Double stroller for older / bigger kids for the parks?

I saw the stroller I rented for the trip at toys R us today:

http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Jogger-D...e=UTF8&qid=1439234329&sr=8-2&keywords=city+GT

It was sooo much roomier than my old jeep double stroller, i'm really happy I rented it for the trip! I never had a $600.00 stroller, it seemed to push really smoothly. (I got the insurance from Kingdom strollers) My son was able to rest his feet on the footrest no problem. I'll post how I liked it after we get back. I'm just happy to have an option for those hot days in the park when they need a break from walking.

I saw the stroller I rented for the trip at toys R us today:

http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Jogger-D...e=UTF8&qid=1439234329&sr=8-2&keywords=city+GT

It was sooo much roomier than my old jeep double stroller, i'm really happy I rented it for the trip! I never had a $600.00 stroller, it seemed to push really smoothly. (I got the insurance from Kingdom strollers) My son was able to rest his feet on the footrest no problem. I'll post how I liked it after we get back. I'm just happy to have an option for those hot days in the park when they need a break from walking.

That's a sweet stroller! How easy is it to fold up? Did you happen to try that out while at the store? How heavy to lift?
Thanks.

I saw the demo online, it looks super easy to fold/carry. (You pull a loop & it folds in half) It's 32 pounds, it feels bulkier than my old jeep one which was super light

Make sure you check the weight limit for the Disney strollers. When we were just there a few weeks ago our 9 yr old got a fever out of nowhere (hadn't been sick in 9 months!) and he'd perk up with medicine but the heat and walking was really wearing on him so I looked into renting a stroller for him and he was over the weight limit by a good 10 lbs I think. Luckily his fever lasted only a day and a half and we just took it very easy and did a half day one of the days.

I wouldn't rent one from a company just yet. If it's absolutely needed I would rent one in the parks if it was needed.

We went in August 2011. DD was 5. We didn't take a stroller or rent one. We decided to just go with the flow and see if she needed one.

Since it was August we hit RD, did midday break at the pool and then back to the a park at night. DD5 never asked for a stroller once.

It was an awesome trip because I didn't have to push a heavy stroller and we also went bagless! I didn't realize how exhausted I was in previous trips with strollers and bags. I had so much more energy that trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter