Don't understand. Please explain...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIALIAS

Mouseketeer
love Disney and like Star Wars just fine...

But at HS and the parade with the storm troopers coming up the street with pounding aggressive music (scary to young ones) seems very militaristic as they march in sync (similar to our enemies)
They are the bad guys right?

What is the attraction to all this??

Don't get it.

And doesn't seem to fit into what Disney is all about.

Am I just missing something?

When we were there, we didn't see i single kid that was scared, in fact they loved it. Saw more scared kids of what a mascot looks like up close. We felt it just brings the magic of the movies to life. To us Disney isn't always always about the heroes but also about the villains.

oh my - I am a 44 year old woman and not even "into" Star Wars and I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED that march! It was a surprise to me as I haven't been to HS in a very long time and it was amazing! Just fascinating. They march every hour and the rest of the day whenever I heard that music I just got so happy for some reason. :)

What is the attraction to all this??

Don't get it.

Disney has different themes, park to park. So while that might not work in the Magic Kingdom, it definitely has a place in Hollywood Studios. The march of the Stormtroopers was really cool! And while I could see the music having the potential to frighten a child with loud music/loud noise aversions, I don't think the music was any louder than any of the typical parades.

Thankfully, (I say this as a 28 year old, childless--unless you count my dog--, Disney-obsessed woman), Disney isn't all about appealing to kids. The parks all have things for children AND adults. I think that's where Star Wars comes into play. Bringing back Star Wars to the newer generation is going to stir up a whole new age of interest. (I was always a Star Trek fan. So I'm new.) Having something for everyone is awesome. But you could always avoid those marches in the future by knowing what time they're typically on the move and being in a different part of the park! :)

The music and Storm Troopers are a big part of Star Wars. I beg to differ about the Storm Troopers being bad, (fan of the Darkside). Them marching is almost like the military marching down your street during a parade.

It was a favorite experience our last trip in November. The little kids were really into it. The march stops and Captain Phasma addresses kids in the crowd, telling them to watch their step and stuff. Very cool. After one march, we saw a couple storm troopers come out and take a 7-8 year old boy aside for questioning. It was awesome! The kid and his family went along with the storm troopers and I'm sure he got some sort of gift or treat. Loved it!

We will be a group of 3 adults this year and we are SO excited to see this! We love Star Wars and I personally love villains. Think this will be a great addition to the streetmosphere that HS seems to have been lacking a bit lately.

And I would take it over the High School Musical show ANY DAY! :scared: Talk about scary!! No escaping that one, you could hear it all over the park....

You don't like Star Wars or haven't seen it if you don't know about the Storm Troopers and the emperial March.

Disney now owns Star Wars and makes the new movies, so it fits perfectly.

And they are bad guys. Villains are just as important as Heroes

You don't like Star Wars or haven't seen it if you don't know about the Storm Troopers and the emperial March.

Disney now owns Star Wars and makes the new movies, so it fits perfectly.

And they are bad guys. Villains are just as important as Heroes

If anything the Episode 7 showed us that not all Storm Troopers are bad guys. They just don't know any better.

The problem with this statement is Disney is not just one thing. There are slow attractions, fast attractions, attractions for the whole family, attractions geared toward little kids, attractions geared toward thrill seekers. Things for people who love princesses, things for people who don't like princesses. Things for people who are super nostalgic, things for people who are on the cutting edge. Things for people who love heroes, things for people who just might prefer villains. Things for people who like Star Wars, things for people who don't like Star Wars.

Best not to reduce Disney down to a stereotypical kids-only princess-heavy experience. You miss so much of what makes it great!

oh my - I am a 44 year old woman and not even "into" Star Wars and I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED that march! It was a surprise to me as I haven't been to HS in a very long time and it was amazing! Just fascinating. They march every hour and the rest of the day whenever I heard that music I just got so happy for some reason. :)

I'm a 58 year old woman and I loved it too. I like Star Wars, but I wouldn't say I'm a super fan. We just returned from our trip and it was something I looked forward to seeing every time we were at HS. The kids all seemed to love it, especially the young girl dressed as Rey.

The Stormtroopers interact with guests and especially the kids throughout the day inside the Animation Courtyard. They are very funny at times. I have not observed kids being afraid of them, and I would have by now. I think they're a great guest experience. As for the music, I believe it's very dramatic and is appropriate for the event.

I love the storm troopers marching. I can't wait to go back at the end of the month so my husband can see it. He stayed back at the hotel last trip and missed it. He loves Star Wars, and seeing the storm troopers march in military formation will make him go all fan girl for a few minutes.
Different things appeal to different people, if marching storm troopers is not your thing, then plan to be in a different part of the park at that time.

Guess I'm in the minority. And for the people who enjoy it more power to you.

I like villains too and would love to see a parade of them. But faceless group of 10 or 20 or 30 (wonder at what number is the most joyful) just don't see it.

Maybe having seen too many history channel clips of crowds cheering synchronized faceless soldiers that it freaks me out a little to see crowds cheering this.

Anyway we had fun in all the parks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter