Downtown Dining

Dr Ellis

Mouseketeer
My wife and are planning on going to La Nouba this November. We are doing the deluxe dining plan. What downtown restaurant does the board recommend? We are thinking of eating before the show? Good idea?

Thanks,

Dr. E.

My favorite Downtown Disney dining is a quick service, not a table service. It's Wolfgang Puck Express, on the Marketplace end. The food there is a great value and just as good, if not better, than a TS.

For DDP TS options, there aren't all that many to choose from in Downtown Disney. The main Wolfgang Puck Cafe is on the DDP, and of course the food there is good, but I'd choose the Express over the Cafe any day.

The new Paradiso 37 is awesome. I would definately try them out; great margaritas and cold beer and the apps are fabulous.

Before a show I would rather eat light with a bunch of appetizers....

for TS locations in DTD are limited. Many of the restaurants in DTD are not Disney owned so inclusion is a matter of negotiation. The TS locations on the DDP are (numbers relate to the map linked below):

Wolfgang Puck Cafe (TS) and Express (4)
Planet Hollywood (13)
Raglan Road (17)
Cap'n Jacks (38)

Wolfgang Puck is the closest to La Nouba. This is the downstairs location which is not as nice as the WP Dining Room upstairs. Raglan Road is a just a little longer walk than Planet Hollywood and, in my opinion, much better.

For convenience WP is the choice. The food at the CS, Express, is about as good as the dining room and you could save the TS credit for some other time. If you want a TS and don't mind a bit of walk (you are at Disney) then I would go with Raglan Road.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/downtown.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter