot must do's look great! :thumbsup2 Definitely try to catch the Voices of Liberty, they are fantastic!

I always walk by Off Kilter when they are playing, and for some reason, I never stop to listen to them! :confused3 British Invasion are really good, it's fun hanging out in the garden behind England and listening to them, they play a good variety of songs!

I have to check out these Kingdom Keepers books! :)
I'm really looking forward to the Voices of Liberty now! I'm assuming there's a schedule available that day at Epcot to show when they're performing? Just want to make sure we don't miss them again.

Stop and enjoy Off Kilter for a bit, if you get the chance. They're pretty fun. I only saw the tail end of their act, but Dug got to see quite a bit more (the day I was sick in January) and he really loved it. Of course, he loves bagpipes and kilts, but still...

I think British Invasion will be cool. We heard them briefly (and saw them at a distance) once, but I really look forward to sitting back there (with some yummy F&W stuff) and enjoying them.

Yes, check out the Kingdom Keepers books. I just finished the third one today and hope there will be more soon!

Only one week until we're landing at MCO! party:

I can't believe it took me until today to realize that I should look for F&W info on the Disney Food Blog! Best resource I've found so far...reviews, pics of food, and pics of menus all in the same place! I'm mentally ranking and refining all my selections. So much food, so little time...

In other trip-planning news, apparently we've reached a frequent-Disney-tripper level of complacency. Not getting around to things we probably should have already taken care of. No clue who's watching the dog...haven't asked anyone yet. Guess I should do that. No clue how we're getting to/from the airport...haven't asked anyone yet...hopefully Dug's sister will help out again. We're eligible to do online check-in now, but haven't yet. We actually haven't even put in room requests yet and I'm hoping it's not too late. I was going to go over that with Dug this evening, but the silly boy has been asleep on the couch next to me all evening!

Well, I guess at least we know what we're eating. :laughing:

I did scour the boards for info on BCV and SAB last night, though. I learned a lot of random stuff. Like, did you know that to get a tube for the lazy river at SAB you have to pay money to rent one? Not a big deal, but who knew?

Anyway, I guess I'll update again when we've gotten our act together, at least a little bit. :rolleyes1

:lmao: This sounds exactly like something I would do, leave everything for the last minute and then run around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to figure everything out. I'm such a procrastinator. Luckily my parents have been in charge of these details, but soon I won't be vacationing with them anymore. Guess I might be in trouble. :rotfl:

Good luck hammering out those details. Though in your defense, food is the most important aspect of this trip.

Only one week until we're landing at MCO! party:

And only 2 weeks until I can start reading your TR, right? ;)

I can't believe it took me until today to realize that I should look for F&W info on the Disney Food Blog! Best resource I've found so far...reviews, pics of food, and pics of menus all in the same place! I'm mentally ranking and refining all my selections. So much food, so little time...?

I spent a lot of time on the Disney food blog last night too. I skipped the F&W entries though, no sense torturing myself with something I can't have.

I was dreaming of dining plan credits last night. I was giving some kind of lecture to my kids about the proper use of snack credits...:guilty: I obviously need to get a life.

In other trip-planning news, apparently we've reached a frequent-Disney-tripper level of complacency. Not getting around to things we probably should have already taken care of. No clue who's watching the dog...haven't asked anyone yet. Guess I should do that. No clue how we're getting to/from the airport...haven't asked anyone yet...hopefully Dug's sister will help out again. We're eligible to do online check-in now, but haven't yet. We actually haven't even put in room requests yet and I'm hoping it's not too late. I was going to go over that with Dug this evening, but the silly boy has been asleep on the couch next to me all evening!?

Yes, you have reached the complacent stage. I already have my cat care arrangements made. Transportation to the airport is still up in the air but I have a few ideas. Now if I could only book some decent airfares I'd be all set.

Any talk of renewing the APs? Can you renew and get 15 months for the price of 12?

Like, did you know that to get a tube for the lazy river at SAB you have to pay money to rent one? Not a big deal, but who knew?

See, little stuff like that makes me crazy. Didn't they get enough money out of you for the room? They have to charge to use a blow up tube? Call me cheap, but even at a bounce back discount those rooms are expensive, least they could do is let their guests use a tube for free. GRRRRR.

:lmao: This sounds exactly like something I would do, leave everything for the last minute and then run around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to figure everything out. I'm such a procrastinator. Luckily my parents have been in charge of these details, but soon I won't be vacationing with them anymore. Guess I might be in trouble. :rotfl:

Good luck hammering out those details. Though in your defense, food is the most important aspect of this trip.
Ah, I think you'll be okay! :goodvibes And, yes, food is the focus of this trip. I'm seriously thinking about making an actual "touring plan" for food. :idea:

And only 2 weeks until I can start reading your TR, right? ;)
Probably something like that! I love writing these things!

I spent a lot of time on the Disney food blog last night too. I skipped the F&W entries though, no sense torturing myself with something I can't have.

I was dreaming of dining plan credits last night. I was giving some kind of lecture to my kids about the proper use of snack credits...:guilty: I obviously need to get a life.
The Disney Food Blog is fun. I'd only briefly looked at it prior to discovering the F&W treasure trove, but now I'm dying to go back and look at more!

That's hilarious about the dining credit dream! :rotfl:

Yes, you have reached the complacent stage. I already have my cat care arrangements made. Transportation to the airport is still up in the air but I have a few ideas. Now if I could only book some decent airfares I'd be all set.
Wow, you're way ahead of us. We have a "probably, but haven't verified yet" on the cat care. Well, at least since you've got the cat taken care of, you have more time to spend stalking airfares. :rolleyes:

Any talk of renewing the APs? Can you renew and get 15 months for the price of 12?
I think that 15 month thing is just for Florida residents. Either way, no plans to renew the APs. :sad2: We made a very conscious decision to do a Year of Disney and that year is drawing to a close. There are other places we want to go and our travel budget is limited. Although, we both want to go back once the Fantasyland expansion is complete...maybe 2013? And maybe squeeze in a Disneyland trip sometime before that? Time will tell...

See, little stuff like that makes me crazy. Didn't they get enough money out of you for the room? They have to charge to use a blow up tube? Call me cheap, but even at a bounce back discount those rooms are expensive, least they could do is let their guests use a tube for free. GRRRRR.
I know, I can't believe this is the first I'd heard of that. Oh, well, I can dig up $3 for an hour. But unless it's one heck of a wonderful lazy river (which the reviews do not seem to indicate), that one hour is probably all they'll get from us. At least the waterslide is free (so far as I know)! I can't imagine paying rack rate for BCV. Or peak season. Or both. I know it's not cheap, but just over $200/night for a studio (which is our 45% off rate), I can stomach. $400++ a night? :eek: I can't imagine. I think I'd feel like SAB should be reserved for my personal use!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter