• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

double stroller

Z

Zipitydooda

After agonizing for weeks we bought an umbrella double stroller for our 4mold and 3 1/2 yold to use on our trip. Anyone have experience using this type of double for these ages?

I guess it depends on the brand you bought. I had the combi side by side umbrella stroller and it was GREAT!!! So light and it folded up great, with completely reclining seats for my infant (4 months) at the time. I didn't want one of the umbrella's that only partially reclined, since he'd need to nap, and wasn't very good at wanting to sit up a lot yet. I went to WDW with my sister before my DS was born and we bought a Kolkraft double stroller together, and I thought it was horrible. It didn't fully recline, was too small for a toddler (ours were 2 1/2 at the time) and the sun shade was awful, if you want to call it that. Also, it got bent by the airlines, since it was so flimsy. It only cost $60, so I guess the addage is true,"You get what you pay for!!" I'd also recommend the Maclaren side by side double stroller. I have used their single stroller, and it is one of the most durable strollers on the market, better than my Combi was, but at the time Maclaren didn't make a double stroller that fully reclines, they do now. I'd buy that stroller in a heartbeat if I needed a double anymore.

does this stroller recline? the baby wont be happy at all in a regualr stroller.

And remember that you cant take the stroller into returaunts. IM thinking that for the 4 mos old you'd be happier with a conversion stroller, that would hold your baby seat, so you can take it into resturaunts.

Just picture your kids crashed out at the mall. Will you preschooler sleep ok in an umbrella? if so Id go with 2 strollers, instead of one. If not, you may want to get a sit and stand, that will hold your baby, in seat up front and your preschooler can stand in back or sit backwards. the standing feature is great if your preschool is going to be hopping on and off.

get a single umbrella and one of those carseat frames, if your worried about bulkiness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter