Double the Anniversaries, Double the Fun! Jan 2013 PTR | TR HAS STARTED! 2/13

danimaroo

DIS Veteran
Hey guys! I am back in action after finishing up my TR for my January 2012 trip, "Norway? More like No Way!" Goobers' Jan 12 TR!

If you're here after reading my TR, welcome, I am SO GLAD you decided to follow me over here for my PTR! :goodvibes

If you're just joining in on this PTR, welllll obviously you get a big ol' welcome, as well! I'm glad you've decided that this PTR might be interesting enough to read about! If you feel like reading my first TR ever and getting to know a few of the people on this trip (namely, myself and my husband, Matt), or the PTR leading up to that trip, feel free to click on the link above or in my signature!

So like I said, I know some of you guys know me from our anniversary TR, and I mentioned that I've only ever been to Disney with Matt (in my adult-life).. well, this time we're doing things bit a differently, as we're going with some of our best friends, Bruce and Amy! If you're just joining now, don't fret, because we're about to go into the intros of this trip, and you'll get to know all of us quite well. :)

So, before I get too far into things, let's start with the basics... Who the heck is going on this trip?

bdf0f725.jpg

8cb9a980.jpg

Well, for one, me! I'm Danielle, though Matt calls me Dani, so you can call me either one! I'm a 27 year old Mom... to two farting dogs and a cat. ;) No kids quite yet, but we'll get into that in a little bit! I live just outside of Seattle, Washington, and am absolutely in love with Disney World, and also enjoy photography, writing (OH and I love parentheses!), baking, video games, traveling, road trips, and discovering new local restaurants. I'm a total goofball, I LOVE laughing and smiling, and you'll often find me making up ridiculously random songs... a lot. It's kind of my thing.

Favorite park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite attraction: Expedition Everest, with Splash Mountain so stinkin' close in 2nd
Favorite Disney character: Mickey and Pluto
Favorite Pixar character: Wall-E
Favorite Disney or Pixar movie: Wall-E, Tangled
Favorite Disney restaurant: Via Napoli
Favorite Disney snack: Tie between School Bread and Cinnamon Roasted Pecans

5912be85.jpg

ecf1e7a4.jpg

Oh, and that guy that I mentioned above, ya know, the handsome guy in the above photos.. Matt? Yeah, he's my husband, and as I've said in the past, my best friend and partner in crime. We've been together for almost 9 years, married for nearly 2. Matt is 29 (I try not to remind him that he's turning 30 in a few months TOO much, haha), and enjoys Disney World (he's the one who REALLY got me into it; he's been to Disney 23 times!).. He also loves video games, reading, playing his banjo, cooking, and board games (you should see our collection, it's intense). Matt's just as goofy as me, which is awesome because in turn, we are two mega goobers together. I couldn't be happier to be married to him because yes, he is indeed a total rock star of a husband.

Favorite park: Epcot, MK second
Favorite attraction: Haunted Mansion
Favorite Disney character: Stitch
Favorite Pixar character: Remy from Ratatouille
Favorite Disney or Pixar movie: Ratatouille, Lilo and Stitch or The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Favorite Disney restaurant: Raglan Road
Favorite Disney snack: School Bread or Churros

bruceamy.jpg

Applause for our newest cast members, Bruce and Amy! Bruce and Amy are married to each other and live 5 minutes down the street from us. Bruce has known Matt since they were little kids, and fast forward to now, we're all pretty much BFFs. Awesome, right?! Bruce has been to Disney World twice, once with Matt when they were 12(ish). It's been about 15 years or so since Bruce has been to Disney World, but he has been to Disneyland a few times. Amy, on the other hand, grew up going to Disneyland and has never been to Disney World! She's always wanted to go, and so this will be her first time ever! I am so excited for her to experience Disney World and see what it's like (I'm pretty sure she's going to really enjoy Cinderella Castle!)... Amy has been to Disneyland many times, and visits her brother who is a Cast Member at least once a year!

Bruce's Favorites:
Favorite park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite attraction: Splash Mountain
Favorite Disney character: Beast
Favorite Pixar character: Bruce (from Finding Nemo - how appropriate, right?!)
Favorite Disney or Pixar movie: Up

Amy's Favorites:
Favorite park: Disneyland
Favorite attraction: Indiana Jones (so wish they had this in Disney World!) or Pirates
Favorite Disney character: Maleficent
Favorite Pixar character: Mr. Incredible
Favorite Disney or Pixar movie: Up, and either Sleeping Beauty or the first Pirates movie

OKAY! Now that you've met all of the awesomely awesome people going on this trip, let's talk about when the heck we're going on this trip.. Currently, we have our trip planned forrrrr

JANUARY 24TH - FEBRUARY 3RD!

EDIT: This actually got changed to January 17th through January 27th, YIPPY!

Matt and I have gone the last week of January for the past 2 years, so we're sticking with it again! This will be the first time our trip goes into February, but because MLK Jr. weekend is a little later this year (the 21st), and we like to avoid that at all costs, our trip is a little later than norm. I'm slightly nervous about this, and I'll explain why in a future update, but it's the best dates for everyone involved in the trip, soooo yay!

Soon, we'll get into all the fun details, like why we're going on this trip, where we're staying, flight stuff, ADRs, the whole nine yards! I hope you are ready for a fun ride with this PTR! Don't be surprised if you get random life updates thrown in here, as I think it adds to getting to know people going on the trip (and more often than not, involves a photo or two of my doggies)...I think this trip is going to be a really special one (oh, and yes, we'll get into the specifics of the PTR title's meaning, I promise!), and I can't wait to plan it here on my favorite place to discuss all things Disney, the DISboards! :)

Table of Contents

Job stuff... and my version of the word "Brazil" in Draw Something
Ohhh, how confusing and fun DVC points can be...
Now we're changing our dates?! Why we're taking this trip, and our top 3 resort choices!
Oh ya know, I've just become the resident Disney fan at work and everyone knows it!
No big deal, we just bought a new car and finally booked ourselves at OKW... temporarily?!
Just another real life update, work is crazy and I started collecting Vinylmation!
Did we get our numbers 1 resorts choice? And we are OFFICIALLY staying at...
Disney decals for the car, showing off my Vinylmation collection, and our trip countdown BEGINS! 212 days away...
HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY TO MATT!!
Now we play a game called... GUESS THOSE ADRS!!!
And we have a WINNER! Our ADRs for our trip!
We went to the zoo, then went on a business trip... AND WE'RE GOING TO DISNEYLAND!!!
We take a weekend trip to the Oregon coast, officially make our ADRs, AND book a part of our Disneyland trip!
Wait, HOW MUCH will it cost to fly to Disneyland?!
Awesome news on the Disneyland front! And a trip to Mount Rainier!
"I've Got a Golden Tiiiickeeettt!" (or in our case, WILL have one in a few months!)
A ridiculous tale about my Be Our Guest reservation-making experience
"Please stand clear of my coffee. Por favor, mantengase alejadro de mi cafe."
Mega nerd alert; we do PAX, plus, our Day 2 plans for Disneyland!
We run into a dilemma with our flights, so I need your help!
We've now booked our flights aaaand of course, our plans changed!
Do the Puyallup... and let the CRAFTS begin!
A new ADR, nerdy spreadsheet, and more headbands/hair bows!
A trip to Mount Rainier!
I'm in Boston! WEEEE!
Mini-TR - Danielle does Boston/NYC Part One: Boston
Mini-TR - Danielle does Boston/NYC Part Two: NYC
Mini-TR - Danielle does Boston/NYC Part Three: NYC
Pumpkin Patch and our Halloween Decorations!
Mini-TR - Danielle does Boston/NYC Part Four: NYC
Mini-TR - Danielle does Boston/NYC Part Five: Goodbye NYC!
A new camera is on its way!
Good news and bad news..
Celebrating Halloween and some trip updates!
Luggage tags, PhotoPass+, Vinylmation and SNOW!
Christmas Decorations and feeling unprepared for Disneyland..
Home from Disneyland!
DISNEYLAND TR HAS BEGUN!
Wishes Dessert Party is booked. :)
ONE MONTH AWAY! AND MICKEY MAIL! YAY!
3 WEEKS!
Our cute countdown and I finally gave in...
10. DAYS. HECK. YES.
LET THE TRIP REPORT BEGIN!!

Joining in!

Oh, and we usually go the week before President's Day. Early February has always been great for us!

I'm joining you as well. It's nice to have some TR and PRE TR to read so the times go by until my own trip to WDW.

I'm here as well! popcorn:: I LOVED your TR so much, so I'm back for another installment. Looking forward to this PTR. You've actually inspired me to try my hand at a TR. So, thank you. :hug:

I thoroughly enjoyed your last pre-trip report and your last trip report. I can't wait to hear more about the upcoming trip. If Bruce and Amy are with you, who will be taking care of the pets?

Joining in!
I caught your TR about a week ago and I am all caught up now. I loved it! You made me feel like I was there!!

Can't wait to hear about your plans! :cool1:

Subbing! I lurked on your trip report and thought I should get in on the ground floor for this one. And board games are awesome - have you ever played Bezzerwizzer? It's pretty much our go-to game right now.

So jealous of your Up Castle t-shirt! I wanted one so badly but there weren't any in stock in my size in December.

YAY! I loved your TR. Can't wait for another one. I suppose a PTR will do in the meantime :cool1:

Sad to see your TR is over but excited to follow along in your plans for your trip next year!!! I may have been more of a lurker but I thoroughly enjoyed your TR!!

(to comment on your final thoughts update from your TR)
I live like an hour from NYC and had no idea there was an EOS there! Lol. I DO know there's a Disney store in Times Square. :). And my daughter reminds me Of it often as she asks me every weekend if we can take the train down to go! Lol. (I trained her well)

Can't wait to see what you guys have planned!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter