Donuts

Toonses

A little nonsense now and then...
My aunt loves donuts, and I was wondering what the best place for them might be? She’d been looking forward to donut box and was disappointed in the reviews. Also we’d want to restrict locations to the parks/Disney Springs/boardwalk/monorail line please, as anywhere else would be a PITA for transportation. Thanks!

If you are thinking of doughnuts like Dunkin' or Krispy Kreme, you won't find them anywhere. Otherwise, the Starbucks and Joffrey locations do sell a couple of doughnuts. They are all overly iced with lots of crap on them. Or loaded onto a milkshake.

You might find boxed donuts in the shop at your resort. I’ve seen Entenmann’s for sale. That’s probably not what you’re looking for though.

If you are thinking of doughnuts like Dunkin' or Krispy Kreme, you won't find them anywhere. Otherwise, the Starbucks and Joffrey locations do sell a couple of doughnuts. They are all overly iced with lots of crap on them. Or loaded onto a milkshake.
Yeah, I agree with this comment. There just isn't a great donut place where the OP is looking. I don't recall ever having a memorable donut at WDW

My son loves the plain glazed large donuts from the Joffrey vans. Also the tusker house used to have Krispy kreme holes at its breakfast buffet about 3 years ago, so hoping they are still there.

Agree with others that donuts are sadly pretty missing in the world. My daughter is a donut fiend and while she enjoys the huge Joffrey's ones they aren't anything special. If you expand your notion of a donut two things I'd recommend in Epcot. First is the cronut (or what they call the croissant donut). It's moved around lately but last I heard it was at the Electric Umbrella. Also the school bread in Norway is very donut like and filled with a wonderful custard.

...However, the best doughnut (of sorts) is going to be the Mickey Shaped Beignets made fresh to order at Port Orleans French Quarter.
Oh, no. Those are horrible if you have ever eaten the real thing from New Orleans. They are not light and airy and Disney is very stingy with the powdered sugar.

Thank you everyone for the great info! I'm honestly not much of a doughnut eater, but I will admit I was planning on getting the school bread. I'm a total sucker for custard filling... yummm. lol I think we'll probably stick to options at Kringla, since I suspect it will give her what she's really looking for on that point. Also we've got reservations at Homecomin' for brunch on one day, and linner (lunch/dinner) on another day, so I figure she can order them there if she wants. :) This really was a bunch of awesome info! Thank you all so much!

I remember there being donut holes on the breakfast buffet at Tusker House last year. They were similar to Krispy Kreme. Not sure if they're still there.

Oh, no. Those are horrible if you have ever eaten the real thing from New Orleans. They are not light and airy and Disney is very stingy with the powdered sugar.
I've had the real thing many times and still thoroughly enjoy the ones at POFQ, to each their own.

Not the answer you're looking for due to the restrictions on where you've asked for them, but if you're dead set on doughnuts it might be worth a drive/Uber to Universal Citywalk and buy a box of Voodoo Doughnuts.

Love them personally.

Not the answer you're looking for due to the restrictions on where you've asked for them, but if you're dead set on doughnuts it might be worth a drive/Uber to Universal Citywalk and buy a box of Voodoo Doughnuts.

Love them personally.
The best answer! Didn’t know there was one there until recently! Can’t wait to try them on a future trip.

The fried-to-order mini doughnuts at the Blizzard Beach Joffrey's stand are addictive as hell. And the already-mentioned croissant doughnut (Cronut is a registered trademark) at Canada in Epcot has a lot of fans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter