Don't stop believing... "Major change 6/23 The Circle of Life"

:banana::banana::banana: Glad to see you started your PTR, Tracy! I love hearing about your and Bill's adventures, and the ups and downs of your Disney vacations. I haven't been to WDW in 5 years :sad2:, but I hope to go back before too long. Your P/TRs fill the void in the meantime! :cool1:

Hi
greenwave.gif
, I am Tracy. Lately you could call me the trip reporter who cried wolf. I HAD a PTR that was going to cover our trips in May, October, and December of 2010.

Well May got thrown out the window due to obligations in an advocacy group, October got cancelled due to being crazy enough to think we should spend money on two sets of airfare, two sets of dog boarding, two sets of well everything. Our Disney want was outweighed by our real life needs, but we ARE going this year.

We have a pin code and we love the Christmas decorations. Last time we were in WDW was November 2009 and we are really missing our Happy Place. We need to go for our mental health and well being, seriously. Oh, and we will be celebrating my birthday something we have never done in Disney.

So if you will give me one last chance
beggingpleasesmiley.gif
, I promise there will be a real PTR, one that will stay here. The only changes I see this time would be ADR changes and heck who doesn’t do that?

Oh, I seem to have a theme with my trip installments a lot and this time is no different. We picked 80’s song titles/lyrics. So now you know it, we are odd.
It’s introduction time, aren’t you happy? I am hoping I will have some readers (besides Toni
4LOL.gif
) and I figured I should just introduce us yet again.

Me, Tracy (sound like a caveman don’t I
tantrumwithstick.gif
) 40,
“super pooh sized”, computer addicted, I have a silly sense of humor, and most of all I’m Walt Disney World obsessed. This will be my 8th Disney trip.

Him, Bill, very intelligent, has Cerebral Palsy and uses in a motorized wheelchair. He has a wicked sense of humor and has become addicted to MLB The Show on PS3 lately. This will be Bill’s 13th Disney trip. Here we are in trips through the years:

Feb. 2006, my first trip, we stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter, my son was with us and took the picture:

BillandTracy.jpg

Nov. 2006, 2nd trip: I can’t find one picture of us together. This was before the DIS and I never thought about asking someone to take a picture for us:
scared07.gif

Nov. 2007, 3rd trip:

BillandTracyepcot.jpg

June 2008, 4th trip:

8fde7ffb.jpg

Oct. 2008, 5th trip:

BillTracyDopey.jpg

Nov. 2008, 6th trip:

WDW11-08717.jpg

Nov. 2009, 7th trip:

Image0289.jpg

Lastly is Ace. He is our 5 year old Jack Russell/Rat Terrier furbaby. He hates storms, tries to attack power windows and windshield wipers in the van, and loves us unconditionally. There is not a day that goes by when we don’t have an “aww” moment looking at him. We love this dog so much more than I can ever express. Here are some pictures of him:

b698.jpg

He hides out under the table when he is scared:

1Aceundertable.jpg

Proof that he is belongs with us:

Acemickeyhead.jpg

Next installment… when, where, and the start of the madness

The Castle has always been enchanting to me. To me it signifies dreams, hopes, believing, and magic. Every time we watch Wishes, I am immediately taken back to the very first time Bill and I watched it. Seeing the Castle with the fireworks going off and hearing the crowd react gives me goosebumps to this day. I can remember watching it and tears streaming down my face because I was THERE, I was actually in WDW, something I never thought would happen. Then they added the lights to the Castle, we were there the first night they did it. We were in awe, amazed and many other words.

Bill and I can’t get enough of it so we decided since there was only one trip this year we had to make sure to go at a time when we could see this again:

WDW11-08172.jpg

When and where, split stay:

WildernessLodge_2079.jpg
and
logo-Pop_Century2.jpg

November 28th – December 7th Wilderness Lodge: We were going to go in December but moved up a couple of days because that is when oregonmommy and oregondaddy are going to be there
dancegirl3.gif
7cb7bf46.gif
. This is Bill’s dream resort for Christmas, he really wanted to go here and since we only have one set of vacation things to pay instead of two and we have a 40% off pin code why not? We are doing regular dining and getting Bill an AP (I already have one).

We thought about deluxe dining, but for 9 nights that is 54 credits
7.gif
. I love Bill too pieces but the man eats s l o w l y, we would be spending all our time in restaurants. So after we got that out of our head Bill wouldn’t let go of the thought that we would not be in Disney for my birthday. So he said why don’t we use the money would have had to have for the upgrade the dining to stay at Pop for a couple of nights? Hmmm
confused2.gif
, staying more days in Disney, would I pass that up???

December 7th – December 10th Pop Century: To get the 40% off at the Wilderness Lodge we had to buy a package, but with Pop we can do the room and dining only because of my AP
dance.gif
. Now Disney usually gives AP holders some type of discount that will be released later this year so we decided to upgrade the dining to deluxe for these three nights. Why. you might ask? That is for another installment, the one that includes the ADR’s we want to try to get.

There you have it, the dates we are going and the places we are staying, neither will change. I have everything budgeted out, we are way ahead with money compared to if we would have taken both trips. I am very sad to let go of the Ip Dip trip, they have all been so wonderfully understanding and supportive of our decision and I cherish all of them. I would have been a mess with panicking about money and I won’t do that anymore. We had enough for both trips but I don’t want to touch savings or worry about possibly having to do so. This just gives me better piece of mind.

Next installment…what happens when two OCDish Disney obsessed planners get together?

WOW.... Wilderness Lodge... Did you change to that resort cause you read we were going to be there? ;)

We don't mind at all... :thumbsup2

You have no idea how excited we are to meet you and Bill in person... The thought of meeting you two just made this trip so much better...

HI Tracy! Just subbing in. I knew you'd have something going on, and I certainly don't want to miss out on it!!

Hope we can get to "know" one another better over the next months :)

HI Tracy! Just subbing in. I knew you'd have something going on, and I certainly don't want to miss out on it!!

Hi, thanks for joining in. I thought the best way of getting over a trip we aren't taking is to talk about the one we are.

I hope to get to know you better too!

Hi, thanks for joining in. I thought the best way of getting over a trip we aren't taking is to talk about the one we are.

I hope to get to know you better too!

That's a great way to look at it!! You seem like a glass is half full kind of person!!

That's a great way to look at it!! You seem like a glass is half full kind of person!!

Oh Bill is the half full kind of person, I am the half empty but trying to change :goodvibes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter