Downtown Disney - classiest, best restaurant?? (m)

bajanswife

DIS Veteran
2 friends and I are coming to stay at a mutual friend in Orlando and we're all doing a quick Disney tour. As a thank you we'd like to take our hostess out for a really nice dinner, and the most suitable time seems to be the evening we do DD (it's a very short trip and we're really cramming stuff in, not to mention that our other evenings are booked with events not conducive to a sit-down meal!). We're all women in our 30s - no kids to consider.

Which restaurant at DD would you recommend? I know she's eaten at PH and RC. I was thinking of Wolfgang Puck's. Fulton's was also an option, but I don't eat seafood and wondered if the non-seafood items on the menu were great. I actually don't think our hostess is a huge seafood person either, although she does eat it sometimes.

We would be going on Wednesday October 13 - are we likely to need PSs for eating between 6 and 8 p.m.?

Thanks!

I haven't been to it yet, but I would think Wolfgang Puck Dining Room. We're trying in next month!

Fulton's was very nice and the food good, but I thought the waiters were a little, um, snobbish. I would choose something else.

We have given pucks many chances..and it is not worth the money by any means...not the dining room, cafe or express.

I would go for the Portobello..italian and very good.

Classiest--well, that let's Fultons out!!! We too had wretched service there every time we've gone.
Portobello YC is a nice spot--somewhat upscale Italian and good service.
Can't help with Wolfgang's upstairs (we've never been) but it is an option.
And I'd make PS just in case--you never really know how crowded a spot could be and no need to be disappointed.

Last year, we dined at Wolfgang Puck's Dining Room upstairs and found it to be the best (and classiest) of all restaurants at DTD. And we've eaten at all of them

BTW, am I crazy or did Levy Restaurants buy Wolfgangs at DTD within the past several months????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter