Dont use magnet printer paper

cujochurch

DIS Veteran
just back from cruise on wonder. Dont use the magnetic printer paper! It is not strong enough for the doors. I used the printer paper and printed all my magnets on it. The edges curl up almost immediately and during the week they slid down door and fell off continually. I even used the extra from cutting out to glue on back of my pluto that was to go around my stateroom number. That wasnt strong enough to stick at all!! So I suggest laminating magnets and gluing on stronger magnets from Michaels.

Just thought I would pass along my experience. The magnets stick to the inside of the door,. I think it was to many coats of paint on outside to stick enough.

just back from cruise on wonder. Dont use the magnetic printer paper! It is not strong enough for the doors. I used the printer paper and printed all my magnets on it. The edges curl up almost immediately and during the week they slid down door and fell off continually. I even used the extra from cutting out to glue on back of my pluto that was to go around my stateroom number. That wasnt strong enough to stick at all!! So I suggest laminating magnets and gluing on stronger magnets from Michaels.

Just thought I would pass along my experience. The magnets stick to the inside of the door,. I think it was to many coats of paint on outside to stick enough.

I know on our Wonder cruises, some of our magnets didn't stick so well. And it was a "how many layers of paint" issue. I generally use the adhesive magnetic sheets from Michaels and don't have a problem, except for some of the smaller magnets. The larger ones (with more surface area) seem to work OK.

:cutie:

I wonder if you could buy the magnetic frames and then just print out the graphics and 'frame' them. Not sure that the magnetic frames would be much thicker but they are pretty strong. I have the plain ones from Walgreens that you just slip a photo in and they stay stuck on everything we've tried them on.

Can I ask which brand you used? We have done okay before with ours, but some we have gotten as FEE gifts didn't stick so well. I typically get the Avery

I used Avery and Office Depot. I believe it was due to layers of paint on door as they would all stick on the inside of the door, just not the outside.

You mean that the ones that I printed on magnet paper and used on my last Dream cruise weren't staying on the door for the whole cruise? Or there was some other force sticking them to the door? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter