Double viewing of EWP

lady400

Earning My Ears
I thought I might pass this on to anyone interested...

On our first nite at WDW, we ate dinner at Ohana's at the Poly. We finished up in time to watch the EWP and MK fireworks from the beach (I wanted to watch from the beach, not the restaurant).

We had a great view of the EWP, which began at 9pm that night. Since the parade is of short duration, we had some time to kill before the MK fireworks (at 10pm that night). My DS wanted to ride the boat to MK, so we hopped aboard immediately after the parade ended.

The bonus of this timing was that the boat went behind the EWP as it continued on. We got some great, very close views of the EWP from the rear. Upon arrival at MK, we hopped on the monorail and went right back to the Poly, arriving in plenty of time for the fireworks.

It was a really nice evening!!

DH and I will be heading to WDW in September. I would really love to the Spectro Magic parade and then make a mad dash to the Poly to catch the fireworks from the beach. I didn't realize there was a water taxi to the resort. Do you know if it is for resort guests only? (DH and I are staying at CBR) Did you find it was faster than the monorail? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 5 1/2 weeks to go!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Sorry, I honestly don't know if it's supposed to be for resort guests only. Perhaps some Poly veterans could tell you. We didn't stay at the Poly (we were at DI), but we were never asked for resort ID. If it had been crowded with Poly guests, we would not have boarded, but at that time there were very few people.

As to whether it would be quicker, theoretically yes, but it would depend on a boat being there and ready when you exit. There is no way to guarantee that.

Sorry, that wasn't much help!!

Believe that the last stop for Electric Water Pageant is approx. 9:45 or 10:00 PM at Contemporary Resort. You can hop the monorail there from MK or better yet follow the path from MK directly to Contemporary - you can't miss it, just walk to your left upon exiting MK. Viewing it at the Contemporary should give you more time to get there (after Spectro Magic). Also, it may even be possible to see Spectro Magic at MK and then go to Contemporary to see both Electric Water Pageant and Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks from observation area at California Grill atop the Contemporary (this is a fantastic place to view the fireworks & the music is piped in as well & you don't need to dine there in order to do this!). Check on the resort discussion board for info on when EWP arrives at Contemporary. And check theme park calendar at this site to get an idea on times for Spectro Magic & fireworks before you go. Good luck & have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter