Don't miss rides ea. park

peek

Earning My Ears
First timers at Disney in Feb!! We have a 12 yr old and a 8 yr old. Which rides/shows would you reccommend as "don't miss" Thanks for all suggestions!! These boards are so helpful! Pam

On our first trip, our kids were 3 & 5, so we didn't experience a lot of "thrill" rides, but the kid in me LOVED Buzz Lightyear and Splash Mountain!

Oh but, there's so many!! :)

If your children are thrill seekers they will definitely want to ride Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain and maybe Alien Encounter (for your older child - this is pretty scary) at the Magic Kingdom, Test Track and Body Wars at Epcot, Rock N Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror and Star Tours at MGM Studios and Dinosaur and Kali River Rapids at the Animal Kingdom. These are the biggies and most likely the ones your kids are going to want to do the most.

Of course there are so many classic attractions and smaller attractions that they will enjoy as well. Things like Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear at the Magic Kingdom, Muppetvision 3D, Who Wants to Be A Millionaire at MGM Studios, Kilamanjaro Safari and It's Tough To Be A Bug at the Animal Kingdom and Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Cranium Command and Food Rocks at Epcot are all a lot of fun.

We enjoy most of the attractions at Walt Disney World but obviously can't do everything every trip so this is just a sampling of many of our family's favorites.

Enjoy!

:bounce: :bounce:

Instead of trying to second guess my kids I always ask them. Here are their answers for the don't miss rides by age

6 yo (was 5 last trip)
MK: Tea Cups, Buzz Lightyear, Dumbo, Peter Pan, Goofy's Barnstormer, BTMRR, Splash, and she is looking forward to the Flying Carpets.

Epcot: Rio de Tiempo (Mexico ride), Ellen's Energy Show, Spaceship Earth

AK: Kali River Rapids, The train to Conservation Station, Killamanjaro Safari

9yo:
MK: BTMRR, Splash, Space, Goofy's Barnstormer, Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear, Pirates, Tom Sawyer's Island

Epcot: Ditto above plus Body Wars

AK: Ditto above plus going to see the gorrillas

We are doing MGM for the first time and 9 yo is very excited about RnR but not sure about ToT.

As for shows, they all said, "All of them!"

:earsgirl:
36 more days til WDW!!!!!!

Thanks for your feedback! These boards are so helpful planning our first trip. I'll let you know the kids favorites when we return. Best Holiday Wishes to you all. make lots of new memories this year!

Don't miss shows as well. On our first trip we overlooked shows and just hit all the rides. On our third trip we started to hit some of the shows & they were amazing, especially The Lion King show in Animal Kingdom. The Tarzan show there is pretty good too!! The Lion King show is one I would never miss again though and I'm sorry I missed it the first two times. Have fun on your trip. =)

I am very interested in the parades and shows while Dad is very much in to the thrill rides so we will split our time with both. :-) He may prefer to just go on the rides while we watch the parades which is fine. THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!

My 8 year old boy says:

Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Tiki Birds, Test Track, Spaceship Earth, Great Movie Ride, Splash Mountain, Indiana Jones, Fantasmic, the Muppets and Star Tours.

This child (me!) would like to add Buzz Lightyear, Rock and Roller Coaster (if brave) and the Safari. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter