• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Down side to DVC

I was able to get a week on cash. Am still stalking the site in hopes points availability but so far nothing more than a day here or there until after the new year. I was disappointed as I was "hoping" (but not expecting) that they would pull some CRO inventory to help out members who had to reschedule.
There are several pots of inventory for DVC resorts. These include unsold inventory owned by DVD, that owned and reserved by members, that owned by DVC but already in the club (ROFR, etc), breakage inventory and that traded for cash options like cruises. About the only portion that DVCMC actually has any input into is that reserved by members and the breakage inventory. The only portion that is potentially reclaimable from CRO is breakage inventory not already reserved on cash. For the rest, they likely won't pull back cash inventory even if unreserved and likely not if it sits empty. They've given a LOT of concessions to members who had to cancel, them paying for cash rooms so members can use their points is not a reasonable approach. Remember a timeshare is basically like owning a condo, if it's out of commission the owner loses and if it costs money to get it back on track, the owner pays. A timeshare is simply a shared ownership in a condo. While I'm not a believer in trip insurance for most situations, not getting it is a risk though one I feel is less than the cost for most situations.

Well, I was able to book the exact same room, same number of nights, but it cost more points. The only problem with booking in early February is the possibility of snow or ice in area at that time. If we get any at all, it is usually during that timeframe. We booked that week as it is actually the week of my Grandson's birthday, and availability was getting very slim after so many people had to cancel and rebook.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter