Dopey 2015 Official Thread

is it NOON yet??!!! ready to sign up. TAKE MY MONEY, DISNEY!!
I know! I've had a reminder set on my phone for weeks! :)
Please leave some spots open for those of us that have to wait until next week to register :)
I'm pretty sure there are a limited number of AP/DVC spots so that there are some left over for non-APs/DVCs. :)
Quick question. Do Dopey runners only get a Dopey tech shirt, or do you get one for each race? I'm guessing it's only Dopey, but I want one for each! Guess I'll be spending a lot of money at the expo on "I Did it" shirts.
I think (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong) that you get all 6 tech shirts. With Goofy in 2013 I got 3 (half, full and Goofy). :) You almost don't even need to pack, Disney will be outfitting you! :rotfl2:

In the past they have set a side a certain percentage of spots for AP and DVC early registration, not allowing only AP'ers and DVC members to fill the entire race field.

I'm pretty sure there are a limited number of AP/DVC spots so that there are some left over for non-APs/DVCs. :)

Thanks, guys. I was actually joking about taking all of the spots ;) It just feels like all the spots will be gone since everyone on the DIS is either AP or DVC! I feel so left out :laughing:

The Dopey gets six shirts, (5K, 10K, Half, Full, Goofy, Dopey) and the same applies for finishers in regards to medals.

I think (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong) that you get all 6 tech shirts. With Goofy in 2013 I got 3 (half, full and Goofy). :) You almost don't even need to pack, Disney will be outfitting you! :rotfl2:

This is AWESOME! I am seriously going to pack very light this time around! :thumbsup2

This is AWESOME! I am seriously going to pack very light this time around! :thumbsup2

This year I packed a suitcase in a suitcase--having one checked bag on the way down and two checked bags on the way home. Between the New Balance shoes and the shirts it was necessary.

Please leave some spots open for those of us that have to wait until next week to register :)

Quick question. Do Dopey runners only get a Dopey tech shirt, or do you get one for each race? I'm guessing it's only Dopey, but I want one for each! Guess I'll be spending a lot of money at the expo on "I Did it" shirts.

For what you're paying,how could you not get 6 shirts and 6 medals.

For what you're paying,how could you not get 6 shirts and 6 medals.

You will get 6 shirts and 6 medals. My husband did the Goofy this past January and received 3 shirts and 3 medals. For doing the Dopey you get a shirt for each individual race (4), a shirt for Goofy (1), and a shirt for Dopey (1). Same with the medals....

Ok, clearly my shirt question was silly :rotfl:
I knew you got all 6 medals (I wouldn't do Dopey otherwise), but for some reason I really didn't think you got all of the shirts.

Hi all, sorry to come to the party late but can anyone tell me if I still need to have my AP when it comes to race time. I plan on using the windows that opens today to get my race entry but my current AP expires in October and my first trip after that will be for Marathon weekend and it is unlikely that I will have a trip again within the twelve months following that so I don't think I'll be renewing or buying again for a while.
TIA
David

Anyone who hasn't been training/staying-in-good-shape going to start today? Soon? When?

(After running all 2014 Dopey, Tinker Bell, and Princess races, I have had some trouble getting back into training. I start, then slack off. :confused3 I sure could use the camaraderie/motivation of knowing that others are ramping up to start -- and are committing to -- their 2015 Dopey training.)

Thank you :grouphug:

Hi all, sorry to come to the party late but can anyone tell me if I still need to have my AP when it comes to race time. I plan on using the windows that opens today to get my race entry but my current AP expires in October and my first trip after that will be for Marathon weekend and it is unlikely that I will have a trip again within the twelve months following that so I don't think I'll be renewing or buying again for a while.
TIA
David

There is some discussion about this around social media. To me it is a gray area if they require AP's to be shown at packet pick up.

Mine also expires in October, but mine will be renewed prior to the Wine & Dine, so I will have a current one again come Marathon Weekend.

I don't have an issue if they ask for proof of an AP, but it should be made stated when registering (or prior to) to ensure that someone whose pass expires, brings it with them to prove they were an AP holder when they registered.

TIA
David

I'm not sure, but I can add that I registered early as an annual passholder for the 2013 DL 10K. That particular annual pass expired in April 2013, and we ran the DL 10K in August 2013. They did not ask to see my annual pass at the expo. My husband had a valid WDW AP at the time, but he doesn't carry it in his wallet like I do!

Today (in 45 minutes!!!) I'll register early as an annual passholder with my new AP, which will still be valid in January 2015.

Anyone who hasn't been training/staying-in-good-shape going to start today? Soon? When?

(After running all 2014 Dopey, Tinker Bell, and Princess races, I have had some trouble getting back into training. I start, then slack off. :confused3 I sure could use the camaraderie/motivation of knowing that others are ramping up to start -- and are committing to -- their 2015 Dopey training.)

Thank you :grouphug:

I had planned to stay at it until I got pneumonia:sick:. Went to gym today for first time since March just to do my PT for my arthritis which is killing me as well. It will be a slog back in shape for sure but got 7 months till wine and dine/Avengers and 9 till Dopey. It's all good.

Link looks active at DVC but no 5k listed. Going Dopey but kids want to do the 5k as well. Any ideas?

I'm not sure, but I can add that I registered early as an annual passholder for the 2013 DL 10K. That particular annual pass expired in April 2013, and we ran the DL 10K in August 2013. They did not ask to see my annual pass at the expo. My husband had a valid WDW AP at the time, but he doesn't carry it in his wallet like I do!

Today (in 45 minutes!!!) I'll register early as an annual passholder with my new AP, which will still be valid in January 2015.

Question - where can you find the link for the early AP registration? The reason I am asking is when I login to MDE and click the Annual Pass section I "appear" to get a non-annual pass site.

When clicking on my annual pass under MDE I am getting this: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passholder-program/passholder/ and the first box "Make the Most of Your Annual Pass" it states "Log in or create an account".

Question - where can you find the link for the early AP registration? The reason I am asking is when I login to MDE and click the Annual Pass section I "appear" to get a non-annual pass site.

When clicking on my annual pass under MDE I am getting this: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passholder-program/passholder/ and the first box "Make the Most of Your Annual Pass" it states "Log in or create an account".

I called Disney tech support about this yesterday and was told "as long as you are accessing that page from your My Disney Experience account you are logged in".

I won't believe it until I see the link show up somewhere on the site though.

DH and I got in. No 5k link for the kids. Guess I will be doing this again next week. Think I will get my sister up for the 1/2 marathon.

I'm in too. Better work on the training plan for the next 9 months. I've got two halfs in the next few months, a full marathon and the Avengers half in the fall and now Dopey as the finale.

There is some discussion about this around social media. To me it is a gray area if they require AP's to be shown at packet pick up.

Mine also expires in October, but mine will be renewed prior to the Wine & Dine, so I will have a current one again come Marathon Weekend.

I don't have an issue if they ask for proof of an AP, but it should be made stated when registering (or prior to) to ensure that someone whose pass expires, brings it with them to prove they were an AP holder when they registered.

I think that this is a good point, in the event that I haven't renewed or purchased a fresh AP I will carry my expired AP with me when the time comes.

Thanks for the help

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter