Downtown Disney music question

Chapka

Earning My Ears
One early morning last week, as I was walking through Downtown Disney on my way to the parks, the sound system was playing a track I didn't recognize.

It sounded like it was being played on a Moog or another early analog synthesizer, or a good digital recreation of one. It wasn't from Wendy Carlos' Tron soundtrack--I wore that cassette out as a kid and I think I would've recognized it. It sounded more like an original piece for synth than an arrangement of a pop classic piece or a pop song.

Does anyone happen to know (1) what this track might have been, or even (2) how the Downtown Disney music works--is it a limited track like the Main Street USA soundtrack, or does it change more from day to day? I was there for a week (though I didn't spend that much time walking around Downtown) and didn't hear that piece again or anything like it.

Sorry I can't provide more detail; like I said, I heard it once a week ago and it's just been nagging at me since.

We were there two weeks ago and the only thing I heard playing in Downtown Disney (repeatedly) was the Fantasmic soundtrack.

Could it have been the music to the Main Street Electrical Parade? Similar music is also part of the water parade in WDW.
Mike

They play some of the WDW music like the Epcot entrance medley and some of the Tomorrowland area music as well. I am willing to bet you heard part of the Epcot Future World loop. I love hearing that at Disneyland...makes me so happy, although I suspect many people don't recognize it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter