Doubletree Universal?

kristenabelle

a funny girl
Hi all! If this is the wrong forum for the thread (not an official UOR hotel), apologies in advance.

My mom has a conference at the Doubletree a few days before my 30th birthday trip to the Poly. We'll be there from 10/16 - 10/19 (actual birthday!). Going to do HHN again, try for another behind the scenes tour, and hit up Volcano Bay for the first time.

Does anyone have thoughts on the Doubletree? I last stayed at HRH and was totally spoiled. That said, I'm looking forward to the free room and (apparently) 15-min walk to the parks. I was concerned it would be shuttle-only, and I'd hate to be at the mercy of a single shuttle.

Hi all! If this is the wrong forum for the thread (not an official UOR hotel), apologies in advance.

My mom has a conference at the Doubletree a few days before my 30th birthday trip to the Poly. We'll be there from 10/16 - 10/19 (actual birthday!). Going to do HHN again, try for another behind the scenes tour, and hit up Volcano Bay for the first time.

Does anyone have thoughts on the Doubletree? I last stayed at HRH and was totally spoiled. That said, I'm looking forward to the free room and (apparently) 15-min walk to the parks. I was concerned it would be shuttle-only, and I'd hate to be at the mercy of a single shuttle.

I have never stayed there but I did walk from there to Citywalk in September - it was a very easy walk over...with a sidewalk the whole way. There is one fairly intimidating intersection but there is a walk signal of a reasonable length. We entered Citywalk through the valet parking area:

upload_2018-2-6_11-32-7.png

Double Tree has been around for many many years

It’s a good hotel chain

The hotel does fill up on some dates

In the trip report forum, there are a few older threads about some that stayed at DT as there base to sleep at night
All were satisfied with staying there

Double Tree has been around for many many years

It’s a good hotel chain

The hotel does fill up on some dates

In the trip report forum, there are a few older threads about some that stayed at DT as there base to sleep at night
All were satisfied with staying there

Perfect! It'll be my mom's first time since both Wizarding World lands opened. Can't wait!

I've never stayed at doubletree but I've stayed at the holiday inn right next to it several times and done that walk many, many times. It is an easy pleasant walk that will have you entering citywalk through the valet parking security which never has a line. The worst part of the walk is that initial crosswalk that walks across several lanes but it does have a light AND they are currently constructing a pedestrian bridge that will go over that street which I think will be awesome when it is done, no idea what their projected completion date is though.

Ive stayed at the Doubletree at the Entrance to Universal many times. I have annual passes to Universal and currently live an hour away and after a day at the park I do not want to drive home. It is also the only hotel close to Universal that will accept an 18 year old to book a room ( all over require 21 or older). It is a nice and clean hotel that lacks the continental breakfast you see at most doubletreee. However, the TGI Fridays across the street offers a nice breakfast buffet.

The walk across the street is manageable but can be quite scary when the cars don't want to stop. You can always request and Uber or a cab. Its not more than $5 and it is still cheaper than paying to park.

Consider staying. It is a nice hotel!

Doubletree has warm cookies!! My apologies I cannot help with the location (but I love the cookies!)

We stayed there for a few nights in 2010 and it was great. Some rooms on higher floors have a view of the park. The walk is very doable and like others said there is one intersection crossing several lanes of traffic but there's a good crosswalk and light there. The walk felt very safe at any time of day. Enjoy!

I have stayed there a few times and plan to stay there for one night in a few weeks. It's a decent hotel. Not really up to the typical Doubletree standards, but the location is hard to beat and that's what you are really paying for.
The walk to Universal is easy or you can take the shuttle in the am. You do have to schedule it the day before, though. I've never worried about crossing the street.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter