Downtown Disney Balloon

L&Lfan

DIS Veteran
Has anyone actually done the hot air balloon ride at Downtown Disney? I have a friend who really wants to do it later this month. She did the parasailing on Bay Lake in June and she loved it! Do y'all think the balloon is worth the price and time (and current hassle of getting to Downtown Disney)? Thanks!:)

My friend and my mom and I did it in Feb. My mom has always wanted to do it. As soon as it moved she got scared and wouldn't look down or let go :rotfl2: The pictures are priceless! My friend and I had a great time doing it. We really enjoyed it. I can say that it was worth the money, but my mom paid.

How is the view? What parks (if any) can you see from the balloon? We did the balloon at Disney Village in Paris, which is immediately adjacent to both the Disneyland Park and the Disney Studios Park. But I'm curious what you can see from DTD balloon ride.

We did this last week. You can see EPCOT well, as well as other Park landmarks. Normally $18pp, we went before 10am for $10pp...well worth it.

I really want to do this. It was closed last time I was at WDW. Is there a pre-purchase/reservation/something I need to do ahead of time? Is it usually a long wait? I'll be there afternoon/evening next Tuesday.

I really want to do this. It was closed last time I was at WDW. Is there a pre-purchase/reservation/something I need to do ahead of time? Is it usually a long wait? I'll be there afternoon/evening next Tuesday.

Because the balloon's operation is dependent on the winds both at the surface and aloft being within safety limits they do not take reservations or pre-purchase. It cannot be guaranteed to run at any given time. So you just go DTD when in looks like the winds are calm and see if it is operating. The lines are never long in my experience.

Because the balloon's operation is dependent on the winds both at the surface and aloft being within safety limits they do not take reservations or pre-purchase. It cannot be guaranteed to run at any given time. So you just go DTD when in looks like the winds are calm and see if it is operating. The lines are never long in my experience.

Thank you so much! How refreshing that there's something I don't have to plan ;)

The BEST bargain in DW! It's a "hit & miss" thing though...depending on the weather. DD and I intended to go up for my 3rd time (her 1st) in July but with thunderstorms during the entire trip it wasn't possible. On a clear day you can actually see as far as Orlando. Here are a few photos from my first time...I LOVED IT!

WDWtrip09555.jpg

WDWtrip09540.jpg

WDWtrip09541.jpg

WDWtrip09539.jpg

WDWtrip09538.jpg

WDWtrip09556.jpg

WDWtrip09549.jpg
:tink:

Orlando's International Drive corridor will be the king of these kind of extreme height attractions in a year or two.First the Orlando Eye,a 425 foot tall giant wheel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dQ5RbXQ_E4

Then the 570 foot tall skyscraper tower with a rollercoaster running along the outside:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gK5MWQ__Ns

And finally just recently announced a 420 foot tall StarFlyer,basically a swingin chair ride but way up there,this will definitely be the one I'll have the biggest fear of getting on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoe4NPOELbA

Also, if you youtube Downtown Disney Balloon, there are videos of the sights you can see from above.

It's weird, I am NOT scared of heights (put me on almost any rollercoaster or drop tower and i'm cool) but seeing the photos above gave me the heebie jeebies

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter