Don't worry if you miss ________. It will be there next trip.

DizBelle

DIS Veteran
Right.... That's what I thought in 1995 when I didn't get to see World of Motion. 1996 - no more World of Motion.

What's the attraction you never got to see?

I missed Maelstrom! We went in 2014 (for the first time since 07; longer than that for Epcot, even) and didn't get to it; I said "it's okay, we'll catch it on the next trip." NO. Hmph.

I'm still on the bitter bus on this one - Jedi Training Academy and fighting Darth Vader was the reason we booked this trip for this year. And now our son will miss it. We're going in November, and Darth will be gone.

Maelstrom. :( We tried to ride it in 2013, but it broke down while we were in the fastpass line. We never ended up making it back by, but figured we'd just hit it next time. You all know the end of that story...

Last trip we went in One Man's Dream for the first time, but I wasn't feeling well, so didn't fully explore it, figuring I'd really spend some time there next time. Not looking good for me there either...

For our next trip, we are assessing everything we have not done yet and are going to go out of our way to make sure we hit anything that we'd regret missing were it to close between our trips. Not getting burned again!

Studio Backlot Tour, it wasn't a high priority for me on either of our last trips, but I figured we'd do on our next trip.... nope. We did do One Man's Dream in 2009, but I was hoping to do it again in Nov. since the kids are older and understand more, it doesn't look good for me on that on either.

I came to this thread thinking that I don't have any of these thoughts... I see what I see, I miss what I miss.

But the Osborn Lights hit a nerve. I hadn't thought of that one, and your right, I'll never get the chance now. (and we are going in late Jan and missing it by only a few weeks.)

Osborne Lights. But we did get to see the Lights of Winter in Epcot many times, sad to see them go.

There isn't much I haven't gotten to ride at Disney World, having gone since the late 70's... But, for some reason I cannot recall having gone on the old Figment. I'm sure I did, I went in the summer of '83, when it opened... I just don't recall riding it back then. Then in my young adult trips, I'm sure Figment didn't appeal to me, so I may not have noticed or rode it... and as a parent going with little ones, I love the new ride (despite having watched the youtube videos on how it's been shortened and thinking the old version looks less appealing). So I truly don't have a comparison when people say how awful the new Figment ride is compared to the old, cuz we love the new one as is. Also helps to that I'm an Eric Idle fan, so I love having him narrate.

I'm still on the bitter bus on this one - Jedi Training Academy and fighting Darth Vader was the reason we booked this trip for this year. And now our son will miss it. We're going in November, and Darth will be gone.

Same! Bitter, party of 2 ;)

There was a troupe of acrobats called Kristos (sp) or something like that , performed at Epcot Future World. We strolled past them several times, each time out in the baking sun so we decided to catch them 'later', which never came.

Bill From PA

The Animation Academy. We ran out of time, and didn't get there... but who'd think they'd take that away? No worries.

Oh well... I'm rubbish at drawing. Just wanted to try!

I only have really vague memories of it as a kid and probably thought it was boring, but I wish I could have really seen/remembered Horizons

Animation Academy. But thank goodness I have a trip planned for next month to Disneyland - they still have it there! I'm going to have to go a couple of times, at least.

Someone else mentioned One Man's Dream. I saw it on my last trip for the first time, and was with someone who wasn't particularly interested in "museums" (her words!).:) So I wasn't able to spend nearly the amount of time I wanted to looking at the exhibits, and didn't even get to stay and see the movie! I'm so sorry I didn't get more time to look at everything.

Animation Academy. But thank goodness I have a trip planned for next month to Disneyland - they still have it there! I'm going to have to go a couple of times, at least.

They had this on the Disney Dream in July ... so if you missed it @ WDW, book a Disney cruise! That said, I'm bummed it's not at HS anymore.

This is ours, too. We were just there in June, my 5 year old was finally ready, and I told him not this time because we'd just do it in October instead. He said it's OK, but I'm still kicking myself. We have some pretty awesome pictures of our daughter fighting Vader through the years, and it makes me so, so sad to think our son will never, ever have that. A M&G doesn't take the place of JTA. It's just not the same.

Is Jedi training gone? Or changed to no Vader? We did it about a year or two ago and I hadn't heard about any changes yet.

Is Jedi training gone? Or changed to no Vader? We did it about a year or two ago and I hadn't heard about any changes yet.

It's going to be closed October 4th-December 1st and the rumor is that when it returns it will be without Vader, who is being moved to a Disney Visa M&G instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter