• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dover Transfers from Heathrow

gismo1554

DIS Veteran
Trying to find out a little information on transfers to Dover for next year. Was curious about anyone who has used them and what time they got to the port? I'm thinking of staying at the Sofitel in order to get the Disney transfer but not sure if its worth it or not? My other option is to do a bus to Dover directly (which I'd have to change in London anyway) but then would need another transfer that end.

We're doing the British Isles cruise this year and plan on staying at Heathrow (probably the Premiere Inn in Terminal 4) the night before and taking the DCL transfer to Dover the next morning. You don't have to be staying at a Disney sponsored hotel to use the transfer from Heathrow. We were quoted $75 per person for the Dover transfer.

Will probably use the Dover Express back to central London when we disembark as we are staying an extra 2 days in London. But I assume the return transfer back to Heathrow would cost the same.

Disney also offers transportation from the Doubletree by Hilton London Victoria for $75, which we will be using this September.

We used Disney transfers last year from Heathrow T3 to Dover and have booked again this year.

We boarded the coach at Heathrow I think at around 9.45 am. There was a slight delay picking up passengers at T5 and a rest stop on the way.

When we arrived in Dover some American passengers asked the driver if he could drive by the Castle which he did for a quick photo stop. So we eventually arrived at the port around mid day.

We used Disney transfers last year from Heathrow T3 to Dover and have booked again this year.

We boarded the coach at Heathrow I think at around 9.45 am. There was a slight delay picking up passengers at T5 and a rest stop on the way.

When we arrived in Dover some American passengers asked the driver if he could drive by the Castle which he did for a quick photo stop. So we eventually arrived at the port around mid day.

Thanks :D This answers my question perfectly as that was what I was trying to gauge - whether its midday or earlier. Its my first Platinum cruise and I want to make the most of it so looking at getting to port around 11-12ish

We're taking the International Friends Bus which picks you up at any Heathrow hotel. You get a onboard commentary/history lesson and 2 hours at the Dover Castle and short stop at the Battle of Britain Memorial. Arrival at the MAGIC is abt 2pm. They will also take you directly to the ship if you don't want to do the stops.
We'll use the Disney transfer on the return trip.

In September 2020 I'm planning to get the Piccadilly Line tube from Heathrow to Kings Cross train station and then get the train from Kings Cross / St Pancras to Dover Priory. I plan to travel the day before departure and stay over night at a hotel in Dover. On the morning of embarkation I plan to get a taxi from the hotel to the port, depending on my PAT.

For the tube I will use an Oyster Card which I have from previous visits to London. The tube fare will probably be around £6, the travel time is approx 40 minutes but I will allow for 1 hour.

For the train from Kings Cross / St Pancras to Dover Priory I will buy a ticket about 4 months in advance online from www.trainline.com There are 2 routes, the fast route and the slow route. When booked in advance a one way ticket can be as cheap as £15. 60
The slow route takes 2 hours 20 minutes
The fast route takes takes 1 hour 20 minutes

Thanks :D This answers my question perfectly as that was what I was trying to gauge - whether its midday or earlier. Its my first Platinum cruise and I want to make the most of it so looking at getting to port around 11-12ish

I understand that! We are using the Double Tree transfer in September, first bus at 9:30am, I want to get to the port ASAP.

4 years ago we took a train from Victoria Station to Dover Priory. Getting a taxi at Dover Priory took a little time - there were about 10 taxis lined up waiting for the train, and we were #11. So 15 - 20 minutes later the taxis returned and it was a quick / easy trip to the port. We did this on embarkation day (we were already in London), and I would do it again.

If you don't travel during "rush hour" the costs drops significantly. We did the same returning to London, except that we went to St. Pancras to catch the Eurostar to Paris. Both directions were easy and stress free.

Hi. Thanks, both. It was the timings I was most interested in really.
We took the DCL transfers from the Doubletree Hilton Victoria last year. We were on the second bus to leave and arrived around 11:45 am before boarding began. They started boarding as we were checking in. About 15 minutes after checking in they called our boarding number. I would do it again. I have more info about the whole process here if you are interested. https://disneycruisefamilytravelblog.com/2019/04/18/disney-cruise-transportation-london-to-dover/

We took the DCL transfers from the Doubletree Hilton Victoria last year. We were on the second bus to leave and arrived around 11:45 am before boarding began. They started boarding as we were checking in. About 15 minutes after checking in they called our boarding number. I would do it again. I have more info about the whole process here if you are interested. https://disneycruisefamilytravelblog.com/2019/04/18/disney-cruise-transportation-london-to-dover/
Did they have enough buses for everyone. I’ve only used DCL transfers once and that it was in Montreal. It was a hot mess. I said never again, but here I go again.

Did they have enough buses for everyone. I’ve only used DCL transfers once and that it was in Montreal. It was a hot mess. I said never again, but here I go again.
As far as I know they had enough buses. We left on the second bus. It wasn’t full, there were lots of people who were waiting for buses after ours.

We are taking the transfer and our email just said to check by 10:45 am for transport to the port.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter